Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

This....isn't bad actually?  I'm very pleasantly surprised.  Props to ownership for holding the line.

• Like 2
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

16 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Woo? Why is it not WorSox?

Because the city is pronounced "Woostah"

• Like 2
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

this move holds a special place in my heart as my Dad was raised in Central MA and spent the last 4 years of his life there, and he was very excited they were moving to Worcester, and I absolutely love the logo and gear. 

will definitely be buying that hoodie, and can't wait to catch a game.

38 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

Well, "The Heart of the Commonwealth" motto's been around since October of 1831. I suspect that was a bit before your 20-year stint in Central Massachusetts. Governor Levi Lincoln of Massachusetts, who would later go on to serve as the City of Worcester's first mayor, coined the phrase. Since then, it's been used to describe both the City of Worcester and Worcester County. It's the reason the image of a heart adorns the Worcester city seal and, by extension, everything from the city flag to city street signs.    

In any event, when it comes to invoking municipal mottos and nicknames, the only folks capable of outdoing local politicos and chamber of commerce officials are sports branding professionals.  

Well, I guess I learn something every day.Gentle drinking buzz and general bias against everything Massachusetts aside, I stand corrected.

It's a better name than the Worcester Wind Fits!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rams80 said:

Because the city is pronounced "Woostah"

The irony is that while most New Englanders seem to pronounce "Worcester" in a way that has the first syllable's vowel matching the "short 'oo'" found in "good" or "wood," the announcer in the video revealing the WooSox's identity seems to pronounce the vowel in the first syllable of "WooSox" as the "long 'oo'" that is heard in "food" or "mood."

2 hours ago, Walk-Off said:

The irony is that while most New Englanders seem to pronounce "Worcester" in a way that has the first syllable's vowel matching the "short 'oo'" found in "good" or "wood," the announcer in the video revealing the WooSox's identity seems to pronounce the vowel in the first syllable of "WooSox" as the "long 'oo'" that is heard in "food" or "mood."

i've always heard "Wuss-ter" from family back there, but i'm sure there's various pronunciations. 

Here's a list of all the names they didn't go with: https://www.masslive.com/worcester/2019/11/journey-to-woosox-here-are-all-217-other-names-that-didnt-get-chosen-for-worcester-red-sox-new-name.html

As for the name and logo as a life-long Central MA resident, I like it.

Woo-ster , Wis-tah, I don't care just never put an H in the city's name.

Florence Y'alls has significant meaning to the area. Across the highway from the ballpark is a water tower and the Florence Mall. The water tower originally read Florence mall but was changed to Florence Y'all after legal concerns. I got a feeling this name will win out. They already have Wally, the water tower as their mascot.

spacer.pngYAll_Star_1.JPG

Go-Goettas also works locally after a local meat called goetta (pronounce "getta"), usually made with pork and or beef with oats and spices. Its similar to scrapple (a similar version found on the east coast).

• Like 3

Signature intentionally left blank

8 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Florence Y'alls has significant meaning to the area. Across the highway from the ballpark is a water tower and the Florence Mall. The water tower originally read Florence mall but was changed to Florence Y'all after legal concerns. I got a feeling this name will win out. They already have Wally, the water tower as their mascot.

spacer.pngYAll_Star_1.JPG

Go-Goettas also works locally after a local meat called goetta (pronounce "getta"), usually made with pork and or beef with oats and spices. Its similar to scrapple (a similar version found on the east coast).

As someone who’s frequently been in Florence I can agree with this.

Never been to a freedom game but the Y’all’s definitely are something I might go see. Would be interesting to see them build an identity around this if it is picked.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Tri-City Chili Peppers Unveil Spicy New Logos for 2020

November 28, 2019 - 19:30 PM

The Coastal Plain League will have a new team at the dish in 2020, and it’s coming in extra spicy. Playing their home games at Colonial Heights, Virginia, the Tri-City Chili Peppers are joining the independent wood bat, collegiate summer […]

Read More...

• Like 1

Apparently, the Wareham Gatemen of the collegiate summer Cape Cod Baseball League were mulling taking legal action against the Worcester Red Sox over a logo that the latter team is using.

r4oRgqql.jpg              XyP1Ubgm.jpg

Wareham Gatemen                                                                      Worcester Red Sox  

According to the Worcester Business Journal, cooler heads have prevailed and a legal battle has been avoided.

WooSox avoid a court fight over 'W' logo