College Football 2021

MJWalker45

The only thing about the "top six" that I think is materially better is that it removes the chance for like, 8-5 Northwestern (or maybe more likely, 8-5 Utah), to sneak into the playoff. This could be really addressed if more conferences did away with divisions — an 8-5 or 9-4 conference champion without divisions is simply a team that emerged from a parity-filled conference and has some solid wins, not a team that fluked their way through a bad group and then pulled one upset — but that's something that should happen anyway. Divisions are dumb!

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd prefer top six champs and six at-large bids. Like Crash said, I'd hate for a four-loss conference champ to get a bid but then we have an undefeated Sun Belt champ and an undefeated Mountain West champ getting slighted at #12 and #13 so only one team makes it in because #24 took a spot.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

In a  10 point game, there are 41 seconds on the game lock and 40 seconds on the play clock. Baylor chooses to take the play clock all the way down to zero. The fans don't realize it's a 1 second difference and they storm the field.

Why not just snap the ball and kneel with three seconds left? What is there to gain in a two-score game but taking that one extra second off the clock?

This :censored: is dumb as hell.

1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

Auburn just went full Falcons against MS State.

Mississippi State with a 25-point comeback against Auburn, and a 20-point comeback against Louisiana Tech. Logically, Auburn must be worse than Louisiana Tech. #RankLaTech

40 minutes ago, heavybass said:

In obvious news... Purdue took a bribe and rolled over for Ohio State...

Alternatively, Iowa and Michigan State were never actually that good. As evidenced by losing handily to Purdue. 

I don't really know what to say about Coastal other than the fact that they look like complete sh-t. it's hard to care when you know the defense is going to squander whatever magic the offense comes up with every single week. god, Chad Staggs blows.

53Ocz8U.png

On 11/13/2021 at 11:06 PM, Red Wolf said:

I can't believe the SEC invited this FCS team just because Austin is a growing market. Who do they think they are, Conference USA?

As bad as UT is this year, will it help Tom Herman get a job? FIU is open now, because the school advertised for the job before the season was even over! 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32637452/butch-davis-florida-international-college-football-coach-accusing-school-sabotaging-program

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Not really, the job posting was for Head Coach and was a way to get resumes for all sports of people who might be interested. Lazy journalism led to people thinking it was the football job only.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Blake James, Miami's AD, finally got fired yesterday. Manny Diaz is most certainly next after the season concludes at Duke next Saturday. It seems that the administration being called out on national TV and growing frustration amongst fans and former players made them finally wake TF up. 

Whoever comes in to be AD and football coach, I'm willing to give them time. This is a fresh start for the whole athletic program, and it seems like the school is prepared to actually spend money to be successful. Fingers crossed, but I'm way more optimistic now that a terrible AD has finally been let go. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

4 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Blake James, Miami's AD, finally got fired yesterday. Manny Diaz is most certainly next after the season concludes at Duke next Saturday. It seems that the administration being called out on national TV and growing frustration amongst fans and former players made them finally wake TF up. 

Whoever comes in to be AD and football coach, I'm willing to give them time. This is a fresh start for the whole athletic program, and it seems like the school is prepared to actually spend money to be successful. Fingers crossed, but I'm way more optimistic now that a terrible AD has finally been let go. 

When is Mullen going to get fired then. He should have been canned 2 weeks ago already.

Archived