2021-22 NBA Changes

10 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I believe there was a tweet a while back saying that the J-note is staying around.

As a die-hard Jazz fan whom is at almost every game, owns every style jersey they have ever worn, one who still has not got over last years playoffs... and still cringes when I see the Jordan Push ...... I'm really having a hard time with this new rebrand and color direction.

With that said, I agree the "Note Logo" needs to stay. It's one of the most recognizable logos in all of sports.

Also, it was said from Owner Ryan Smith that the "Note Logo" is staying in "some capacity". I'm not sure it will be the primary mark, but it's staying. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kimball said:

It's not suppose to be a straight throwback jersey. It's a "remix" of different design elements from the team's past.

I think you’re missing the point I’m making. Whatever source is being used for the old San Diego Clippers font, it’s absolutely wrong. Nike and/or the NBA should do better. Furthermore, no other team in this Mix Tape series is mixing elements from other franchises, so why would they used an old Philadelphia font that doesn’t match? It’s sloppy research by Nike designers, and whomever at the NBA who approved it.

• Like 2

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

1 hour ago, mattharveysc said:

As a die-hard Jazz fan whom is at almost every game, owns every style jersey they have ever worn, one who still has not got over last years playoffs... and still cringes when I see the Jordan Push ...... I'm really having a hard time with this new rebrand and color direction.

With that said, I agree the "Note Logo" needs to stay. It's one of the most recognizable logos in all of sports.

Also, it was said from Owner Ryan Smith that the "Note Logo" is staying in "some capacity". I'm not sure it will be the primary mark, but it's staying. 

I'm VERY reluctant of the rebranding, but knowing the Note Logo is staying helps it sit better with me. I think it helps knowing Ryan Smith grew up a Jazz fan. But, I can't knock it until I see it.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

44 minutes ago, Frylock said:

I think you’re missing the point I’m making. Whatever source is being used for the old San Diego Clippers font, it’s absolutely wrong. Nike and/or the NBA should do better. Furthermore, no other team in this Mix Tape series is mixing elements from other franchises, so why would they used an old Philadelphia font that doesn’t match? It’s sloppy research by Nike designers, and whomever at the NBA who approved it.

Untitled-5.png

I see the point you're trying to make, but I feel like it's still closer to the SD Clippers font than the 76ers. Needless to say, the NBA has never had a good track record with producing accurate throwback jerseys. They either have the wrong font, wrong sized font or placement on the jersey.

Some examples ...

Untitled-6.png

SIDE NOTE: I betcha the number system on the current Clippers Remix jersey are coming from the saved files of the 2003 throwbacks seen above.

• Like 5

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I see the point you're trying to make, but I feel like it's still closer to the SD Clippers font than the 76ers.

Disagree with you, it's basically Sans Serif version of Sixers font.

Needless to say, the NBA has never had a good track record with producing accurate throwback jerseys.

That's true, it started with champion trowbacks and later go on with another suppliers.

BTW this wordmark is from 87 to 10 because that from 10-15 got different "e"

• Like 3

4r2eer.png

56 minutes ago, kimball said:

I betcha the number system on the current Clippers Remix jersey are coming from the saved files of the 2003 throwbacks seen above.

this is certainly what happened. the old remix files (done incorrectly, obviously) were in their design database of files, so they just went with it. shameful.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, kimball said:

I'm VERY reluctant of the rebranding, but knowing the Note Logo is staying helps it sit better with me. I think it helps knowing Ryan Smith grew up a Jazz fan. But, I can't knock it until I see it.

I have a bad feeling it's going to be a white J-note on a black background to further copycat the Nets. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 3

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

10 hours ago, GMW79 said:

I have a bad feeling it's going to be a white J-note on a black background to further copycat the Nets. Hope I'm wrong.

With yellow to say it's ok. They're claiming they're simplifying the palette but are adding yet another unrelated combo.   Navy/indigo was almost good enough, 1 step forward. This will be 2 steps back

• Like 4