2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

This Super Bowl is a bit of a weird one for choosing who to root for. 

It's really not, especially with Cincinnati wearing their best uniforms.  Had they been in all white, I may have had a little conflict here.

I'm not a "always root for the little guy" kinda guy, but I really want to see the Rams fail.  I want their throwing away of 1st round picks to blow up, I want signing OBJ to blow up, I want their funny-looking coach's hair to get messed up, and I want them to be punished by the gods of drip for having those boner uniforms (even if they won't be wearing them.)

This one's easy.

61vRU2H25eL._AC_.jpg41sf64QcD8L._AC_.jpgken-anderson-autographed-football-card-c  s-l400.jpg    

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Oddly enough I am cheering for the Bengals. I have a few close friends from college that are Bengals fans and we would always bond over our hate for the Steelers. It made me realize our fanbases had a lot in common, and they deserve to win it all after the heartache they have endured. My tune might change if they win it all and become the dominate team in the division for the next 4-5 years, but I would be happy for my friends to experience at least one Super Bowl victory. 

T1oYViW.png

2 hours ago, Sport said:

Can I make two simple pitches for the Bengals?

1. Stan Kroenke 

2. If the dang ass Cincinnati goddamn Bengals can win the f***ing Super Bowl then anyone can. 

3. It'll give Bearcats fans some form of redemption, if they follow both NFL and college ball.

I'm salty because in my heart, it should have been the Bills and it might never be their turn.

Go Rams. Go bone. Go dope uniforms. Go OBJ and Aaron Donald.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 5
  • Hate 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

It's really not, especially with Cincinnati wearing their best uniforms.  Had they been in all white, I may have had a little conflict here.

I'm not a "always root for the little guy" kinda guy, but I really want to see the Rams fail.  I want their throwing away of 1st round picks to blow up, I want signing OBJ to blow up, I want their funny-looking coach's hair to get messed up, and I want them to be punished by the gods of drip for having those boner uniforms (even if they won't be wearing them.)

This one's easy.

61vRU2H25eL._AC_.jpg41sf64QcD8L._AC_.jpgken-anderson-autographed-football-card-c  s-l400.jpg    

I definitely want more Ickey Woods up there with the giant necklace wrapped up like grandma's couch. The uniforms are a wash... both teams are pretty much wearing their best look with just a few details I don't like. Really, winning a Super Bowl in the "modern throwbacks" would hopefully be a big nail in the coffin for the regular set. Don't care what a team does with their draft picks; I tend to think draft picks are overvalued in the NFL, so a team spending them in trades actually makes me like them more. Not plugged in to off-the-field stuff enough to be annoyed by anyone that isn't beating their wife or lying about being vaccinated.

3 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Also, :censored: the Rams and Kroenke for what they did to St. Louis. I don’t care if they were stealing them back, it’s still stealing because that defense sure as hell didn’t work for OJ Simpson. 

I beg to differ, as St. Louis completely had it coming. Just one glance at @BestFansStLouis makes one wish that city similarly lost the Blues to Saskatoon way back in the day.

• Like 3
  • Yawn 2

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm salty because in my heart, it should have been the Bills and it might never be their turn.

Go Rams. Go bone. Go dope uniforms. Go OBJ and Aaron Donald.

I also am rooting for the Rams. It was fun when the Bengals were knocking out the Snatit and the Chiefs but now the realization that they might actually win the dang thing has hit and there’s no way I’m rooting for a division rival to win the Super Bowl, even if it’s the division rival I have the least animosity towards. 

• Like 1
  • Hate 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Pretty much my thoughts as well. 

Just add Stan Kronke being a human piece of :censored: and the Rams are quite easy to root against. 

• Yawn 1

7 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Pretty much my thoughts as well. 

Just add Stan Kronke being a human piece of :censored: and the Rams are quite easy to root against. 

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

This one's easy.

All of this, plus me being a Seahawks fan, makes it so terribly easy for me to root for the Bengals.

Just now, Bruhammydude said:

My Packers could've had such an easy ride to a Super Bowl win, as long as Rodgers and the special teams didn't implode. We had already beat the Rams and the Bengals, so we were likely to do it again. I just hope this wasn't our last dance just yet.

With the impending free agents & current cap hell the team is in, yeah they're done. 

There's a reason Rodgers referred to this season as the "last dance". 

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

23 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

My Packers could've had such an easy ride to a Super Bowl win, as long as Rodgers and the special teams didn't implode. We had already beat the Rams and the Bengals, so we were likely to do it again. I just hope this wasn't our last dance just yet.

That's a silly take.  Tons of teams have lost in the playoffs to teams that they beat in the regular season - even teams that they were way better than.  The 2002 Eagles come to mind - beat the Bucs in the regular season, heavily favored at home, were objectively a way better team, but then things happened (most notably Andy Reid being Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb having testicles the size of grains of sand) and they blew it.  Nobody can ever say that it was "likely" that y and z would have happened just because x did.

• Like 9

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

That's a silly take.  Tons of teams have lost in the playoffs to teams that they beat in the regular season - even teams that they were way better than.  The 2002 Eagles come to mind - beat the Bucs in the regular season, heavily favored at home, were objectively a way better team, but then things happened (most notably Andy Reid being Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb having testicles the size of grains of sand) and they blew it.  Nobody can ever say that it was "likely" that y and z would have happened just because x did.

Still felt like this was our year. I was too young for the one in 2010 (yes, I'm still only 17, I've got a long ways to go) and to watch playoff defeat after playoff defeat is soul-crushing. That being said, I do realize that I've had it good being a Packers fan, and so I hate to whine about our failures. But this year just felt special.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

4 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

Still felt like this was our year. I was too young for the one in 2010 (yes, I'm still only 17, I've got a long ways to go) and to watch playoff defeat after playoff defeat is soul-crushing. That being said, I do realize that I've had it good being a Packers fan, and so I hate to whine about our failures. But this year just felt special.

You're 17?  So then you weren't around for this - let me show you a magical moment in Packers history.  You're welcome the heart, thumbs up, or woah this post.

4-26.jpg?573

nfl_g_mitchell_576.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • WOAH 1
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, rainmaker17 said:

Don’t get the love for Burrow.  Amazing accomplishments and all that, but he just seems like an uber cocky guy.   Baker Mayfield is cut from the same cloth and  (rightfully) gets slammed.  Winning is everything, I guess. 

Yes. Johnny Manziel wasn't exiled from the league for being an :censored:; it was because he couldn't win.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, rainmaker17 said:

seems like an uber cocky guy.  

Based on what?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rainmaker17 said:

Don’t get the love for Burrow.  Amazing accomplishments and all that, but he just seems like an uber cocky guy.   Baker Mayfield is cut from the same cloth and  (rightfully) gets slammed.  Winning is everything, I guess. 

At least 10 teams would love to have Burrow right now.  Plus Baker Mayfield has dramatically regressed this year.

• Like 3