NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

13 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Jags' Teal over white is far and away their best look

Teal over black for JAX or black over teal ? Yes😍

Teal over white? meh, its a little bit too Dolphin-ish IMO. Even from a marketing standpoint, i tell you: a casual fan (especially here in Europe)  who sees teal over white will think Miami. Yes I know they got black helmets instead of white ones and Miami's aqua and not teal but trust me on that, teal over black would be more unique and distinguishable .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BandaBassotti said:

Teal over white? meh, its a little bit too Dolphin-ish IMO. Even from a marketing standpoint, i tell you: a casual fan (especially here in Europe)  who sees teal over white will think Miami. Yes I know they got black helmets instead of white ones and Miami's aqua and not teal but trust me on that, teal over black would be more unique and distinguishable .

That’s strange that’s what people in Europe think considering the dolphins hardly wear that combo outside of throwbacks.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BandaBassotti said:

When making uniform decisions, the one overriding factor all NFL teams should take into account is what do Europeans think.

• Like 18
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, BandaBassotti said:

Casual fans in Europe will see the black helmet with the Jaguar and assume it's the Miami Dolphins, who have never worn black helmets? 

• Like 7

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 1/4/2021 at 6:33 PM, DNAsports said:

The best place to see how this would look is the Dallas Renegades of the XFL.

spacer.png

The Renegades blue is a few shades lighter than Carolina, but it gives a good context of what it would look like. If Carolina did go with a blue helmet, they’d almost have to axe the silver pants in favor of blue and black pants.

I was really hoping the Titans were going to go to helmets utilizing their medium blue when they did their overhaul a few years back. 

• Like 7

18 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Casual fans in Europe will see the black helmet with the Jaguar and assume it's the Miami Dolphins, who have never worn black helmets? 

23 hours ago, dont care said:

That’s strange that’s what people in Europe think considering the dolphins hardly wear that combo outside of throwbacks.

With me being a Dolphins fan, every time my friends (or mum) see Jax in teal/white they go "oh your teams playing" . Yes this is a small sample and yes i might have the dumbest friends in the world, but you know...

20 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

When making uniform decisions, the one overriding factor all NFL teams should take into account is what do Europeans think.

Im not saying every team needs to do that, obviously. But Jacksonville seems to have a bigger interest in Europe than most of the other franchises , and they also play basically every year in the Old Continent (remember when someone even said the might wanna consider the idea of relocating and becoming the "London Jaguars" ?). Dolphins are very big here due to their history (Shula, Marino) and city's background notoriety (everybody'll tell you Miami's in FLA, not a lotta people even know Jacksonville exists), so if the Jags want to appeal to the EU market they ought to distinguish themselves more, mainly by using colors no other franchise uses for merchandising and uni's IMO. Teal and black? yes. Teal and white? already taken .

Why isn't anyone selling Portland Trailblazers stuff here ? Cause there's already a team with richer history and the same color scheme (Chicago, obv) that's outselling them by a mile. But the Hornets are big in our market, and guess what, they got unique colors.It's not rocket science.

This is just my thought , but then, i aint no franchise GM nor marketing guru. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BandaBassotti said:

With me being a Dolphins fan, every time my friends (or mum) see Jax in teal/white they go "oh your teams playing" . Yes this is a small sample and yes i might have the dumbest friends in the world, but you know...

Im not saying every team needs to do that, obviously,. But Jacksonville seems to have a bigger interest in Europe than most of the other franchise , and they also play basically every year in the Old Continent (remember when someone even said the might wanna consider the idea of relocating and becoming the "London Jaguars" ?). Dolphins are very big here due to their history (Shula, Marino) and city's background notoriety (everybody'll tell you Miami's in FLA, not a lotta people even know Jacksonville exists), so if the Jags want to appeal to the EU market they ought to distinguish themselves more, mainly by using colors no other franchise uses for merchandising and uni's IMO. Teal and black? yes. Teal and white? already taken .

Why isn't anyone selling Portland Trailblazers stuff here ? Cause there's already a team with richer history and the same color scheme (Chicago, obv) that's outselling them by a mile. But the Hornets are big in our market, and guess what, they got unique colors.It's not rocket science.

This is just my thought , but then, i aint no franchise GM nor marketing guru. 

Well they do use colors that no other team uses. No other team uses teal, not even the dolphins who use aqua.

• Like 4

Honestly, I think the Jags could have a top ten uniform package and a top two or three Nike rebrand (not including the rebrands that more or less returned to pre-Nike sets) if they simply fixed a few minor details:

-remove the logo patch

-add teal to the white jerseys in the form of shoulder and collar accents or numbers

-add gold on shoulder accents and/or number outline

-replace the black accents on the white pants to teal

-add a word mark on the chest (maybe)

Some “rules” they should implement should be as follows:

-make teal/white primary home

-primary away white/teal

-if one helmet rule lifted, use the teal flake helmet and they could wear it with black/teal, teal/black, white/teal for primetime games under the lights

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The Panthers strike me as a team whose mother was the Raiders and she had an affair with one of the blue-heavy teams and everyone’s too afraid to ask who the father is

Detroit Lions. Lions blue and Panthers blue are close to each other in shade and/or saturation. You could swap each teams' shade of blue and there wouldn't be much of a visual difference IMO.

• Like 10

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Others have said it, but the Panthers -- like the 1997 Broncos -- were instant classics when they came out. Unlike those same Broncos, they've remained classics (with the minor tweaks from a couple years ago).

My opinion is they should wear all white or the black over silver and they're perfect. I've never liked their extra pants (or I guess we call them britches now).

The Panthers and Jaguars came in the league at the same time, went to Conference title games at the same time, and have been wildly divergent since. Carolina rode decent QBs into relatively sustained success and changed little else. Jacksonville has a new entire organizational philosophy (style of play, uniforms, what country they play their games) seemingly every other year. They need to pump the brakes a bit.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 1/8/2021 at 4:55 AM, dont care said:

Their main home uniform(the modern one) is teal/white

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 3:28 PM, BandaBassotti said:

Is this you by chance? Serious question LOL (pls don't take this bad at all I think this is awesome and am genuinely curious)

1KAe8ke.png

• Like 4

fiowXOD.png

On 1/8/2021 at 4:17 PM, Around the Horn said:

Some free advice for Jacksonville:

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

These three combinations are all you need (with teal numbers on the road and preferably gold outlines/trim)

Looks good, but I have to have some sort of striping or design on the pants. 

• Like 1