College Football 2021

MJWalker45

4 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

I keep hearing Jamey Chadwell's name thrown around, but if he leaves Coastal that'll be my cue to self-immolate. at least McCall's only a sophomore?

also worth pointing out: Purdue being ranked breaks a drought dating back to September 2007, which was the longest active drought by any P5 school. the new longest belongs to - who else? - Kansas.

Not for nothing, but you mentioning that brings up memories of the single most random season ever in CFB history. And the single most random team of that season, and of all-time?

Yup, you guessed it...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/17/2021 at 5:23 PM, JerseyJimmy said:

I keep hearing Jamey Chadwell's name thrown around, but if he leaves Coastal that'll be my cue to self-immolate. at least McCall's only a sophomore?

Welcome to the G5! You should want teams to try and steal your coach because it means things are going well. Otherwise, you're watching a crap team nobody cares about.

It's absolutely incredible that there are people out there calling for Fisch's head. Yes, we're probably going to go winless this year but the nearsightedness of those people is amazing. RichRod couldn't keep his johnson in his pants and messed up the program even after he got :censored:canned for harassment, and Sumlin took an already-bad situation and made it worse. How the :censored: do these people expect Fisch to succeed right away? Pretty much all of the Sumlin players worth a damn transferred out and McCloud was the sole bright spot left over before he went out for the season.

The absolute worst part are the :censored:ing meatheads who want us to fire Fisch after the season is over and hire Ed :censored:ing Orgeron. Yes, after our program got wrecked by a head coach who was accused of sexual harassment, let's hire a coach who probably covered up sexual assault! Yeah, that's the ticket!

Anyway, God, if you can hear me, please shoot me now.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

13 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

It's absolutely incredible that there are people out there calling for Fisch's head. Yes, we're probably going to go winless this year but the nearsightedness of those people is amazing.

Without context, I had to look up who this Fisch was, and after I found out that he was the head coach at AZ,  I was surprised to find that this guy is coaching a Power 5 conference program, but HE NEVER PLAYED THE GAME

Not in the pros, not in college, not even in high high school. 

So to me it's incredible he's even coaching there at all. 

It is what it is.

5 hours ago, B-Rich said:

Without context, I had to look up who this Fisch was, and after I found out that he was the head coach at AZ,  I was surprised to find that this guy is coaching a Power 5 conference program, but HE NEVER PLAYED THE GAME

Not in the pros, not in college, not even in high high school. 

So to me it's incredible he's even coaching there at all. 

He doesn’t even have a mediocre coaching career. That’s the main reason why he isn’t getting the benefit of the doubt for another year. He’s really just an acting coach to fill in for the year until they find who they really want for next year.

On 10/17/2021 at 1:07 AM, Cujo said:

Tennessee. 🚮

tennessee-trash-can-775x465.png

Fined $250,000 and told to find and kick out the people that threw stuff, but they can come back next year. If anything earned the "play X amount of games with no fans" this was it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Fined $250,000 and told to find and kick out the people that threw stuff, but they can come back next year. If anything earned the "play X amount of games with no fans" this was it. 

There were hundreds of ppl throwing trash into the field. They should be forced to play their next game in an empty stadium. But of course they won't because money rules amateur football

6uXNWAo.png

13 minutes ago, Cujo said:

There were hundreds of ppl throwing trash into the field. They should be forced to play their next game in an empty stadium. But of course they won't because money rules amateur football

They already have to be Tennessee Volunteers fans, which is punishment enough. 

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, See Red said:

Coastal Carolina finally plays a team with a winning record and loses. 

yeah, I don't recall anyone asking you for your opinion on Sun Belt goings-on. shouldn't you be coming to grips with losing to a team that had essentially already fired its coach instead of trying to start another Stanley Cup semifinal?

53Ocz8U.png

8 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

yeah, I don't recall anyone asking you for your opinion on Sun Belt goings-on. shouldn't you be coming to grips with losing to a team that had essentially already fired its coach instead of trying to start another Stanley Cup semifinal?

Can't a man just be happy he doesn't have to deal with people who have deluded themselves into thinking Coastal Carolina wouldn't lose to Georgia by 50 points poisoning the CFP discourse this season?

IUe6Hvh.png

52 minutes ago, See Red said:

Can't a man just be happy he doesn't have to deal with people who have deluded themselves into thinking Coastal Carolina wouldn't lose to Georgia by 50 points poisoning the CFP discourse this season?

no, because I haven't heard a single person - not even Coastal fans - bring up a playoff berth as a possibilty.  all of the vitriol for them I've heard has come across as bitter whinging from the kinds of people who love the NFL's taunting penalties.

it feels like people are laughing at me specifically. I know they're not, but that's the impression I get and I just want it to stop.

53Ocz8U.png

9 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

From a few days ago:

On 10/17/2021 at 1:12 AM, See Red said:

Thinking Florida needs to move on from Mullen.  No way this program takes the next step with how stubborn the man is. They could have won a national championship last season with a competent defense as opposed to one of the worst in the country, yet they brought back Grantham. They regularly play down to bad teams. 

Now, there's zero chance they do move on from him... but they should. 

I don't think he's ignoring it. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, JerseyJimmy said:

no, because I haven't heard a single person - not even Coastal fans - bring up a playoff berth as a possibilty.  all of the vitriol for them I've heard has come across as bitter whinging from the kinds of people who love the NFL's taunting penalties.

it feels like people are laughing at me specifically. I know they're not, but that's the impression I get and I just want it to stop.

I have nothing against you.  I don't have anything against your teams.  But last year there were people that legitimately believed CC belonged in the playoff discussion -- their President wrote a letter to the committee, iirc.  Had they gone undefeated this year, there would certainly be people talking about how unfair it is that they're left out this year too.  It's how you end up with UCF playing the 103rd most difficult schedule and claiming a national championship. 

IUe6Hvh.png

I brought up the playoff for Coastal last season, but mostly just because I enjoy being obnoxious.

I'm really annoyed that Coastal lost last night because I was hoping we would have two ranked teams in the Sun Belt title game, but that doesn't seem very likely now. Therefore, I say burn it all down and have Arkansas State beat Louisiana tonight! That one's not gonna happen. The Red Wolves are just miserable right now.

Archived