2021-22 NBA Changes

5 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

As an add-on to the Sixers font for the Clippers, why are the Cavs ones using the Suns number font?

(joined the thread at page 54, this might have already been discussed)

The Cavs used that font in the 90s before the Suns did.

Cleveland Cavaliers – Sports Ecyclopedia

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Did the Pelicans not want to incorporate the honeycomb or old hornets elements?

Side stripes on that jersey is a nod to first NOLA Hornets jerseys although navy's should be much thinner.

12 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

Why are the Cavs ones using the Suns number font?

They aren't because Cavs used that font (City bold) in late 90's— early 2000's before Suns incorporated it in 2001. :)

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

I'm trying to find any use of the Hornets using that wordmark (which has italicized cursive letters but the L and T's are seemingly not italized, which gives it a hand-written look but not a good one)

The thing that bothers me about the Heat jersey is most any team could have cut/pasted letters from a history of team jerseys.  Seems like it's taking the easy road. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

i think the overall look from a distance is cool. but when you look at the details it's just too much.  there's a gradient with a honeycomb pattern, that's cool. but then you have pinstripes running through all of that. and then two different fonts (a classic and a modern.) and then striped arm holes and a collar. everything just clashes with each other.

In my brain, those pinstripes were just more of the metal bars. They didn't even register as pinstripes until I read this post. It's definitely a bit much.

I don't like a lot of those. Either redundant based on the current sets (Celtics, Pelicans, Pacers, Bulls), "what team is that" (Thunder, Grizzlies, Magic, Warriors), or "gross" (Hornets, Mavericks, Heat, Pistons). There's a few bright spots (Suns, Cavaliers, Bucks), but generally I don't like this set.

But honestly, I don't like most years of city jerseys, because they are either redundant, or stray so far from the team branding that in highlights you cant tell who you're watching.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

3 minutes ago, sharplcd said:

spacer.png

These were so close. Put the classic side panels on the shorts and it would have pretty much been a home run. Still one of the better alts the Pistons have had in quite some time, although that's certainly not a high bar. Hopefully this is a precursor to dropping the gray jerseys as the Statements and bringing back a '90s or 2000s style red jersey in its place in the coming years.

• Like 1

So 2k leaks about Blazers, Pelicans and Spurs were right. I almost get Rockets correct but my worries about Clippers shorts was right.

Anyway this is the first City edition where there are no uniforms that I really hate, even that hideous Heat.

4r2eer.png

Going on Lockervision and seeing the potential uniform matchups is gonna be very fun. I already saw Hawks (city) vs. Hornets (city) is a matchup, and I saw that Boston and New York both plan to wear their city edition unis against Lakers in yellow. That link you posted Digby is a phenomenal look at all of the New Jerseys/shorts. 

I think Orlando came so close but I’m upset they went with Orange. This uniform could’ve been perfect with the team colors.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Big fan of what my Blazers did:

My favorite part has to be the red side panels with the Dr. Jack plaid pattern, but the drop shadow wordmark and numbers are a great callback to the 90’s. The white circle around the pinwheel logo on the shorts is a fantastic little tribute to the old Memorial Coliseum center court logo as well.

• Like 5

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1