College Football 2021

MJWalker45

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/25/2021 at 10:30 PM, WJMorris3 said:

I feel absolutely sick that Notre Dame is probably going to be ranked ahead of Clemson after this week. Is Notre Dame a good football team? Maybe. But they're probably ranked a bit too high.

Notre Dame is not a good team this year, but you're upset about them being ahead of Clemson? Have you watched Clemson this year?

spacer.png

On 9/25/2021 at 8:59 PM, See Red said:

Clemson's offense is awful so I'm not sure it's a game Clemson shouldn't have lost.  The only two games on Clemson's schedule that I would be shocked if they lose are vs. Florida State and vs. UConn.  Not saying they will lose the rest, but their lack of offense makes them vulnerable.

The polls have been so wonky this season.  No way Oklahoma and A&M should have been 4 and 7 respectively coming into this week.

Yeah, maybe Clemson is just a regular team now. That's kind of weird.

Were rankings always crap? I'm starting to wonder if they actually were and we just didn't notice because we couldn't find scores and highlights as easily as we can now. It probably doesn't help that the last season was beyond wonky all around.

When I look at polls and complain about who is and isn't ranked, I'm not sure I'd come up with anything better, especially when you're forcing yourself to make these stupid preseason polls. I didn't really believe A&M was a top 10 team last week, but I have no idea who I would have replaced them with.  Certainly not Arkansas and Notre Dame, both of whom I don't necessarily believe are top 10 teams either.

On 9/25/2021 at 8:59 PM, See Red said:

Clemson's offense is awful so I'm not sure it's a game Clemson shouldn't have lost.  The only two games on Clemson's schedule that I would be shocked if they lose are vs. Florida State and vs. UConn.  Not saying they will lose the rest, but their lack of offense makes them vulnerable.

The polls have been so wonky this season.  No way Oklahoma and A&M should have been 4 and 7 respectively coming into this week.

A&M was given a bump from last year, and I think Indiana proves that last year was not something to base this year's actions on. I'm surprised by how bad Clemson has looked this year. Georgia Tech has improved a bit more than most people thought as well. 

13 hours ago, Discrim said:

I could say the same thing about Wisconsin's OL...this was the worst outing they've had in years.

I gave Wisconsin the benefit of the doubt after the Penn State game, but they were just getting manhandles on Saturday. 

On 9/25/2021 at 9:05 PM, heavybass said:

A (very) frustrated player just walked out of Ohio State

I understand getting pissed off because you wanted a chance to play  but that was insane. Granted, if I'm the DC I'm chewing out the other kid for not coming out, but after that insanity it doesn't matter. But if you're a JR or SR and getting passed over, you probably needed to leave last summer. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32300939/tcu-gary-patterson-rips-smu-alleges-flag-planting-incident-was-planned

Why is Jerry Kill still in football? IS he actually trying to die on the field? I'm all for defending your turf, but at the same time it's just a damn flag. I didn't like it when Baker did it at Ohio State, but the easiest way to prevent that was win the game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

FAuF4PlWQAMwGZj?format=jpg&name=small

Absolutely beautiful win for Cincinnati. They may not be a power 5 school yet but they definitely play like one.

Notre Dame's been embarrassing themselves the whole season, so I wasn't expecting much from them against a team like Cincy.

Good for Cincinnati though. I've been rooting for them to get their big break for a while. I'm so tired of Ohio State acting like they rule the state, and actively suppressing other schools. It's nice to have a challenger. Go kick some ass, Cincy.

spacer.png

Archived