NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

The thing about the Jets is they already have their city rival in the Giants using an NY as a helmet logo, and this is with a much harder to depict name.

"Jets" has the potential for something strong, dynamic and creative, yet they opt for a wordblock.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Chromatic said:

The thing about the Jets is they already have their city rival in the Giants using an NY as a helmet logo, and this is with a much harder to depict name.

"Jets" has the potential for something strong, dynamic and creative, yet they opt for a wordblock.

They could be like the Browns and not have anything 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

They could be like the Browns and not have anything 

I who have nothing, may have nothing, but I'll always have something that you won't.

What that is, I'm not sure yet.

• Like 4

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 5/22/2021 at 3:20 PM, Dexter Morgan said:

get rid of the black  (outline, facemask, all of it) and you may have something here.

here's a weird take (especially as a fan who has been pretty opposed to the various attempts at shoe-horning the color black into his team's -- mets, islanders -- identities):

i kind of like black's inclusion in the jets' set.

full admission, the jets splashed some black into their set when i was a kid just starting to root for the team, so that undoubtedly colors my view. but i do think the black (in small doses) works for them. i specifically think it's great as a trim element on the road unis. in fact, i'd love to see them mix-and-match a little. maybe try the black pants with the green jersey. 

my biggest objection to any jets look is when they go monochrome. though mono football uniforms aren't my taste, i can admit that some teams can make it look palatable (for example, the seahawks look isn't my favorite, but for me, it works for them). but for the jets, i think it looks atrocious. even all-white doesn't work well, IMO.

that's another big fix that they need: they need to use green pants with the black alt. i think breaking up the mono-black would make all their green elements pop more.

• Like 4
  • Meh 1

sig2024.png

2 hours ago, Brian E said:

i think breaking up the mono-black would make all their green elements pop more.

Another way to make the green pop more would be by not using any black.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Another way to make the green pop more would be by not using any black.

i was specifically talking about the green elements on the black alternate, but hey, why have a discussion when you can score some cheap likes with a snarky comment! how edgy!!

• Like 9

sig2024.png

47 minutes ago, Brian E said:

i was specifically talking about the green elements on the black alternate, but hey, why have a discussion when you can score some cheap likes with a snarky comment! how edgy!!

No, really, the black alternate doesn't work and is totally not needed. I'm not trying to be edgy, as I truly don't get why you need to make the green pop more by using less black, when using no black would accomplish the same.

If you break up the mono-black, you get something like what the Eagles have done with a black jersey over (a different shade of) green pants, or the reverse. In neither case does that make the green pop more. Eh - not feeling it.

Is that better discussion?

• Like 6
  • WOAH 1

It's where I sit.

On 5/20/2021 at 12:25 PM, Brian E said:

always felt like there was an easy fix for the current jets set:

current helmet logo/'jet' wordmark hybrid

traditional sleeve striping

traditional pant striping

remove 'new york' wordmark

maye.png

So basically… this?

spacer.png

• Like 13

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

18 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

No, really, the black alternate doesn't work and is totally not needed. I'm not trying to be edgy, as I truly don't get why you need to make the green pop more by using less black, when using no black would accomplish the same.

If you break up the mono-black, you get something like what the Eagles have done with a black jersey over (a different shade of) green pants, or the reverse. In neither case does that make the green pop more. Eh - not feeling it.

Is that better discussion?

Not really an apples-to-apples comparison. The Eagles’ shade of “green” (actually dark teal) is too dark to contrast properly with black. NYJ’s shade is much brighter. I’d actually like their use of black trim if they were consistent with it. 

Philly, though, needs to go back to kelly green, go back to using silver as their secondary color, or both. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Not really an apples-to-apples comparison. The Eagles’ shade of “green” (actually dark teal) is too dark to contrast properly with black. NYJ’s shade is much brighter. I’d actually like their use of black trim if they were consistent with it. 

Philly, though, needs to go back to kelly green, go back to using silver as their secondary color, or both. 

Totally agree. But the Jets green is bright enough that it doesn't need black to pop, it pops all on its own.

wow - do I hate 'pop'.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

6 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Totally agree. But the Jets green is bright enough that it doesn't need black to pop, it pops all on its own.

wow - do I hate 'pop'.

It’s a good shade with just white and with black and white. It could also, in various other applications, work with silver, metallic gold, purple, different shades of blue, or even red. Kelly green is a great color and I wish more teams used it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

It’s a good shade with just white and with black and white. It could also, in various other applications, work with silver, metallic gold, purple, different shades of blue, or even red. Kelly green is a great color and I wish more teams used it. 

Very true.

If I go back to the beginning of this, I could be convinced that there is too much black used in the alternate (pretty obvious statement, I think, but bear with me). All that black hides the green, and doesn't allow for contrast. That may be where we were actually in agreement initially.

All that said, I'd still prefer 'no black' as opposed to 'some black', as I don't think it's needed in the Jets' uniform.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.