2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Btw, that is not the final jersey, that was a placeholder when the branding launched.

Source?

• Like 4

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I remember the team said that when the branding was launched. Is that jersey for sale? And we have no white jersey yet.  

We do indeed have a white jersey that was shown during the unveiling last July:

seattle-kraken-road-jersey.jpg

And if you scroll down at seattlekrakenhockey.com, there's a section featuring the navy sweater prominently and the header is "YOUR FUTURE SWEATER". Plus there were/are multiple videos on the website with renders and interviews with designers from adidas talking specifically about the process of designing the sweaters, which is far more effort than they would put in for a placeholder.

O71kdOE.png

Yes, they're not on sale yet, but IIRC they were pretty clear that they needed more time to produce jerseys on the scale they anticipate they're going to need. The FAQs on releasethekrakenstore.com read:

When can I buy the official Seattle jersey?

The official team jersey is not available for sale at this time. Information will be available at NHL.com/Seattle. You can also sign up for e-mail newsletters to be notified when jerseys are available for purchase.

• Like 6

spacer.png

This might have been a decent option for the Winter Classic. One thing I'll never understand about the previous Stars brand is why they always kept the A at the top of the star even when it wasn't part of the wordmark. How hard was it to extend the outline to connect it to the rest of the star?

11 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Tick one of the following boxes

□ Yes

□ Also yes

□ All of the above

Nope, they finally made the right move. The only thing they need to do now is add a blue line on the road jersey, and make the numbers blue

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Nope, they finally made the right move. The only thing they need to do now is add a blue line on the road jersey, and make the numbers blue

Exactly.  They need to add more blue, not take it away.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

This might have been a decent option for the Winter Classic. One thing I'll never understand about the previous Stars brand is why they always kept the A at the top of the star even when it wasn't part of the wordmark. How hard was it to extend the outline to connect it to the rest of the star?

Probably for trademark protection.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Probably for trademark protection.

What? No. They probably just used the same star for consistencies sake.

---

I will still die on the hill that the Kraken jersey looks like a Ducks jersey. The striping is pretty much the same.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

18 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I will still die on the hill that the Kraken jersey looks like a Ducks jersey. The striping is pretty much the same.

Honestly I get late 90s/Early 00s Canucks vibes.

Not an exact match obviously but the overall look of the jersey with the navy and lighter blues/silver, thing red lines I think make them look quite similar.

Seattle Kraken home jersey. in 2021 | Hockey jersey, Hockey, Nhl

authentic vancouver canucks jersey buy clothes shoes online

Just today I've started seeing Reverse Retro commercials on NHL.tv streams saying "Celebrate The End Of An Era" with a contest to win a signed RR jersey. It feels like a somewhat cryptic phrase, but could they really be getting rid of the Reverse Retro program after just the one season? I'd have a hard time believing that (or I just don't want to believe it), because they pumped so much marketing into it, and it seems to me that it's been really well-received (aside from the handful of bad designs). It just wouldn't make sense to me to scrap it after just the one season, especially to have "wasted" it during a shortened season with no/limited fans in the stands. But I've got no idea what "Era" is "Ending" otherwise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WLD42 said:

Just today I've started seeing Reverse Retro commercials on NHL.tv streams saying "Celebrate The End Of An Era" with a contest to win a signed RR jersey. It feels like a somewhat cryptic phrase, but could they really be getting rid of the Reverse Retro program after just the one season? I'd have a hard time believing that (or I just don't want to believe it), because they pumped so much marketing into it, and it seems to me that it's been really well-received (aside from the handful of bad designs). It just wouldn't make sense to me to scrap it after just the one season, especially to have "wasted" it during a shortened season with no/limited fans in the stands. But I've got no idea what "Era" is "Ending" otherwise.

I really hope this isn’t the case because I would love to buy a Caps RR jersey and would prefer to not pay for it in arms and legs. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

I really hope this isn’t the case because I would love to buy a Caps RR jersey and would prefer to not pay for it in arms and legs. 

I checked out the website in the fine print on the commercial (which was simply adidas.com/nhl), and there it says "End of an Era: To celebrate the season, you can win an NHL Adizero Reverse Retro Jersey by voting for your favorite."

So that sounds more like a false alarm (and shame on me for posting here first and doing more digging after). But man, why they gotta say "era" instead of "season" and give me a heart attack like that? Like seriously, what a word choice.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, WLD42 said:

"End of an Era" might be the dumbest marketing line I've seen to "celebrate the season" Not sure who thought that was a good idea. Also limiting voting to app-only is kinda lame.  

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

29 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

"End of an Era" might be the dumbest marketing line I've seen to "celebrate the season" Not sure who thought that was a good idea. Also limiting voting to app-only is kinda lame.  

Not only that, but when I decided "Eh, why not, since it's not like I could afford one" and installed the app, I can't even find anything about the voting once I open the app, just on the webpage telling me to go vote in the app.

I kind of get the logic of making people vote in the app, since I definitely wouldn't have even given any thought to Adidas having an app if it weren't for this (not that I'll use it), but I get the impression that they made AND LAUNCHED the webpage first, and haven't even created the voting mechanism in the app yet. Either that or it's the most buried thing I've ever seen outside of a cancellation link.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WLD42 said:

Not only that, but when I decided "Eh, why not, since it's not like I could afford one" and installed the app, I can't even find anything about the voting once I open the app, just on the webpage telling me to go vote in the app.

I kind of get the logic of making people vote in the app, since I definitely wouldn't have even given any thought to Adidas having an app if it weren't for this (not that I'll use it), but I get the impression that they made AND LAUNCHED the webpage first, and haven't even created the voting mechanism in the app yet. Either that or it's the most buried thing I've ever seen outside of a cancellation link.

Go to the App.  The bottom right corner icon is "on the radar" >  Click it.  > Exclusive Giveaways > Reverse Retro > click, scroll to "continue" > Vote

• Like 3