2021-22 NBA Changes

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

The Timberwolves set is kind of ruined by the two-tone jersey (I assume the shorts are two-toned as well).

It'd look great if the whole thing was royal blue...but the front is royal, and the back is navy.  

https://www.nba.com/timberwolves/remix#threads

And then in their materials they say the old and current logo on the shorts (current logo looks great in old colors) is a sign of how far they've come...but...really, the new colors are so inferior. 

I didn't realize that. Damn. The front looks nice. It's what I wished they'd have done in the KG era but they chose to really marginalize green then and the look was pretty drab.  This is a far more interesting use of the colors.

It's partly nostalgia but I really like seeing the original logo. I thought it was great back then. Sure, the current logo is such a great update of the old one that it almost seems pointless, but I love it.

This point may  have already been made but this, along with a few others (Houston, Clippers, Nets, Bucks) Seem a bit "reverse retro."

I like this Wolves jersey, despite the noticeable flaw you point out.  I also like The Sixers Spectrum tribute, the Spurs pastel, the Clips and, most of all, the Mavs.

• Like 4

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

THE SPURS OMG 😍😍😍😍😍 those colors look AWESOME with the white, like a new vice look!!!  Is there going to be a fiesta court?

Hornets and Clippers look good too.  I love the variety of number fonts for the Heat and their ball logo mashup. 

They debuted one last year, they'll probably just use it still. I hope their other Fiesta jersey stays in the rotation. 

HrHSUFn.jpgH4jXDcd.jpg

The decision to have two number fonts seems a weird way to go with these, but I guess it makes sense within how the program is set up.

• Like 6

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

52 minutes ago, Sport said:

Blazer fans, "Rip City" is still dumb. 

I recall calling it "nonsense" the first time they introduced a jersey with that slogan. I was not prepared for what I'd done...

Call it "rip city" all you want.  Sell t-shirts with the slogan.  But its seems cheesy to put on the jersey. I feel that same about Sactown, ATL, and OKC. I'm not even fond of the Valley. I also don't like the Wolves using "MSP," "MINN," or "the Cities" (Not even sure they ever did this one; the NBA is so out of control I can't even keep up with my own team...)

• Like 5

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

8 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I recall calling it "nonsense" the first time they introduced a jersey with that slogan. I was not prepared for what I'd done...

Call it "rip city" all you want.  Sell t-shirts with the slogan.  But its seems cheesy to put on the jersey. I feel that same about Sactown, ATL, and OKC. I'm not even fond of the Valley. I also don't like the Wolves using "MSP," "MINN," or "the Cities" (Not even sure they ever did this one; the NBA is so out of control I can't even keep up with my own team...)

I don't like any of it and I think most of these alternate uniforms are silly nonsense. I've never liked officializing nicknames, especially bad nicknames.  "The Valley" - never heard anyone refer to Phoenix as the valley. If I didn't know what team that uniform was for I would've guessed Los Angeles. 

If Blazers fans like Rip City and want to spend their money on shirts and jerseys that say "Rip City" then great go ahead I won't stop you. That doesn't mean it's not dumb. I'd argue actually that their being clouded with the biases of nostalgia and fanaticism makes them the least qualified to judge whether or not "Rip City" is dumb, which it very much is. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

I find it hilarious when people who aren’t from the area and/or don’t know the origin story of “Rip City” call it stupid or conflate it with things like Sactown, The Valley, Buzz City, etc. If you just don’t like the nicknames or abbreviations on jerseys, that’s one thing. But to call “Rip City” stupid in it of itself is, in my opinion, quite ignorant when it’s something that came about organically in the franchise’s very first season in 1971.

• Like 11

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

20 minutes ago, Sport said:

If Blazers fans like Rip City and want to spend their money on shirts and jerseys that say "Rip City" then great go ahead I won't stop you. That doesn't mean it's not dumb. I'd argue actually that their being clouded with the biases of nostalgia and fanaticism makes them the least qualified to judge whether or not "Rip City" is dumb, which it very much is. 

luke-sky-walker.gif

• Like 10

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

luke-sky-walker.gif

Even the part where I said they're free to spend their money on jerseys and shirts with it if they want to? 

9 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I find it hilarious when people who aren’t from the area and/or don’t know the origin story of “Rip City” call it stupid or conflate it with things like Sactown, The Valley, Buzz City, etc. If you just don’t like the nicknames or abbreviations on jerseys, that’s one thing. But to call “Rip City” stupid in it of itself is, in my opinion, quite ignorant when it’s something that came about organically in the franchise’s very first season in 1971.

When I first heard about "Rip City" I used this thing called the internet and sought out the origin story. Knowing the history of it doesn't change my opinion. I'm glad you guys like it, though. 

• Like 5

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They debuted one last year, they'll probably just use it still. I hope their other Fiesta jersey stays in the rotation. 

HrHSUFn.jpgH4jXDcd.jpg

The decision to have two number fonts seems a weird way to go with these, but I guess it makes sense within how the program is set up.

I was on board to buy this jersey until I saw that detail. I really don't think I'll be able to get over that. Looks like I'll just be buying a t-shirt with this design instead...Unless I see it at the team store and end up liking the way it looks in person. 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

35 minutes ago, Sport said:

Even the part where I said they're free to spend their money on jerseys and shirts with it if they want to? 

When I first heard about "Rip City" I used this thing called the internet and sought out the origin story. Knowing the history of it doesn't change my opinion. I'm glad you guys like it, though. 

Fair enough. You’re free to think it’s stupid still and us Blazers fans are free to think your opinion is stupid, too. I’m fine that some people don’t like the name, and I’m also fine that some people don’t mind the name but just don’t like it being on the jerseys. What I’m not fine with , however, is people conflating it with other city nicknames or abbreviations that aren’t specific to the team and/or were conceived as part of a marketing campaign instead of coming about organically. 

• Like 6

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1