2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

4 hours ago, Red Comet said:

I guess letting Russ cook ended up like this:spacer.png

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

What, it's just an ordinary Seahawks seas...

17258515-850x560.jpeg

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

This team has needed a reset for a while and now might be the best time.

These both get POTD nominations from me for the Spongebob references. 

• Like 4

spacer.png

After a 1-7 start, Miami is 8-7. I can't believe they're currently in a playoff spot; no way I would've thought of that at the end of Week 8. I don't think they win out, but it's nice to see them in the mix at the end of the season.

• Like 5

The Bengals can clinch the division with a win in one of their last two games, but their last two games are the Chiefs and at Cleveland (and there's a good chance that's the division championship game). So they basically need to win a playoff game to make the playoffs and the Bengals very famously don't win playoff games. I'm so nervous. Couldn't just hang onto an 11 point lead with 5 minutes left against the Jets and Mike White and make this easy for us? 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

42 minutes ago, Sport said:

The Bengals can clinch the division with a win in one of their last two games, but their last two games are the Chiefs and at Cleveland (and there's a good chance that's the division championship game). So they basically need to win a playoff game to make the playoffs and the Bengals very famously don't win playoff games. I'm so nervous. Couldn't just hang onto an 11 point lead with 5 minutes left against the Jets and Mike White and make this easy for us? 

That would be with the ravens winning both their games, and that isn’t a probability with how they have been playing.

5 minutes ago, dont care said:

That would be with the ravens winning both their games, and that isn’t a probability with how they have been playing.

It's if any one of the Steelers, Ravens, or Browns go 2-0 in their last two and they go 0-2. They can get in without winning another game if the Ravens, Browns, and Steelers all lose at least one more time, but I'm most worried about the Browns. I don't think they'll lose to the Steelers because the Steelers are not good and I don't think the Bengals will beat the Chiefs so like I said it will probably come down to the last game in Cleveland and it's frightening as hell because the Browns strengths line up with all of the Bengals weaknesses. I would not be very confident about winning that game in that environment. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

11 hours ago, Dynasty said:

After a 1-7 start, Miami is 8-7. I can't believe they're currently in a playoff spot; no way I would've thought of that at the end of Week 8. I don't think they win out, but it's nice to see them in the mix at the end of the season.

I may have remarked on this a few weeks back when we were talking about potential dark horses--at the time, Miami had just ran off five straight. Wellp, here we are, and there they are, presently at 8-7. Now, next week will be pivotal in about a dozen different ways. For one, they get the Snatit in Nashville this coming Sunday, and given that the Snatit have established a penchant for not just wilting, but totally cooking the goose when it comes to pivotal games--especially on their own home field--Miami should feel pretty good about their chances. This may also be a matchup nightmare up front for the Snatit if they don't get that OL together...Miami's DLs can and just might tee off on Ryan Tannehill all day.  Thankfully, the equalizer may actually be Tennessee's defensive backfield, which somehow despite rotating a brigade's worth of bodies back there and now trotting out some guy named Jackrabbit Jenkins, they're still one of the league's better cover units.  

All the analytical stuff to the side...this one's gonna be ruff as a fan. On the one hand, I'm pulling for Miami to make it to the postseason (and then become the second team no one wants to face, behind Indianapolis), but that would require them beating the Snatit in their house (which as recent history has shown is DEFINITELY doable), and then New England after that (but Miami has had NE's number for a couple years now, so that's probably doable as well)--and plus, im a fan of ol' Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa, so I'd be happy for him. On the other hand, if Tennessee wins, they still hold the 2 spot and then hope that somehow KC loses one or both of their remaining games so that if they win out or end up with the same record as KC, they get the 1 seed. (That said, they'll actually need to do something with that top seed if they get it, and it remains to be seen if they can do it when it really counts.) 

If Cincinnati doesn't go full DERP mode, I believe they can beat KC. (Shoot, LA almost did...until they remembered that they were, in fact, the Chargers and just "played their position".) I just hope they don't get overanxious about the moment and play so tensed they get boatraced halfway through the first quarter. 

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

LOL Carson Wentz got covid.  Hope no legitimate medical resources are wasted on his dumb ass.  If it's bad, he can just pray.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 hours ago, Dynasty said:

A friend told me that his friend who's a Miami fan said that the Dolphins are undefeated since his wife asked for a divorce.  Said if the Fins win the Super Bowl, he knows he's destined to never get married again.

• Like 6

I'm not putting too much stock into the Dolphins just yet. 

I mean, has anyone actually seen their opponents during the win streak?  

Texans

Ravens

Jets

Panthers

Giants

Jets

Saints

Other than maybe the paper tiger Ravens, and the hot or cold Saints, not really that much to brag about. 

Titans & Patriots will decide if their serious or just has a laudable schedule. 

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

42 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Other than maybe the paper tiger Ravens, and the hot or cold Saints, not really that much to brag about. 

Didn’t the Dolphins already beat the Patriots this year in New England? And aren’t the Titans displaying that they have by far the best depth in the NFL? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Didn’t the Dolphins already beat the Patriots this year in New England? And aren’t the Titans displaying that they have by far the best depth in the NFL? 

Yeah, but that was like the first game of the season. Hardly fair to judge anything from that. 

Plus I'm referring more to the teams they beat during their streak. Only 1 winning team I believe. 

Like I said, their games against the Titans & Patriots will be a true indicator of what they are. 

• Yawn 1

15 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

I'm not putting too much stock into the Dolphins just yet. 

I mean, has anyone actually seen their opponents during the win streak?  

Texans

Ravens

Jets

Panthers

Giants

Jets

Saints

As a counterpoint...the fact that they ran off eight straight at all is a massive accomplishment in itself...especially when everyone else left them for dead. Secondly, three of the teams on that list actually beat two of the current top three AFC playoff seeds--well, really, two of those teams; one did it twice, the Jets, beating both the Snatit and the Bengals, with Houston also beating, and pretty soundly, the Snatit. (And that right there is the very reason I give the Dolphins a chance in their next game...yes, Mike Vrabel has done some kinda job in keeping that team as competitive as it while losing dang near half the roster to injury over the course of the season, but at the same time, they just have this penchant for playing down and sometimes WAY down to teams they should blow out, and that's why I don't trust them just yet. It already happened twice this season, as previously mentioned.)

Whatever the case, we'll see what happens come Sunday. Should be interesting...

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 hours ago, tBBP said:

As a counterpoint...the fact that they ran off eight straight at all is a massive accomplishment in itself...especially when everyone else left them for dead. Secondly, three of the teams on that list actually beat two of the current top three AFC playoff seeds--well, really, two of those teams; one did it twice, the Jets, beating both the Snatit and the Bengals, with Houston also beating, and pretty soundly, the Snatit. (And that right there is the very reason I give the Dolphins a chance in their next game...yes, Mike Vrabel has done some kinda job in keeping that team as competitive as it while losing dang near half the roster to injury over the course of the season, but at the same time, they just have this penchant for playing down and sometimes WAY down to teams they should blow out, and that's why I don't trust them just yet. It already happened twice this season, as previously mentioned.)

Whatever the case, we'll see what happens come Sunday. Should be interesting...

Tyrod Taylor
Joe Flacco
Cam Newton
PJ Walker
Mike Glennon
Zach Wilson
Ian Book

Sorry, not impressed. I'll give them credit for beating Baltimore, but I'm not going to jump through hoops to validate their win streak against mostly below .500 teams with barely backup worthy QBs. 

But yeah, final 2 games for them will be very  telling. 

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

18 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Tyrod Taylor
Joe Flacco
Cam Newton
PJ Walker
Mike Glennon
Zach Wilson
Ian Book

Sorry, not impressed. I'll give them credit for beating Baltimore, but I'm not going to jump through hoops to validate their win streak against mostly below .500 teams with barely backup worthy QBs. 

But yeah, final 2 games for them will be very  telling. 

Winning 7 straight is impressive regardless of their opponents. Miami can only play who’s on their schedule.

This is the NFL. Those are still professionals out there. Anybody can beat anybody on any given day. Though it isn’t surprising to see a biased Patriots fan downplay the accomplishments of one of their rivals lmao.

• Like 8

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

19 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Winning 7 straight is impressive regardless of their opponents. Miami can only play who’s on their schedule.

This is the NFL. Those are still professionals out there. Anybody can beat anybody on any given day. Though it isn’t surprising to see a biased Patriots fan downplay the accomplishments of one of their rivals lmao.

Please refer to the Chiefs if you want to know what an impressive win streak looks like. 

• Yawn 1