2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Yeah I agree - there were a lot of ugly jerseys released between 2003-2015. This Flames jersey falls in the middle of that ugly group. 

I will never understand how the Caps still have that damn piping. Especially with the jerseys that they have from their history to choose from. They continue to wear literally the worst jersey of their history. They Flames did that too until they just perfected their look. The Flames are definitely top 10 in the league now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

I can’t tell if this means they’ll have new uniforms/logos/colors for the upcoming season. Maybe the black and white kachina set for the next few years while they came up with a more modern version of it. Also, where does it say that the reverse retros won’t be used at all league wide next year?

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

I'd be surprised if they don't just bring back a white Kachina to go with the black, but the marketing blurb scares me a bit. It sounds like the thinking the Rams were using when they ignored the calls from fans to just bring back the throwback look and tried way too hard to make it "modern".

MullenLowe LA is an advertising and marketing group, so it's a guarantee that this "new look" stuff is in reference to that side of things; the advertising and marketing of the Coyotes franchise, not the franchise itself.

I would expect the team's design (logos, colors, jerseys, etc.) to be handled like any other NHL redesign is; between the team and Adidas directly. And given the draft hat is a flat throwback, my expectation is they're going full throwback.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PlayGloria said:

I will never understand how the Caps still have that damn piping. Especially with the jerseys that they have from their history to choose from. They continue to wear literally the worst jersey of their history.

And their Reverse Retro only helped to solidify that point. They would be in the top 10 also of they used it and made a matching white with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PlayGloria said:

I will never understand how the Caps still have that damn piping. Especially with the jerseys that they have from their history to choose from. They continue to wear literally the worst jersey of their history. They Flames did that too until they just perfected their look. The Flames are definitely top 10 in the league now

I'd bet it'll be changed within the next 5 years, either after Ovi retires or when he's got a year or two left

2 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

I thought the current set was great in 2007...it was new, it went back to red/white/blue, and the weagle logo is pretty cool, especially on the away jersey (IMO).  But it hasn't been a timeless look, and I wish they'd rethink the striping. I'm a huge fan of the RR and I have a new appreciation for that look especially in red and navy. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

29 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I thought the current set was great in 2007...it was new, it went back to red/white/blue, and the weagle logo is pretty cool, especially on the away jersey (IMO).  But it hasn't been a timeless look, and I wish they'd rethink the striping. I'm a huge fan of the RR and I have a new appreciation for that look especially in red and navy. 

I would love for them to go RR full time with a white road version.  

• Like 3

On 7/30/2021 at 10:02 PM, M4One said:

The Howler doesn't really fit with any of the Kachina jerseys.  In a few years (if they are still around), the original Howler set can be brought back as a vintage set, which then becomes so popular, it becomes the regular set again.

I'm having a hard time thinking this would happen (even though I'm guessing you're just joking). While I suppose technically the Coyotes had their greatest season in that uniform set, the fact is that they wore those uniforms full-time from 2003-'04 until 2019-'20 - 16 seasons - and only made the playoffs four times in that timeframe (and they wore Kachina for their "home" games in the bubble in 2020). They never got past the first round in the Kachina set, but at least they were usually a playoff team during that time. Not to mention that Kachina has that instantly-recognizable '90s theme to them, while the Howler set is just (especially post-2007), well, plain and boring, which isn't something that is confined to any time period.

I have no reason to think Howler is ever coming back.

• Like 2

spacer.png

The most I could see is a Kachina-fied Howler (ala the unused concepts for the 2003 rebrand) sticking around the brand for continuity as an alternate logo, but I can't see any of the designs sticking around.

None of those designs had the same staying power the Kachina has, and if anything I think any new alternate might play more with that aesthetic rather than depart from it...though honestly, a Reverse Retro using the Howler on an old Runners jersey could be pretty nice.

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

Please tell me what will make the Coyotes' logos "inclusive."

Not condoning the “Make the Arena a Parking Lot” faction of NHL fans. Inclusive of the shrinking minority of Coyotes fans. Inclusive of the furries who might be into a fursuit-friendly franchise.

spacer.png

• Hurl 1

12 hours ago, the admiral said:

Please tell me what will make the Coyotes' logos "inclusive."

I was literally asking myself this same question, but decided to just leave the topic alone.

I honestly cannot envision a way that a team named the Coyotes could make their branding exclusive.  🤣

I straight up missed this the first time around, so I had to look it up...

86f5ac1c3530c483dc90e3d61f8ba7de998d81e4

...I see no reason the Coyotes can't make that their primary colorway. Maybe brighten up the Canyon Blue just a smidge bit, if they absolutely must, swap out the black for a really dark burgundy for contrast, but other than that...that's both distinctive and "Arizona" at the same time. 

Off to the other side: Gotta show this because of how comical it is...I wanna know who commissioned THIS as an "official" replica...what up tho, Fanatics?

ff_4028343-3130a736d07aab65958falt1_full

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Off to the other side: Gotta show this because of how comical it is...I wanna know who commissioned THIS as an "official" replica...what up tho, Fanatics?

ff_4028343-3130a736d07aab65958falt1_full

Other than the shoulder patch placement (though most shoulder patches are higher towards the neck line in the adidas era)...it looks pretty good. 

Rumour Roundup: What kind of interest will there be in Oliver Ekman-Larsson?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Other than the shoulder patch placement (though most shoulder patches are higher towards the neck line in the adidas era)...it looks pretty good. 

Rumour Roundup: What kind of interest will there be in Oliver Ekman-Larsson?

Oh man--that actually made it to the ice??

It looked comical to me because the NOB/numbers on the original black sweaters were outlined in burgundy rather than white:

b67df71c-f9e9-4fd5-94ce-e36b84f42502_307

FAKE EDIT: and apparently even the modern-day versions had it right at one point...what happened??

coyotesonice-800x500-1.jpg

1191763486.jpeg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Oh man--that actually made it to the ice??

It looked comical to me because the NOB/numbers on the original black sweaters were outlined in burgundy rather than white:

b67df71c-f9e9-4fd5-94ce-e36b84f42502_307

FAKE EDIT: and apparently even the modern-day versions had it right at one point...what happened??

coyotesonice-800x500-1.jpg

1191763486.jpeg

They were trimmed with silver to mark their 25th season (Silver anniversary). It was only a one season thing 

• Like 10