College Football 2021

MJWalker45

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Illinois and Penn State just made a mockery of the new overtime rule. Two plays, run to the other end of the field; two plays, run to the other end of the field... Repeat ad nauseum.

This is so stupid. The previous overtime was so much better. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

A record 9 overtimes as Illinois beats Penn State 20-18!

It's less impressive than the old OT records.

1 minute ago, ManillaToad said:

College OT rules were bad before but this is just pathetic

The most pathetic part is that it took 8 OT's before anybody got in the endzone under this format.

They should just change college overtime to the bowling game from the old NCAA Football games.

America’s Team losing in that OT will probably prompt a change.  

After watching Army spend the night running the ball last week, I can’t fathom how they were involved in a 70-56 game.  Anyone who bet the over must have had a very relaxing experience following that game.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

13 hours ago, GDAWG said:
Sigh....it hasn't been a great season for my Alma Mater, The University of North Texas.  The only good news is that the school is joining the AAC.  

I'm sorry, but when I think of North Texas I can only think of them as the inaugural Sun Belt champion that got stomped in every non-conference game they played

53Ocz8U.png

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32494945/bowl-season-group-argues-using-campus-sites-expanded-college-football-playoff

Bowl people are trying the "It's more fair for number 12 Whomever to play number 5 Michigan in Tempe instead of Ann Arbor". Because giving a team the advantage in the playoffs is a bad idea unless it's Alabama and Clemson picking which bowl they'll play the semi-finals at. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/27/2021 at 12:30 AM, GDAWG said:
Sigh....it hasn't been a great season for my Alma Mater, The University of North Texas.  The only good news is that the school is joining the AAC.  

That's most seasons though. I know they won nine games in 17 and 18, but it's mostly been slim pickings. Seems like they should be better than though. I don't know if Littrell had serious considerations for other head jobs, but if he did he should have gotten out and got paid. Maintaining success, especially at the G5 level is very difficult.

On 10/27/2021 at 1:40 PM, JerseyJimmy said:

I'm sorry, but when I think of North Texas I can only think of them as the inaugural Sun Belt champion that got stomped in every non-conference game they played

That early era of the Sun Belt and North Texas football are really weird. UNT won the conference title the first four titles, and twice went winless out of conference. Really, we can just blame some of this on Middle Tennessee. During that first season MTSU was having a really good season and even had a shot at getting into the top 25 until they lost to North Texas. Both finished with one loss in conference, UNT with the tiebreaker and a losing record, while Middle sat at home with 8 wins.

Also, this is what I think of when it comes to North Texas now.

Archived