General Motors Unveils New Logo

DCarp1231

3 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

GM be like "man you know what I miss? Web 2.0."

Well, given what I've learned of GM, they may just be stuck in the Web 2.0 mindset. GM seems to be consistently behind the times in nearly all areas, going back to the '70s. Look at their post-1973 Arab Oil Embargo attempt to create a "small, affordable car."

2 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

"The final major change is a line that sits beneath the "m" to create an electric plug out of the white space in the letter m"

That's a stretch.

Very much not a fan of this.  Should have at least kept it white lettering on blue.

IUe6Hvh.png

It's not like the old logo was good, but it was simple enough, pretty boring, and you really didn't think about it because it didn't actually appear on cars. (At least I don't remember it being on cars.)

This is awful. Without the gradient, it's passable.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I think it makes sense given where the company is heading.  It's not like it appears on actual cars.  I prefer the "tougher" current logo, but this does make sense.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

It's not like the old logo was good, but it was simple enough, pretty boring, and you really didn't think about it because it didn't actually appear on cars. (At least I don't remember it being on cars.)

This is awful. Without the gradient, it's passable.

True, it wasn't a badge in the traditional sense but for some reason I remember the logo from childhood appearing on the seatbelt button of every GM car we ever owned.  

zzPEfBm.png

Archived