2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

22 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Jets officially retiring the Aviator Blue alternate in favor of the dark Heritage jersey as their new third jersey.

That was the right call. Personnally, i never like the Aviator blue jersey, and this one is much better in every way

14 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Jets officially retiring the Aviator Blue alternate in favor of the dark Heritage jersey as their new third jersey.

I always liked the Aviator Blue, but I do think the Heritage jersey fits better with the Jets identity. 

• Like 4

T1oYViW.png

I really liked the aviator blue jersey. The striping & font was a nice nod to the '90s era jerseys, but it still felt like it fit with the Jets 2.0 identity.

Based on the online reaction the fans seem to be overwhelmingly in support of this decision, so I can't fault them for making the change. I'm also seeing a lot of calls for them to go with the heritage look full time. That feels like a mistake considering they're basically playing Rangers dress-up, and we also have Columbus wearing navy jerseys with red pants.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Jersey unveiling videos with screenshots of fan tweets asking for the thing they are announcing is so bloody overdone at this point - so far I've seen it from Buffalo, Ottawa, Calgary (if I remember correctly) and now Winnipeg. And I bet Arizona is working on the exact same thing for when they go full-time kachina.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 6:59 PM, SFGiants58 said:

Yeah, I always thought the green on the jerseys looked a lot brighter than the digital graphics' shade. Thanks Adidas and the limits of jersey textiles!

I mean, there are several greens available. That’s the one they like. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

11 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

if only because it preserved the one good element of the Thrashers

A city-transplanted version of the asymmetrical jersey would've been amazing.

• Like 3

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)