NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

16 hours ago, Chawls said:

For visual aid purposes:

spacer.png

This photo makes me realize what’s so wrong about the uniforms in correlation to the number sizing issue.

That unnecessarily thick collar.

It pinches the numbers between the collar itself and the shoulder stripes. Another example of pinching is the 25th season patch from last season-

spacer.png

There’s so much going on in the area.

• Small Numbers

• Captain’s Patch

• Anniversary Patch

• Shoulder Stripes

• Sleeve Logos

• Thick Collar

Of course, not all 53 players don the [C] patch and the Anniversary Patch is a once every 5 (or 10) years deal, but that still leaves 4 elements to compete for space. At some point, something’s gotta give.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

This photo makes me realize what’s so wrong about the uniforms in correlation to the number sizing issue.

It pinches the numbers between the collar itself and the shoulder stripes. Another example of pinching is the 25th season patch from last season-

spacer.png

• Small Numbers

• Captain’s Patch

• Anniversary Patch

• Shoulder Stripes

• Sleeve Logos

• Thick Collar

Of course, not all 53 players don the [C] patch and the Anniversary Patch is a once every 5 (or 10) years deal, but that still leaves 4 elements to compete for space. At some point, something’s gotta give.

Not to mention that the collar doesn't match the stripes, which don't match the numbers

• Like 3

fiowXOD.png

17 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Do this. Clear decal instead of black so the Panther blends with the helmet to create a panther in the shadows.

e4155df0e97974411a87575750f7f055.jpg

If they really want the Panther in the shadows effect they should paint the back half of that blue.

• Like 12

On 1/4/2021 at 6:48 PM, aaa333bbb said:

I can see a lot of teams being way more inclined to add/replace alternates or even full overhauls as a way to make up some of the lack of ticket revenue this year. Maybe even a league wide thing similar to NBA city or NHL reverse retro if the league sees if those sell well or not. As a Bills fan it wouldn't shock me at all to see them either getting a new alternate or even a whole new home/road set. The demand for Bills jerseys is super high right now in Buffalo and I guess Allen jerseys were pretty much sold out everywhere during Christmas and are still hard to find. The Sabres just did a whole new re-brand which appear to be selling well and they're terrible, wouldn't surprise me at all for the Pegulas to think they could make even more money if they did the same with the Bills. I know locally fans have been clamoring for the return to red helmets.  

If that were the case we won’t see them for another year. The nfl design process takes 2 years

• Like 1

Disclaimer: I’m not a source of any inside knowledge, just a big Jags fan.

rumors of Twitter over the season was the jags are going to switch to teal primary instead of black. I believe rules allow them to. There have been many complaints of “were only allowed to wear them 2 times”

unrelated, or maybe related, jags have already transitioned to 2021 and have new profile graphics to go along with it, black and white with a teal “loading” bar.

as a fan, we should absolutely be teal primary. It’s by far our best looks

• Like 8

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 1/5/2021 at 5:43 PM, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

• Small Numbers

• Captain’s Patch

• Anniversary Patch

• Shoulder Stripes

• Sleeve Logos

• Thick Collar

Instead of an overhaul, the Panthers could show a vast improvement just by ditching the useless shoulder numbers and making the neckline black. Those shoulder stripes are what make this uniform, and they're one of the last remaining examples of shoulder hoops that are actual hoops. They should embrace that and do whatever they can to not distract from it. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

rumors of Twitter over the season was the jags are going to switch to teal primary instead of black. I believe rules allow them to. There have been many complaints of “were only allowed to wear them 2 times”

unrelated, or maybe related, jags have already transitioned to 2021 and have new profile graphics to go along with it, black and white with a teal “loading” bar.

Hardcore agree. 

I also am of the opinion they should drop the teal pants.

I think this last uni set was done more by Coughlin than anything. It would be great if they would intro a throwback and eventually transition to a modified version of the original jersey.

I never realized that the eyes and teeth are silver, not white.

gjwZG5O.jpg

On 1/4/2021 at 8:25 PM, O.C.D said:

The logo gets a little muddy on a blue helmet. I'm sure there is a way to redo the outline to make it sit better.

They already have a pretty decent keyline version in their logo slick.

joIb9KO.png

I think it looks better with white eyes and teeth.

odOjeM7.png

• Like 10

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

1 hour ago, JagAaron33 said:

Hardcore agree. 

I think this last uni set was done more by Coughlin than anything. It would be great if they would intro a throwback and eventually transition to a modified version of the original jersey.

I’m of the opinion that they should drop the black jersey and black pants. I also think they should use only black socks.

Home- T/W/B

Away- W/T/B

H Alt- T/T/B

A Alt- W/W/B

Also, someone on Twitter runs a Jaguars Uniform Tracker and somehow, the team managed to use all 9 possible combinations this season

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Not to mention that the collar doesn't match the stripes, which don't match the numbers

That's been the case since inception:

1995-carolina-panthers-frank-reich-2jpg.

(For those scoring at home, that there be famed former Bills backup QB and current Colts coach Frank Reich...)

...Also, I had completely forgotten the Panthers started out wearing blue socks with the black tops back then. Not sure when they made the transition to black socks with the black tops, but in original guise, definitely helps the blue stand out more. It also highlights the fact that those helmet stripes probably should have been blue from jump. 

The Panthers are a weird case of being caught between two zones: keep silver and go blue-heavy and they look too much like the Lions (especially since their blues are close to similar). Lean too much the other way and they sorta are the Raiders...with blue.  All that said, I do agree that, helmet stripes notwithstanding, they got it right out the gate...and what's become of their uniforms now is a casualty of the Swooshkateered NFL aesthetic. Granted, jersey sizes were shrinking even before they took over, but someone was right when they mentioned that ridiculously wide collar wreaked havoc on their aesthetic. If they intend to keep this look, they should really look at retooling to fit within the confines of this new template or whatever new one Nike rolls out.  (Oh, and thicken up the outlines on both the shoulder and pants stripes more like what they were-i still don't see why they felt the need to thin those down.)

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

Sort of off to the side, but stuff like this is symptomatic of the instability inside the franchise--they've been all over the place since about 2009, and really even before that.  They first began tinkering in 2001 and haven't stopped since.

To the last statement of the quoted, along with the below...

54 minutes ago, JagAaron33 said:

Hardcore agree. 

...the teal pants may be about the only thing saving this current look. As long as they keep it, I say the black tops should remain primary--with teal pants, along with white tops over teal away.  Which also is why I disagree with discarding the teal pants...without them, there'd barely be a trace of (what's supposed to be) their signature color. I guess they can't figure out whether they want to embrace it or minimize it to scraps like how Tennessee did with its luv-ya blue. (That said, at least Jacksonville doesn't have 3000 other colors on their uniform to hide their signature one under. 😄

I still maintain that, in current guise, these are the Jaguars' best looks and should remain primary until the inevitable next rebrand:

1191069748.jpg.0.jpg

tennessee-titans-v-jacksonville-jaguars-

This keeps teal prominent in their look, especially for as long as they keep single-layer numbers. And this should be their alternate:

1284811555-850x560.jpeg

(So long as they actually wear teal socks and not black.)

To me, the black pants with teal tops helps to, well, "hide", I guess, the lack of contrast of thr numbers on the teal jersey, a problem that's compounded, I feel, when they go teal over white...

bvjsbidkjba7qjrtsxgm.jpg

...and even worse when they choose the white socks with those white pants:

usa_today_13592132.0.jpg

Both of which, to me, look like Walmart knockoffs of the original "legacy" look, I guess once could call it.

• Like 11

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

Instead of an overhaul, the Panthers could show a vast improvement just by ditching the useless should numbers and making the neckline black. Those shoulder stripes are what make this uniform, and they're one of the last remaining examples of shoulder hoops that are actual hoops. They should embrace that and do whatever they can to not distract from it. 

I agree to a point. I'd get rid of the sleeve logo, and move the numbers there. I've never liked it when the helmet logo gets repeated over and over. In Carolina's case it's on the helmet, sleeve, and hip. OK, we get it already, that's your logo. Dial it back.

• Like 12

Just now, oldschoolvikings said:

I agree to a point. I'd get rid of the sleeve logo, and move the numbers there. I've never liked it when the helmet logo gets repeated over and over. In Carolina's case it's on the helmet, sleeve, and hip. OK, we get it already, that's your logo. Dial it back.

It's not on the pants anymore, and hasn't been since 2018.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

Just now, QCS said:

It's not on the pants anymore, and hasn't been since 2018.

OK, that's an improvement, anyway.  I guess I haven't noticed because every time I see them play, I'm just marveling at how they've managed to find another ugly combination of what should be a pretty nice look.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's a fair point on the helmet logo's repetitiveness. In that case, why have anything on the sleeves? There's not a lot of real estate there as it is. I'd be fine with just leaving it blank and letting the hoops be the star. 

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

That's a fair point on the helmet logo's repetitiveness. In that case, why have anything on the sleeves? There's not a lot of real estate there as it is. I'd be fine with just leaving it blank and letting the hoops be the star. 

NFL teams need more alternate logos. It leads to a lot of stylistic possibilities in MLB and the NHL

• Like 4

6 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

the logo is on the sleeves so it’ll be on the retail jerseys. 

• Like 5