2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

41 minutes ago, ebod39 said:

It happens when the same person owns both teams and the arena.

I also don't see how chevy is "clearly" an inspiration for the logo. Why would a car logo be a source of inspiration?

Does it look similar, yes. but that's it.  They took the existing shield shape, added a rectangle around the word mark, done.

It's really nothing more than that.

It was sarcasm…

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 12:48 AM, CS85 said:

down-goes-brown-five-weird-facts-about-t

This or nothing.  Stop being stupid, San Jose.  Your Fox Kids Saturday Morning Cartoon shark and forced dabblings of orange have ruined what used to be one of the best looks in hockey.  Right your wrongs, you stupid bastard franchise.

Keep the jersey. Remove this outdated logo. San Jose's updated logo is so much better than their inaugural season. Just remove the orange and that'll be it.

On 10/12/2021 at 3:16 AM, M4One said:

spacer.png

I don't like this update here. The sleeves and hem stripe are ruining the look for me. The chrome helmet and white gloves are just the tip of the iceberg. Overall, just throwback to the Gretzky days like everybody else does in the league. Here, it's what the Islanders wore except there's an extra stripe for the sleeves.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DEAD! said:

All that is missing from the photos of Kings alternate is the silver stick.

It’s too bad he’s not using the hyperlite…

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

18 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Keep the jersey. Remove this outdated logo. San Jose's updated logo is so much better than their inaugural season. Just remove the orange and that'll be it.

I don't like this update here. The sleeves and hem stripe are ruining the look for me. The chrome helmet and white gloves are just the tip of the iceberg. Overall, just throwback to the Gretzky days like everybody else does in the league. Here, it's what the Islanders wore except there's an extra stripe for the sleeves.

It's the current logo that is already outdated. Looks like a Saturday morning Nickelodeon shark from the mid 00s with wonky proportions. The original logo was nearly perfect. All they have to do is fix the hockey stick and remove an outline on the triangle. That's it

• Like 2

On 10/12/2021 at 1:09 PM, CreamSoda said:

Would possibly explain the Devils adding a grayscale logo to their pants....

For what it's worth, the Utica Devils jersey in NHL 22 have the grayscale NJ Devils logo as shoulder patchs

fbmw7u10.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 11:06 PM, Delicate Genius said:

Based on games this week, here's what I have for helmet ads.

Ads (18)

Boston, Buffalo, Carolina, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, Montreal, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Vegas, Washington, Winnipeg

Team logos (12)

Anaheim, Arizona, Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton, Florida, Ottawa, Philadelphia, San Jose, St. Louis, Toronto, Vancouver

Nothing (2)

Minnesota, Nashville

Update, Ducks now have UCI Health on their helmets.

IbjBaeE.png

On 10/6/2021 at 11:06 PM, Delicate Genius said:

Based on games this week, here's what I have for helmet ads.

Ads (18)

Boston, Buffalo, Carolina, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, Montreal, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Vegas, Washington, Winnipeg

Team logos (12)

Anaheim, Arizona, Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton, Florida, Ottawa, Philadelphia, San Jose, St. Louis, Toronto, Vancouver

Nothing (2)

Minnesota, Nashville

Calgary has Telus as road helmet sponsor.

Nothing known yet if they keep Scotiabank for home games.

Kind of an interesting piece of merch, or at least I think so, the Ducks released some new merchandise for the season which includes a sweater featuring the Mighty Ducks logo with an eggplant triangle, which I don't think I've ever seen before. (spoilered for size)

Spoiler

232709_1024x1024.png?v=1633476106

Maybe it's just the fact that that was never an actual version of the logo and green and grey triangles are what we know as the Mighty Ducks logos, but I think it looks weird.

• Like 4

IbjBaeE.png

27 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Kind of an interesting piece of merch, or at least I think so, the Ducks released some new merchandise for the season which includes a sweater featuring the Mighty Ducks logo with an eggplant triangle, which I don't think I've ever seen before. (spoilered for size)

Hide contents

232709_1024x1024.png?v=1633476106

Maybe it's just the fact that that was never an actual version of the logo and green and grey triangles are what we know as the Mighty Ducks logos, but I think it looks weird.

I don't think it's new, actually; here's a Zephyr hat with it;

spacer.png

And here's a Mitchell and Ness hat with it;

spacer.png

• Like 1