2020-2021 NBA Season Thread

DG_ThenNowForever

What poor sportsmanship from the Suns at the end. Booker's push on Schroder was unbelievably dirty. 

Not going to lie, this was a lousy game lmao.  No one on either team could buy a bucket, super sloppy from both teams and the officials decided they wanted to be apart of the game with an absurd amount of ticky-tack fouls on both teams. 

Hopefully, Game 4 will be better. It's basically a must-win for the Suns. They lose that game, and the series is over. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hate that so much.

The Sixers are only good because they abandoned the Process. Philly fans boo Santa Claus, throw batteries at baseball players, dump popcorn on Russell Westbrook, and cheer on losing because they can't comprehend winning.

Just when I'm on the verge of appreciating the Sixers, they go back to the worst of their franchise. Hinkie was a loser and as long as Philly celebrates him, they'll be losers too. The Bucks and Nets are better and I look forward to them beating Philly in 7 at Philly and seeing a bunch of cheesesteak sad faces as it happens.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I hate that so much.

The Sixers are only good because they abandoned the Process.

They wouldn't have any of what they have if not for the process.  You can continue to argue that, but at some point you'll just have to accept that 2+2=4 and stop claiming it's 3.  I won't respond to the rest of your troll.

Why you hate a player that's actually marketable and is fun is beyond me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

21 minutes ago, BBTV said:

They wouldn't have any of what they have if not for the process.  You can continue to argue that, but at some point you'll just have to accept that 2+2=4 and stop claiming it's 3.  I won't respond to the rest of your troll.

Why you hate a player that's actually marketable and is fun is beyond me.

LOL at you of all people calling out troll behavior.

I don't dislike Embiid -- I like him a lot. What I dislike is the rest of the Process/Hinkie brainwash that has convinced itself losing is Actually Good. And that picking MCW and Nerlens Noel instead of Giannis was good and Dario Saric instead of Nikola Jokic was good and Jah Okafor instead of Devin Booker was good.

Hinkie said he needed a lot of draft picks to be able to hit home runs. Instead he hit one triple, a bunch of groundouts, and a handful of singles.

The Lakers were tanking at the exact same time and ended up drafting Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, Kuzma, Wagner, Russell, and Randle. While not all of those guys are on the team, a bunch led to AD and a title. The Sixers had more draft capital and more options and ended up with less.

I can do math, and the math I see is the Process was a failure and Sixers fans ought to be a whole lot nice to Colangelo, Brand and Morey. Hinkie is a bad guy who epitomizes the worst of late stage capitalism and deserves no praise.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Should we thank Hue Jackson and the parade of Bozos the Browns had as GMs for getting the draft capital that helped launch their current rise? Or should we thank people who took those resources and actually did something with it? I can go on all day but bad GMs are bad GMs regardless of what their successors did with the talent they acquired. 

7 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

LOL at you of all people calling out troll behavior.

I don't dislike Embiid -- I like him a lot. What I dislike is the rest of the Process/Hinkie brainwash that has convinced itself losing is Actually Good. And that picking MCW and Nerlens Noel instead of Giannis was good and Dario Saric instead of Nikola Jokic was good and Jah Okafor instead of Devin Booker was good.

Hinkie said he needed a lot of draft picks to be able to hit home runs. Instead he hit one triple, a bunch of groundouts, and a handful of singles.

The Lakers were tanking at the exact same time and ended up drafting Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, Kuzma, Wagner, Russell, and Randle. While not all of those guys are on the team, a bunch led to AD and a title. The Sixers had more draft capital and more options and ended up with less.

I can do math, and the math I see is the Process was a failure and Sixers fans ought to be a whole lot nice to Colangelo, Brand and Morey. Hinkie is a bad guy who epitomizes the worst of late stage capitalism and deserves no praise.

Let's just be clear about what happened here.

I posted that HHH had replied to Joel Embiid's tweet that referenced DX.  That's it.   And you go completely off the rails about Philly this and Philly that.  Over a fun tweet exchange between Triple-H and Joel Embiid.  That's not something that most people would get all bent out of shape about. 

7 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Let's just be clear about what happened here.

I posted that HHH had replied to Joel Embiid's tweet that referenced DX.  That's it.   And you go completely off the rails about Philly this and Philly that.  Over a fun tweet exchange between Triple-H and Joel Embiid.  That's not something that most people would get all bent out of shape about. 

In fairness, I didn't see "ThrustTheProcess" until just now. That's funny.

But I won't apologize for taking any opportunity to bust on Sam Hinkie. Similar to how others don't miss any opportunity to bust on portly former Eagles coaches.

Why are the ESPN announcers so hot in the mix? It sounds like they're watching a replay of an old game or something

30 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Why are the ESPN announcers so hot in the mix? It sounds like they're watching a replay of an old game or something

Because Jeff van Gundy is old and has refused to learn the rules of what a foul is. He is being absolutely obnoxious with how he doesn’t know what a landing zone is on a jumper and thinks it isn’t a foul to enter it.

Totally happy with the Celtics taking one off Brooklyn and holding Kyrie to a real snoozer. 50 for Tatum! Elect him Mayor, or at least chief of staff to Mayor Deuce. And been waiting for that Tristan Thompson to show all year long.

15 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

And that picking MCW and Nerlens Noel instead of Giannis was good

In all fairness...back when Giannis was a random mystery man, my reaction to the pick was "ugh, fine, don't let the door hit you on the way to Seattle."  I love this snakebitten  :censored: show of a team, but I was this close to accepting this as the Bucks' death knell.  It felt like a repeat of Yi Jianlian at the time.  As the old saying goes, though, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, or in this case, smart.  That Giannis Antetokounmpo went from a mystery kid on a grainy tape to a franchise savior was, to a certain extent I won't even try to estimate, luck on the Bucks' part. 

With the benefit of hindsight, it's like when the Bucks drafted Dirk...except this time they got to keep him.  Funny thing about MCW, that one year the Bucks were playing the Bulls in the first round, I had the pregame show on, and the camera was focused on him.  My mother stared at the screen for a minute, then said, "He looks like a baby!" 🤣  

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Is there anyone who likes ESPN's floating camera or other non-traditional camera angles during the run of play?

I get trying something new, but I also think the basic basketball camera angle was perfected a long time ago. I don't really need the variety; it just seems like they stick with a floating camera until a ball goes in a basket. When there's an extended drought, it gets uncomfortable not being able to actually see the game.

Archived