2021-22 NBA Changes

33 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I'm surprised at how well those teal accents work.

Getting late '90s Tommy Hilfiger vibes from this.

SCjWqyn.png

• Like 11

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

I'm surprised at how well those teal accents work.

Agreed. It's not a color scheme you seen a lot of, which is why it works to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

18 hours ago, tBBP said:

At first I thought somebody was playing calling these things "Mixtape" jerseys...then I looked it up. 

Is this really the point we're at now with this stuff???

To me this just smacks of the type of stuff you do when you run short on (or out of) "forward-thinking innovative" ideas.  The Miami one especially.

Some of those are alright, but overall...yeah, I must be reaching that crusty old curmudgeon age...

I actually don't mind the general concept of these mixtape looks because — at least in spirit —  the designs are built off prior looks rather than further diluting these brands further by dressing them up in themed clown suits.

But the other side of that is it can also highlight the lack of branding consistency from some teams. The ridiculous ransom note Miami jersey is a great example of that. And I don't know about you guys, but I don't need a reminder that Detroit had a teal era. I'd rather forget it. 

• Like 3

On 9/16/2021 at 5:24 PM, jb1322 said:

Not even regarding Utah, Jazz is supposed to a type of music that invokes emotion and soul. Not something black and white represents.  This just feels like the easy way out. There is no creativity or branding involved here it’s just wiping the slate clean.

For what it’s worth, I combed through a random list of the 100 best album covers, and 29 of them had black and white artwork as the focal point with little or no color.

• Like 5

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

41 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

For what it’s worth, I combed through a random list of the 100 best album covers, and 29 of them had black and white artwork as the focal point with little or no color.

That's actually rather common in the jazz/soul genre--shoot, for much soul music period, jazz or otherwise, from what I've seen.  Being that black and white photography/imagery tends to focus more on the emotions/dramatic effect (which is kinda vital for music) and not so much the person/people/object, I think that's why they do that so much...for whatever that may be worth.  

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think once all is said and done with the unveiling of the "mixtape" jerseys, we'll all have wished teams went with straight forward throwback jerseys like they did 25 years ago.

• Like 6

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

15 minutes ago, dont care said:

1. Why? They have never had lightning in their branding ever.

2. No it’s not. It’s clearly a straight side panel.

1. Yeah, actually, they did have lightning on their uniforms for a few years in the late ‘70’s:

spacer.png

They were even worn as throwbacks in the 2000’s:

spacer.png

2. The more I look, the more I actually do think the side panels are in the shape of a lightning bolt. Who knows.

• Like 10

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, sayahh said:

Wait, so is that the jersey number on one side?  Was that done every season?

Yes, but it wasn't always done consistently - sometimes it would be the wrong number, sometimes it would be missing altogether.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Igor Coelho said:

It was only a matter of time before the Knicks gave us this predictable black uniform. Last year should’ve been indication enough. I’ll reserve how I feel till we see the whole thing! I’m really gonna need some more blue on this uniform. Overall this doesn’t speak as much to the idea of blending  elements from the past vs. what the Knicks have in their history. I love those late 90’s jerseys with the black on the side stripe, but to go this direction for the 75th year uniform seems confusing when you’ve got such a rich history.