2021-22 NBA Changes

5 hours ago, Digby said:

The throwbacks that the Knicks, Celtics and Warriors have been wearing in week one are using the dazzle fabric as well, at least on the shorts. (Which feels more like a throwback to 1992, especially with the Futura Nike logomark they also use.)

It’s suppose to mimic the satin that was used on the shorts then.

6 hours ago, flyersfan said:

I don't know the correct terminology, but the Green section of the jersey looks to be the 2000s shiny material we all had on our basketball shorts:

Nice to see the shiny fabric come back. It was such a shame when it was abandoned, it added another dimension to uniform design. And for some teams – like Miami, Denver, Milwaukee and Houston – it was their thing, and their uniforms really lost in appeal after the switch to regular fabric.

• Like 3

Are we about to see the pendulum swing back the other way now in terms of fabrics? My own personal guess, but if Nike is willing to stick this dazzle fabric in the NBA uniforms, that tells me it's only a matter of time before we see it engineered some kind of way into Oregon's CFB uniforms (in some kind of iridescent green hue even), and then we may see the return of dazzle fabric pants again--which would then shoot down the theory that they can't produce those types of fabric (which I don't know how they can't, with as much capital as they have--but that's a different issue).

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

23 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Are we about to see the pendulum swing back the other way now in terms of fabrics? My own personal guess, but if Nike is willing to stick this dazzle fabric in the NBA uniforms, that tells me it's only a matter of time before we see it engineered some kind of way into Oregon's CFB uniforms (in some kind of iridescent green hue even), and then we may see the return of dazzle fabric pants again--which would then shoot down the theory that they can't produce those types of fabric (which I don't know how they can't, with as much capital as they have--but that's a different issue).

I honestly think it's just a "vintage" thing or the anniversary season.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I don't know if it's been brought up here yet, but the Jazz have a jersey schedule with little icons as part of their schedule.

Also, you can really get a sense for this new branding on that schedule page. I'm sure one of you font people can tell me what the font is, but it's really giving off a Cards Against Humanity vibe because it's the same font and colouring.

cahcard.jpg

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

9 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I don't know if it's been brought up here yet, but the Jazz have a jersey schedule with little icons as part of their schedule.

Also, you can really get a sense for this new branding on that schedule page. I'm sure one of you font people can tell me what the font is, but it's really giving off a Cards Against Humanity vibe because it's the same font and colouring.

It's a classic font called "Billionaire Hubris sans-serif"

• Like 6

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

53 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The San Diego number font doesn't really fit, but it's otherwise great.

That is sloppy work by Nike and the NBA. That’s nowhere close to the old San Diego font. If anything, it’s akin to the Iverson-era black Sixers jerseys.

• Like 8

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

18 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Another Sactown wordmark... Would we ever seen "Sacramento" again?

6 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The San Diego number font doesn't really fit, but it's otherwise great.

So that potential leak from 2k was right about 90's wordmark but rest not. I got mixed feeling because overall colors and design itself (don't mean numbers, nob and wordmark) are almost same as 17/18 City except v-neck collar and details on trims so I hope they won't be lazy and shorts would be kinda different than 17/18.

4r2eer.png

What color are the Jazz? What do they *want* to be? As a uniform and logo guru, I know their listed colors (navy-dark green-yellow-white scheme). But asking friends and those unknowledgeable of this stuff, they had no idea.

Their most popular uniform choices? White, followed closely by the red rocks city jersey, which is in it's like 3rd iteration but the theme is 5 years running? There is no green (fine, okay), and the yellow is worn 17 times, navy 12 times.

And now they're branding their social media in black and an almost volt yellow?

I'm impartial to the colors they pick, I just want them to pick one, and stick with it!

• Like 3

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

17 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

What color are the Jazz? What do they *want* to be? As a uniform and logo guru, I know their listed colors (navy-dark green-yellow-white scheme). But asking friends and those unknowledgeable of this stuff, they had no idea.

Their most popular uniform choices? White, followed closely by the red rocks city jersey, which is in it's like 3rd iteration but the theme is 5 years running? There is no green (fine, okay), and the yellow is worn 17 times, navy 12 times.

And now they're branding their social media in black and an almost volt yellow?

I'm impartial to the colors they pick, I just want them to pick one, and stick with it!

Have you not read/kept up with this thread? (which is understandable considering how long it is)

They're navy/green/yellow/white right now and the Red Rocks is in it's second iteration since it came in five years ago as part of the first City jersey go-around. I believe the Jazz aren't getting a new City/Mixtape jersey this season in exchange for keeping the Red Rocks around.

They are expected to change next year to a black/white/yellow scheme, which is what the social media/website/online branding is right now.

I already said in this thread that I think the whole conversation about the Jazz not "picking a colour scheme and sticking with it" is a tad overblown considering pretty much every other team. I also don't think changing to black/white/yellow fixes anything, and not just in that "15th standard" XKCD that keeps getting posted everywhere, unless they drop everything they currently wear and only go black/white/yellow.

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

2 hours ago, Frylock said:

That is sloppy work by Nike and the NBA. That’s nowhere close to the old San Diego font. If anything, it’s akin to the Iverson-era black Sixers jerseys.

It's not suppose to be a straight throwback jersey. It's a "remix" of different design elements from the team's past.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Have you not read/kept up with this thread? (which is understandable considering how long it is)

They're navy/green/yellow/white right now and the Red Rocks is in it's second iteration since it came in five years ago as part of the first City jersey go-around. I believe the Jazz aren't getting a new City/Mixtape jersey this season in exchange for keeping the Red Rocks around.

They are expected to change next year to a black/white/yellow scheme, which is what the social media/website/online branding is right now.

I already said in this thread that I think the whole conversation about the Jazz not "picking a colour scheme and sticking with it" is a tad overblown considering pretty much every other team. I also don't think changing to black/white/yellow fixes anything, and not just in that "15th standard" XKCD that keeps getting posted everywhere, unless they drop everything they currently wear and only go black/white/yellow.

I agree with most of what you're saying @monkeypower ... and honestly, as a lifelong Jazz fan, I think it's more important to keep the "note logo" than what are the team colors. The note is what connects the past, present and future and that should remain. 

kimball banner.png

2 minutes ago, kimball said:

I agree with most of what you're saying @monkeypower ... and honestly, as a lifelong Jazz fan, I think it's more important to keep the "note logo" than what are the team colors. The note is what connects the past, present and future and that should remain. 

I believe there was a tweet a while back saying that the J-note is staying around.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png