2021-22 NBA Changes

On 3/18/2022 at 12:35 PM, GermanSixer said:

I know it's only a sweater, but perhaps something like this in cream for the earney jersey incoming?

spacer.png

That would be great.  FWIW, I think those sweatshirts (or sweaters?) are well over $100, and as far as I can tell, other than t-shirts, the collection is basically sold out (it's marketed as separate from the 'city collection').

My gods did Nike knock it out of the park with this year's edition.  I absolutely love  the Sixers 'icon' and 'association' (I think their top-tier in the league), but if they switched to a cream icon (or whatever TF the light jersey is called) and kept the navy as the 'association', I'd be fine with it.  Even if the side panels have nothing to do with the patriotic RWB theme, it's just so god damn good.

As much as I and many others bash Nike for their designs, credit needs to be given where it's due, and it's due here.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, BBTV said:

That would be great.  FWIW, I think those sweatshirts (or sweaters?) are well over $100, and as far as I can tell, other than t-shirts, the collection is basically sold out (it's marketed as separate from the 'city collection').

My gods did Nike knock it out of the park with this year's edition.  I absolutely love  the Sixers 'icon' and 'association' (I think their top-tier in the league), but if they switched to a cream icon (or whatever TF the light jersey is called) and kept the navy as the 'association', I'd be fine with it.  Even if the side panels have nothing to do with the patriotic RWB theme, it's just so god damn good.

As much as I and many others bash Nike for their designs, credit needs to be given where it's due, and it's due here.

I think it’s similar to the NFL where Nike only has as much control as the teams give them, so that’s probably why all of Philly’s city jerseys have been good (except for the black one). Teams like Philly and Indiana are probably most involved with the creative process, while other teams jut take whatever Nike offers.

• Like 3

On 3/8/2022 at 8:22 AM, BBTV said:

Yeah.  The sixers have had almost all hits (and some grand slams) but last year's was definitely a miss.  Agreed that it was a great concept, but executed really poorly (not that I have any better ideas for how they could have done it.)  Maybe they should have tabled it until they figured it out.

Their City and Earned have, for the most part, been fantastic and among the tops in the league (though others, like Utah's, have also been fantastic.)

As you can see here, in my opinion, the ratio is very much in their favor.  I wear very little team sports wear, but I do own a hoodie or shirt in a few of the Sixers designs (including the broken-snake design, which someone mistook for some kind of Patriot/MAGA symbol and asked me about my gun collection, lol.)

Hits: 

****.5  stars

creamphila.jpg 

****.5 stars

rocky.jpg  

****.5 stars

whiterocky.jpg

*** stars

creamfull.jpg

******* stars   jersey-history-city-21.jpg

Misses:  

* star

libertybell.jpg

*.5 star

boathouse.jpg

I just want to show my appreciation for posts like this that gives a timeline over a couple years span of a certain team. We get so much changes each year it’s hard to keep up.

On 3/21/2022 at 5:25 AM, andregunts said:

Also, guys I just wanted to say how PERFECT these Hornets uniforms are. 

they are slightly better than the Rockets, but they pull off that mash up or different jerseys look damn near perfectly 

10/10 

Get rid of the honeycomb pattern and I'd be 100% in favour of making them our regular unis.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 12:25 AM, andregunts said:

Also, guys I just wanted to say how PERFECT these Hornets uniforms are. 

they are slightly better than the Rockets, but they pull off that mash up or different jerseys look damn near perfectly 

10/10 

Honestly might be the best a gradient has  ever worked in pro sports

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Tonight is the last nets graffiti uniform game 😕

can’t wait to see what piece of dead culture they try to yoink next. The ODB driver’s license font? Room On Fire-era Strokes typeface? 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

Why is the Larry O’Bryant trophy base… not the Larry O’Bryan Trophy base?

spacer.png

Huge upgrade nonetheless, but it’s a bizarre decision 

Unless the base is now circular like in the logo, I hope not since the usual base is meant to represent the court.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

I wouldn't be suprised if they redesigned trophy base since they already made a few new trophies in this season including divisional:

At least they were named after players and not companies.  Not yet, anyway.