NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

7 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

Houston's team is now the Texans.  The Oilers left. Should the identity have stayed in Houston? Probably.  But the people there also just accepted the move like so many others before had. Which is weird as the Browns had left the year prior and there was enough of an uproar from fans in Cleveland to retain the Browns identity/history/colors/etc.

There was an uproar from Ohio's two U.S. Senators, one of whom was John Glenn, who got up the NFL's ass and made enough noise about anti-relocation legislation and the antitrust exemption to spook the NFL into a compromise. The Oilers didn't seem to enjoy that level of advocacy. Neither team should have been allowed to move. 

• Like 12

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

19 hours ago, Cujo said:

2. IMO again, but everything about the Texans brand is far superior to the Oilers.

Dead wrong. Aside form the Texans logo (which is 10/10), there is not one thing that excels or stands out about the identity.

No, it's not "dead wrong". Your opinion is that it's dead wrong. Just like my opinion is the opposite. Your opinion is not fact.

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

There was an uproar from Ohio's two U.S. Senators, one of whom was John Glenn, who got up the NFL's ass and made enough noise about anti-relocation legislation and the antitrust exemption to spook the NFL into a compromise. The Oilers didn't seem to enjoy that level of advocacy. Neither team should have been allowed to move. 

Seems like the Oiler's lack of success didn't ingratiate themselves into Houstons DNA like the Browns were in Clevelands.

It is quite stunning some of the business decisions the NFL made in the 90's that would be unfathomable today.

Putting a team in Jacksonville and dropping two huge markets like LA and Houston.

Sort of reflects all of the clown "legacy" owners that wouldn't sniff ownership today.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, colortv said:

Seems like the Oiler's lack of success didn't ingratiate themselves into Houstons DNA like the Browns were in Clevelands.

It is quite stunning some of the business decisions the NFL made in the 90's that would be unfathomable today.

Putting a team in Jacksonville and dropping two huge markets like LA and Houston.

The nfl is a cartel of 32 franchise owners and the league office was created to execute their collective will and act in the best interests of ownership. If the ownership agrees to award a new franchise to an ownership group that wants to set up a franchise in jax and their bid is deemed worthy and the check clears for the franchise fee then they vote to add that franchise. Additionally with regard to relocation, given that the clubs are franchises the league office only has so much influence in the relocation. As long as the relo is within bylaws (always subject to change) and the owners approve of the relocation fee amount, the allure of cash up front for doing nothing is strong.  The claim that the league "dropped" la and hou is not accurate, while they lost local teams the media markets absolutely did not go dark and in fact the LA market was able to broadcast the best 3 available games (albeit with the raiders getting some preference) for two decades with no decline in viewership.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Luv Ya Blue is probably never happening for the Texans, but I could see them pulling off a more "rustic" color scheme that comes close enough.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Perfect, as it (incoming Nikespeak)

a) harkens back to the history of football in Houston

b) brings a rustic Texas vibe to the Texans brand

c) incorporates “bone” as the primary light uniform

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Y'all really want that? 😆

Bone jerseys. No. Just no.

Bone pants... now we're talking. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

And instead of learning from these situations, the NFL instead allowed the even more disgraceful and ill-conceived relocation of the Chargers to LA.

• Like 3

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

11 hours ago, Olmec said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Better players have worn bad or worse uniforms. A player making noise on social media does not justify a uniform change. And for the record, I think the Cardinals' current look is dated and tired. 

Your hostility towards Kyler Murray is strange and off-putting. Usually people here tend to get excited when athletes give an opinion on this stuff, but you're just needlessly hostile to this guy 🤔

6 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

b) brings a rustic Texas vibe to the Texans brand

Houston isn't a rustic locale. It's a sprawling metropolis.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

Houston should Have never given up that name the Oilers is what nade Houston....get that name back!!

Texans is SO OVERATED!!!!!

6 hours ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

Bone jerseys. No. Just no.

Bone pants... now we're talking. 

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, guest23 said:

The nfl is a cartel of 32 franchise owners and the league office was created to execute their collective will and act in the best interests of ownership.

Of course it is. 

But that doesn’t mean everything they think is in the best interests of ownership is actually in the best interest of ownership. 

The cartel is more or less capable depending on who comprises those 32 votes.  And in the 90s, those 32 votes made some pretty bad decisions. 

On 1/25/2021 at 1:06 AM, MDGP said:

I don't remember where in the thread it is and don't really have the energy to look, but they were supposed to have a new throwback this year but things got all jumbled with Covid, so it got pushed back a year. At least if I'm remembering correctly, that's what happened.

you are. 

No details so far, but the rumors I’m hearing are that they’re moving away from navy throwbacks.  That would likely mean Kelly green or gold jerseys. 

On 1/24/2021 at 9:35 PM, pepis21 said:

So with that 5 years rules should be applied to Colts or not? They basically only changed numbers font and rest were a minor tweaks.

The Colts should change the black swooshes back to blue. It makes no sense at all and no one really notices them unless they are holding the jersey in their hands. 

On 1/24/2021 at 11:03 PM, gothedistance said:

The Bengals will have new uniforms, if the rumors about them is true. Green Bay and the LA Rams will have a new alternate. Who else will have something new in 2021?

Hopefully Cleveland will be bringing in an orange jersey, but that's not been confirmed. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Hopefully Cleveland will be bringing in an orange jersey, but that's not been confirmed. 

I hope they don't introduce an orange jersey.  They have enough potential combos due to them having 3 pants, so new combos aren't needed.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but my preferred combos for them are brown over orange, and white over brown.  

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, Lights Out said:

And instead of learning from these situations, the NFL instead allowed the even more disgraceful and ill-conceived relocation of the Chargers to LA.

Only three teams should have been allowed to relocate after the merger:

1. Raiders to Los Angeles because the Bay Area would have maintained a place in the NFL

2. Raiders to Oakland because Los Angeles would have maintained a place in the NFL

3. Cardinals to Phoenix because bad things happening to St. Louis is funny

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

I hope they don't introduce an orange jersey.  They have enough potential combos due to them having 3 pants, so new combos aren't needed.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but my preferred combos for them are brown over orange, and white over brown.  

They need to add a white stripe to those brown pants. 

• Like 5

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png