2021-22 NBA Changes

22 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

So pretty much all the time, then. :) haha. 

I had forgotten about the tiny wordmark on the garbage bag set. But at least on those classic unis the wordmark has more of a commanding presence. 

The mixtape Mavs jersey doesn't look as bad in the picture @TitansGM posted, though I don't care for how the green sidepanels appear to creep into the body of the jersey. That whole top third of it is way too crowded. 

Really like that Nets jersey. Mavs... I like the wordmark and return of green & blue, and the shorts are nice. Everything else is terrible. And what does "MFFL" mean? Muthaf***in' Florida?

I was really hoping the Bucks would incorporate the Irish Rainbow into their mashup unis, but they seem intent on ignoring that era and its unis as much as possible.

20 minutes ago, Discogod said:

Really like that Nets jersey. Mavs... I like the wordmark and return of green & blue, and the shorts are nice. Everything else is terrible. And what does "MFFL" mean? Muthaf***in' Florida?

I was really hoping the Bucks would incorporate the Irish Rainbow into their mashup unis, but they seem intent on ignoring that era and its unis as much as possible.

Based on the shirsey, it seems like we might at least be getting the Irish Rainbow colors. I'd be surprised if it's the actual striping down the side though since that's essentially what their current look is.

3 minutes ago, SCL said:

That Dallas mashup is a trainwreck. The Cuban era elements send it from great to meh.

Even by the standards of the "mixtape" design brief, can't imagine how those green armpit stains made it to production. Looks more like an accident of Photoshop layers than it does a mashup.

• Like 4

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

5 hours ago, TitansGM said:

spacer.pngImages of retail swingmans from a local store

That Nets jersey is gorgeous.

The random swoops near the arm pit ruin the Mavs one. Just feels too forced to find a way to mix in the current/Dirk era unis. How they come so close to the wordmark almost reminds me of how wrestlers or people cut their shirts for workouts.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAE5f2eP4F0YS4-B8p6fO

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

I don't know the correct terminology, but the Green section of the jersey looks to be the 2000s shiny material we all had on our basketball shorts:

That's actually an interesting touch. I mean, it still looks terrible, but it certainly harkens back to the 2000s-era garbage bag look for the Mavs. Why they'd choose to pay homage to that (if that was their actual intent) is a different question. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 2:20 PM, Conrad. said:

Some astute observer 😎 came across this, now featured on the mothership

2021-2022-new-oklahoma-city-thunder-unif

https://news.sportslogos.net/2021/10/18/first-look-at-okc-thunder-new-city-uniform-for-2022/basketball/

Am I a little late to this party? Yes. 

But I really like this uniform for some reason 

Letterkenny GIF

• Like 2

AmPJ0Ty.png 

2 hours ago, melancer46 said:

Now that's more promising.

Is it wrong that I'm more excited about the Bucks' unis than my own team?

That Bulls jersey is nice too, it'd make a nice full-time alternate.

• Like 1