MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

To each their own, but if I was to wear a sports team jacket, I'd never wear the Phillies one.  Doesn't go with anything and really makes you stand out brightly.  The Blue Jays one looks like something I wouldn't feel silly wearing, outside of the fact that it's a sports-team jacket.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/30/2022 at 10:40 PM, Sharks said:

https://www.neweracap.com/Sports/MLB/TEAMS/Detroit-Tigers/c/SPOMLBTEADET?q=%3Arelevance%3Acollection%3AMLB%2BON-FIELD%2BCOLLECTION%3Astyle%3A59FIFTY&text=&filter+59FIFTY=on#toListing

has anyone noticed on New Era’s website as well as the mlb shop there seems to be an updated Detroit Tigers on field collection?

New Era is selling a “2019” version for cheaper and another “updated” full price  version however I’m having a hard time noticing any differences, maybe the D got smaller and moved up on crown a bit but it seems odd, considering they shrunk the D down from the monstrosity it was before. Has anyone heard anything? 

I noticed this as well and don’t notice anything different. No idea 

On 1/31/2022 at 9:41 PM, itsmb8 said:

Negative.  There's the dugout jacket, and the performance hoodie jacket.  Last year's both were all navy, but this year both are navy with yellow sleeves.

Now for my personal opinion, the trenchcoat is bad.  Also, what's with the v cut and pull string at the bottom back???

These seem to be offered for northern cities for the most part. They seem more like parkas that trench coats. My guess these are for early season/postseason when we get some chilly temps in those cities.

15 minutes ago, Brian E said:

it's wild to me that the astros can't tell the difference between an anniversary and an ordinal, so they just use them interchangeably. did anyone bothering counting how many seasons there were between 1962 and 2022? 

Its technically been 60 years since their first game in 1962 so its not that egregious. However, it is confusing as its their 61st year/season. They have mismatched seasons/anniversaries along with franchise years and noting years of being just called the Astros with all of their past patches.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Astros will be wearing 60th Anniversary patches on their caps and sleeves all season. The team also says there will be flashback games during the season so I would expect them to bust out retro uniforms all season long

So are they adding LSD to the beer for those games? 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, cajunaggie08 said:

Its technically been 60 years since their first game in 1962 so its not that egregious. However, it is confusing as its their 61st year/season. They have mismatched seasons/anniversaries along with franchise years and noting years of being just called the Astros with all of their past patches.

"Honor the past, celebrate the present, embrace the future. This year we celebrate 60 years as a franchise (NOPE). Celebrate with these 60th anniversary (YUP) ballcaps, available now in the Astros Team Store."

sig2024.png

4 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

This confusion happened with the Raiders 50th anniversary.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

7 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Astros will be wearing 60th Anniversary patches on their caps and sleeves all season. The team also says there will be flashback games during the season so I would expect them to bust out retro uniforms all season long

https://www.mlb.com/astros/news/astros-60th-anniversary-patch-for-2022-season

I’m not sure, but it looks very bland to me. I think they should’ve made a Tequila Sunrise themed logo like their 50 anniversary logo. 
it’s just my opinion.

• Like 1

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

8 minutes ago, Yankees78 said:

Any info on the 2022 batting practice hats yet?

This is the latest release of BP/ST hats since at least 2013...we've only seen 39thirty versions that are tonal mesh hats, and I can only find leaks for Nats and Blue Jays.  

There's a New Era tweet that says ST hats will be released in late February.   

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 hours ago, Eastport76 said:

I’m not sure, but it looks very bland to me. I think they should’ve made a Tequila Sunrise themed logo like their 50 anniversary logo. 
it’s just my opinion.

To be fair, the 60th anniversary is kind of a bland anniversary to celebrate. They were doing anniversary logos every 5 years starting with 35 until they skipped 55. I hope they skip them until they kit 75, but I'm sure in 2025 we'll get a 60th anniversary of being renamed the Astros patch,

11 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This is the latest release of BP/ST hats since at least 2013...we've only seen 39thirty versions that are tonal mesh hats, and I can only find leaks for Nats and Blue Jays.  

There's a New Era tweet that says ST hats will be released in late February.   

10 hours ago, Yankees78 said:

This the lastest I can remember with still no info

It's quite possible everything got put on hold/delayed due to the lockout.  I understand it's a different side of the business, but usually new gear is released just prior to players reporting.  With players report dates up in the air, it was probably a good decision.

6 hours ago, TBGKon said:

It's quite possible everything got put on hold/delayed due to the lockout.  I understand it's a different side of the business, but usually new gear is released just prior to players reporting.  With players report dates up in the air, it was probably a good decision.

That's a good call. If there's no real spring training, why bother releasing it at all? Let players wear 2021 ST/BP gear (or at this point, game caps/jerseys) and shelve the 2022 ST/BP line for 2023 to save on design, production, marketing. 

23 minutes ago, Bucs007 said:

That's a good call. If there's no real spring training, why bother releasing it at all? Let players wear 2021 ST/BP gear (or at this point, game caps/jerseys) and shelve the 2022 ST/BP line for 2023 to save on design, production, marketing. 

The point for New Era and the stores is to make money. The 2022 designs have already been finalized. Why would players wear 2021 stuff after the lockout ended?

On 2/9/2022 at 6:03 PM, WSU151 said:

The point for New Era and the stores is to make money. The 2022 designs have already been finalized. Why would players wear 2021 stuff after the lockout ended?

Because spring training might not even happen. It all is really determined if enough were put into production then yea that would be a loss. But if they were only designed then there really is no loss in shelving it for next year to get a full production and marketing cycle out of them.

49 minutes ago, dont care said:

Because spring training might not even happen. It all is really determined if enough were put into production then yea that would be a loss. But if they were only designed then there really is no loss in shelving it for next year to get a full production and marketing cycle out of them.

As a manufacturer you have to assume ST will happen. You have to have product ready to be worn the moment the lockout ends. It’s a safe bet teams already have the hats and just need to get that thumbs up to put the boxes of hats on their trucks. 

And then they also have to have BP caps ready at some point (which we’ve seen are just the same hats without ST logos). 

The vast majority of 20–21 ST/BP hats are sold out online, so not having a new product to sell would be a huge loss for NE and Fanatics. Fanatics has all the graphics…they just need to make the links live. 

It’s really that old saying of “better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it”

• Like 1