NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

1 minute ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Wouldn’t it just be a green jersey with yellow sleeve caps? I feel like that would work fine.

If you really look at the photos of those the yellow taper into the collar and the shoulders are yellow as well. It is more than just the sleeves.

The current Nike cuts just don't do that well in my opinion. Just a small part of the reason to me that the current Cardinals and previous Bengals sets looked so bad.

5 hours ago, canzman said:

If you really look at the photos of those the yellow taper into the collar and the shoulders are yellow as well. It is more than just the sleeves.

The current Nike cuts just don't do that well in my opinion. Just a small part of the reason to me that the current Cardinals and previous Bengals sets looked so bad.

I get what you're saying, but I think most older uniforms look awkward on modern jersey cuts. (Hell, a lot of modern uniforms look awkward on modern jersey cuts.) If we only do throwback that work well on the current sleeveless version of a football jersey, that's going to exclude a lot of nice uniforms.

I think the real point here is that modern football jersey tayloring sucks.

• Like 9

59 minutes ago, Froob said:

Do we still not have confirmation on the Patriots silver pants? Hoping the Madden unveil will clarify.

I think a tweet or something from Mike Reiss said the silver pants were not happening in 2021. 

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I think a tweet or something from Mike Reiss said the silver pants were not happening in 2021. 

God damn it. 

edit: hmm I searched for it on Twitter, don’t see it. Anyone have a link to it?

• Like 2

On 6/7/2021 at 3:44 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

Not sure how accurate this image is, but it does give a lot of choices...

spacer.png

Yellow from 1952 would be great. Btw there is any specific reason of why Packers don't have yellow alternate?

• Like 3

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Yellow from 1952 would be great. Btw there is any specific reason of why Packers don't have yellow alternate?

Yellow pants and helmet... that's enough of a reason to not have a yellow jersey for me.

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Because there's no need for an alternate that makes you look less than your best for a 17 game season (or a 162 game season, for that matter).

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

It's where I sit.

30 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Because there's no need for an alternate that makes you look less than your best for a 17 game season (or a 162 game season, for that matter).

I don't mind a color swap alternate as it seems like a natural extension of the existing brand. I hate throwbacks though as they are completely off-brand. Speaking of a color swap alternate and the Packers, they have exactly that in Madden 19.  A yellow recolor of the green home jersey. With green numbers. Not sure where it came from or why it's there. Or how long it's been in the game or if it still is. Have they ever worn something like that?

• Like 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

27 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

I don't mind a color swap alternate as it seems like a natural extension of the existing brand. I hate throwbacks though as they are completely off-brand. Speaking of a color swap alternate and the Packers, they have exactly that in Madden 19.  A yellow recolor of the green home jersey. With green numbers. Not sure where it came from or why it's there. Or how long it's been in the game or if it still is. Have they ever worn something like that?

Throwbacks that show where the uniform they wear currently came from are “completely off brand?” Are you nuts?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I think pants wouldn't be a big deal because they could add a green one for yellow jersey.

They could, but we all know they wouldn’t. They’d take the opportunity for head-to-toe yellow, replete with multiple tweets using multiple fire emojis. 

Besides, white pants would look better with a yellow jersey. I’d like that better than using white pants for a whiteout color rush, which doesn’t look right for them, at least not to these eyes. 

• Like 2

On 6/6/2021 at 5:11 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

They're basically the Dolphins' throwback stripe with a G in the middle;

spacer.png

Man, those throwbacks are gorgeous. If I were the Fins I’d go back to that full time, except with the aqua facemasks from the Marino years. 

• Like 9