College Football 2021 - Logos & Uniforms

Maryland really should just wear the home and road throwbacks full time.  They have them...might as well wear them more.  Such a great collegiate look. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/31/2021 at 2:49 PM, upperV03 said:

Really hate the metallic gold accents on those ASU jerseys. Superfluous and it clashes with the athletic gold. I’m fine with the rest, but would definitely be much better without the tacky metallic gold.

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be copper

On 8/31/2021 at 5:06 PM, frosty06306 said:

E-IZ9jbVIAA-By0?format=jpg&name=4096x409

NC State has unveiled their full Reverse Retro look as well to accompany the previously shown helmet. Not a fan, thankfully only on display for USF on Thursday - hopefully.

Unpopular opinion: I find myself liking the pinstripe look.  Basically what Notre Dame should have done for that Yankee Stadium game a few years ago.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Maryland really should just wear the home and road throwbacks full time.  They have them...might as well wear them more.  Such a great collegiate look. 

they look like Maryland should look,  pains me to know that we will get Black Ops or white Ops or Red Ops or Pink Eye or  whatever in the coming weeks. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I'm not feeling the royal blue helmets for BYU.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I absolutely loved how the Ducks’ new set looked in action yesterday, and the classic Y/G/Y combo did not disappoint in the slightest. To me, this set is a fantastic blend of the flashiness of the uniforms in the 2010’s and the simplicity of the last set, and makes for the best look they’ve had since the Mariota era. They couldn’t have picked a better combo to debut the new set with.
spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looking ahead to next week’s battle against the Buckeyes, I think the Ducks will debut their new green helmets and wear the green/white/green combo. They’re asking traveling fans to wear green, so the white/apple green combo seems likely.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Looking ahead to next week’s battle against the Buckeyes, I think the Ducks will debut their new green helmets and wear the green/white/green combo. They’re asking traveling fans to wear green, so the white/apple green combo seems likely.

I say this all the time, but I really wish the Buckeyes would go gray sleeves full time OR at least for big/rare matchups . This throwback v throwback against Hawaii is one of the most beautiful games to me. They'd look gorgeous against an apple green Oregon too.

AR-309129982.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

12 hours ago, razorback447 said:

Arizona looks amazing. Their coach may very well end up bombing but he should really be commemorated for bringing them out of some truly awful years of uniforms and getting them back to their best look. 

Looked it up and yep. Their logo did not work on their blue helmets in comparison.

6134483b828a8.image.jpg?resize=1200%252C

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I absolutely loved how the Ducks’ new set looked in action yesterday, and the classic Y/G/Y combo did not disappoint in the slightest. To me, this set is a fantastic blend of the flashiness of the uniforms in the 2010’s and the simplicity of the last set, and makes for the best look they’ve had since the Mariota era. They couldn’t have picked a better combo to debut the new set with.
spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don't know. I've gone on record saying I think the Ducks' bright green and yellow is quite possibly the best color scheme in sports (when they don't muck it up with black, grey, or that nauseating greenish-black color), but there's something about the jersey construction that always strikes me as looking vaguely cheap, which I know is weird because I assume they're getting what Nike considers the top of the line.

The shiney numbers remind me of cheap iron-on decals from the 70's, and the sublimated doodads on the shoulders look kinda cheesy IMO. 

A game jersey looks best with stichted on twill numbers, and embroidered details.  Oregon is never going to top those Rose Bowl jerseys with the cartoon duck on the sleeve. If they could bring themselves to leave behind this mindset that makes them feel that they have to constantly change game by game, they could embrace the idea that they had finally gotten it right, and let it go.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

A game jersey looks best with stichted on twill numbers,

It does, but it's likely that you'll see more and more teams moving away from multi-layer stitched twill going forward.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived