2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

3 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Other than KC and Buffalo, I can't think of a team who wouldn't love to have Burrow. Maybe the Chargers, but they'd still give it some serious thought.

A rising QB on his rookie deal is the greatest value in pro football. Burrow might actually be the best contract in the league right now.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 2/5/2022 at 8:03 AM, Red Comet said:

Also, :censored: the Rams and Kroenke for what they did to St. Louis. I don’t care if they were stealing them back, it’s still stealing because that defense sure as hell didn’t work for OJ Simpson. 

Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY, including various St. Louis governmental bodies, acted in good faith in the St. Louis stadium negotiations.  I'll just leave it at that.

Just pulled up football reference to check.  For my 27 seasons of fandom....9 playoff appearances and a WTF level 4 Super Bowl appearances.

• Like 5
  • WOAH 1
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

After the Super Bowl, will come an interesting offseason at the QB position ever.  Representing the NFC in the Pro Bowl today are two QB's who might be wearing their current team's helmets for the very last time in Russell Wilson and Kirk Cousins.  

On 2/5/2022 at 9:12 AM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm salty because in my heart, it should have been the Bills and it might never be their turn.

Go Rams. Go bone. Go dope uniforms. Go OBJ and Aaron Donald.

Obviously, I'm heavily rooting for the Rams, however this is one of the few games where I wouldn't be upset at all if the other team won (unlike the last time the Rams made the Super Bowl). The Bengals are quite a likeable team and seeing as they are one of the few remaining franchises to have never won a Super Bowl/title, they deserve to win one. 

Above all, I'm rooting for a good game. While I'd be thrilled with a LA blowout, I'd rather see a close, good game to the end.

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

17 hours ago, BBTV said:

That's a silly take.  Tons of teams have lost in the playoffs to teams that they beat in the regular season - even teams that they were way better than.  The 2002 Eagles come to mind - beat the Bucs in the regular season, heavily favored at home, were objectively a way better team, but then things happened (most notably Andy Reid being Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb having testicles the size of grains of sand) and they blew it.  Nobody can ever say that it was "likely" that y and z would have happened just because x did.

Agreed, the patriots in there undefeated season beat the giants in the regular season. They lost in the super bowl. It’s as they say “any given Sunday”

1 hour ago, rams80 said:

Just pulled up football reference to check.  For my 27 seasons of fandom....9 playoff appearances and a WTF level 4 Super Bowl appearances.

Just did a check out of curiosity at this point, Super Bowl appearances from the 1995 season onward:

New England Patriots 10

Denver Broncos 4

Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams 4

Pittsburgh Steelers 4

Green Bay Packers 3

New York Giants 3

Seattle Seahawks 3

Atlanta Falcons 2

Baltimore Ravens 2

Carolina Panthers 2

Indianapolis Colts 2

Kansas City Chiefs 2

Philadelphia Eagles 2

San Francisco 49ers 2

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2

Arizona Cardinals 1

Chicago Bears 1

Cincinnati Bengals 1

Dallas Cowboys 1

New Orleans Saints 1

Oakland Raiders 1

Tennessee Titans 1

Observations: Rams are a real feast or famine organization here: 2nd most appearances and a literal lost decade plus in the same era! LOLWTF.  The Packers, by contrast, have had a first ballot HOF QB like every season in this period, and a relatively anarchic NFC, and have fewer appearances to show for it.

Similarly the NFC West was a joke shop division for most of the 2000s/early 2010s and....has the most appearances of any NFC division and as many as the AFC East Patriots.

Tom Brady vaccuuming up all those Super Bowls totes jobbed the rest of the AFC powers out of more appearances.

Is this the part where we dunk on the Cowboys and Dan Snyder Era Washington? Yes, this is the part where we dunk on organizations that were responsible for 13 of the first 30 NFC appearances and have managed 0 since. (The Raiders' collapse is bad too, but more understandable)

• Like 2
  • WOAH 3
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think the Broncos count as "feast or famine" too.  Back-to-back appearances in '97-'98, then relative mediocrity for 16 years (and now again).

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Watching the Pro Bowl, and I'm reminded of why I usually don't watch it: they're dressed for tackle but basically playing 2 hand touch like me and my friends did in elementary school.  All they need is Mac Jones shouting "shotgun"

Honestly, just give em flag belts already if they're not making real tackles.  I'm all for not sustaining major injuries in an all star game, and I think a flag football variant with dedicated o-linemen would be interesting.  I'd just like the NFL to quit pretending the Pro Bowl is tackle football.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1 hour ago, Discrim said:

Watching the Pro Bowl, and I'm reminded of why I usually don't watch it: they're dressed for tackle but basically playing 2 hand touch like me and my friends did in elementary school.  All they need is Mac Jones shouting "shotgun"

Honestly, just give em flag belts already if they're not making real tackles.  I'm all for not sustaining major injuries in an all star game, and I think a flag football variant with dedicated o-linemen would be interesting.  I'd just like the NFL to quit pretending the Pro Bowl is tackle football.

They should make it a flag football game and put it on Nickelodeon. Kids would watch that, right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

They should make it a flag football game and put it on Nickelodeon. Kids would watch that, right?

Honestly, I’d be more likely to watch that over the current pro bowl.  A 1% chance of me tuning in is better than a 0% chance. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

On 2/5/2022 at 11:38 PM, Bruhammydude said:

Still felt like this was our year.

Narrator: It wasn't.

18 hours ago, rainmaker17 said:

Winning is everything, I guess. 

It's amazing how winning tends to make being cocky tolerable.

Mayfield gets slammed because for all the swag his team sucks. Burrow made it to the Super Bowl. Come on man. This isn't hard.

• Like 6

On 2/6/2022 at 6:26 AM, rainmaker17 said:

Don’t get the love for Burrow.  Amazing accomplishments and all that, but he just seems like an uber cocky guy.   Baker Mayfield is cut from the same cloth and  (rightfully) gets slammed.  Winning is everything, I guess. 

The dislike button was made for takes like this. If you can’t tell the difference between Baker Mayfield and Joe Burrow then I can’t explain it to you. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

7 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

The Chiefs are already in negotiations with him.

• LOL 8
  • WOAH 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 hours ago, Sport said:

The dislike button was made for takes like this. If you can’t tell the difference between Baker Mayfield and Joe Burrow then I can’t explain it to you. 

As someone who is rooting hard for Burrow and Co. to lose on Sunday… yeah. Joe Burrow is what Baker Mayfield wishes he was. There aren’t a lot of quarterbacks in the NFL I would take over Lamar Jackson… and I’m not saying I definitely would take Burrow over him. But I’m not rejecting it out of hand. Offer me Baker for Lamar and I’m laughing you out of the room. 

• Like 1

spacer.png