2021-22 NBA Changes

3 hours ago, QCS said:

If you're gonna remove something it's gotta be the gradient. Pinstripes have real significance and the honeycomb/gradient pattern has never been something that's been on a Hornets jersey except for I think a couple City jerseys.

But on the other hand if you remove gradient with honeycomb you'll basically receive classic jersey with different wordmark and numbers so kinda like 17/18 Rockets City which had chinese wordmark instead of latin. Also honeycomb/gradient combination got strong significance from their iconic court.

4r2eer.png

19 minutes ago, keynote said:

And I’m guessing by the teaser gif they posted, they’ll be using a dmv logo. I’m guessing that people outside of the Washington metro area will be as confused as non-Portlanders are to Rip City.

On a separate note, it seems as though Portland, Orlando, Washington, Houston and New Orleans haven’t had any type of leaks yet. Which is remarkable so close to what we expect as the release date.

• Like 2

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

19 minutes ago, Frylock said:

And I’m guessing by the teaser gif they posted, they’ll be using a dmv logo. I’m guessing that people outside of the Washington metro area will be as confused as non-Portlanders are to Rip City.

On a separate note, it seems as though Portland, Orlando, Washington, Houston and New Orleans haven’t had any type of leaks yet. Which is remarkable so close to what we expect as the release date.

The rapper Wale has popularized "DMV" -- at least in hip hop culture, anyway. 

Here's the gif in question. The "d" from the Arenas-era Wizards "dc"; the "M" looks kinda like an upside-down "W" from the "not a swastika" Wizards' beard, and a new "V," which appears tobe modified from that same "W", to complete the set. 

Edited by keynote
additional analysis
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, keynote said:

The rapper Wale has popularized "DMV" -- at least in hip hop culture, anyway. 

Here's the gif in question. The "d" from the Arenas-era Wizards "dc"; the "M" looks kinda like an upside-down "W" from the "not a swastika" Wizards' beard, and a new "V," which appears tobe modified from that same "W", to complete the set. 

Also: is it me, or is that "d" glowing...gold? 👀 

w640xh480_GettyImages-80851455.jpg

32HNR4XPILNR3VUDHZ3XHQTQ3A.jpg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, keynote said:

Also: is it me, or is that "d" glowing...gold? 👀 

w640xh480_GettyImages-80851455.jpg

32HNR4XPILNR3VUDHZ3XHQTQ3A.jpg

I see it, too. D is gold, M is red, V is blue. Also, I dig the alternate logo they are using for a social media avatar. The old Bullets ball with the modern Monument. Pretty slick.

• Like 2

DMV? Never heard of that in a Washington context. I understand it mean DC, Maryland and Virginia. Anyway sounds quite weird since it share abbreviation with Department of motor vehicles

45 minutes ago, Frylock said:

Portland and New Orleans were leaked in NBA 2k22 trailers. Orlando showed teaser on a twitter.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

22 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Portland and New Orleans were leaked in NBA 2k22 trailers. Orlando showed teaser on a twitter.

I went back and re-read those posts earlier today, and the way I interpreted it was that most, if not all, of what was leaked has been debunked. Some then, and some over time. The only one that seems plausible is the one for Portland. But the only element I can agree with is that it will be back. 

22 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

DMV? Never heard of that in a Washington context. I understand it mean DC, Maryland and Virginia. Anyway sounds quite weird since it share abbreviation with Department of motor vehicles

The similarty to the Dept of Motor Vehicles is the point, as sort of a play on an existing acronym -- at least IMHO. Here's one take on the history of the acronym. 

https://www.washingtonian.com/2015/07/06/whos-responsible-for-naming-greater-washington-the-dmv/

As someone who grew up in Maryland, I think of "DMV" as slang for the DC metro area, not the "combined statistical area" known as the "Washington–Baltimore–Arlington, DC–MD–VA–WV–PA Combined Statistical Area," or the DC-Baltimore metropolitan area for short. So, I don't consider Baltimore to be part of the DMV. But, I'm sure Wizards' owner Ted Leonsis would disagree. ;)

YMMV.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

But on the other hand if you remove gradient with honeycomb you'll basically receive classic jersey with different wordmark and numbers so kinda like 17/18 Rockets City which had chinese wordmark instead of latin. Also honeycomb/gradient combination got strong significance from their iconic court.

That's exactly what I want.

the user formerly known as cdclt

15 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

chaotic sounds like what a new orleans jersey would be however our reputation with jersey designs make me predict that we'll probably just have something the complete opposite and basic. especially if that 2k leak turns out to be true.  

unfortunately i was right 

• Like 1

IMG-7122.gif

Some jerseys and knit hats at Dick’s

Houston going with navy with pinstripes, 80s wordmark

Magic going gray and orange again because a blue and black mixtape would have been too easy or too popular. 

Wolves, Bucks, Nuggets, Sixers, Clippers prob my favorites so far

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Did the Pelicans not want to incorporate the honeycomb or old hornets elements?

Along with the Hornets not wanting to have a checkered flag pattern on their sides for the Bobcats?

Well the NBA wants to pretend that the hornets are the same team that moved to New Orleans and came back, the bobcats stopped existing and the pelicans are a new team, so that’s probably why.