MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

20 minutes ago, EJ_Barlik said:

Kinda yeah - and it looks better than what happened for the 60th.....

But like someone else here said before, all these "special anniversary" patches are just for sales.

When do we realistically need them? 5th, 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th, 100th ?

I'd say even a 5th anniversary is unnecessary. 10th, 25th, 50th, 100th, and then every 25 year anniversary after that seems fair. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I'd say even a 5th anniversary is unnecessary. 10th, 25th, 50th, 100th, and then every 25 year anniversary after that seems fair. 

I'll trade you the 75th anniversary patch for 2 extra teams in the MLB playoffs....... LOL

• LOL 2

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I picked up the Rays 5950 ST hat. The mesh doesn’t bother me that much. I have a full head of dark hair so it all blends together with the dark navy mesh. Maybe blonde hair or a bald head would show through. The fit was right. I wouldn’t want this to become the norm or spread into the in game caps but for a potential one off it isn’t bad. 

20 hours ago, Yankees78 said:

Clubhouse hats starting to show up on fanatics. Only a few teams right now. 

Looks like only 39thirtys so far, but gives you an idea.  There might be black and team color versions too???

https://www.mlbshop.com/clubhouse-headwear-collection/c-8900567356+z-86478-1165675408?pageSize=72&sortOption=NewestArrivals

Men's Washington Nationals New Era Black 2022 Clubhouse 39THIRTY Flex HatMen's Detroit Tigers New Era Navy 2022 Clubhouse 39THIRTY Flex HatMen's Philadelphia Phillies New Era Red 2022 Clubhouse 39THIRTY Flex HatMen's Cleveland Guardians New Era Black 2022 Clubhouse Alternate Logo 39THIRTY Flex Hat

• Huh? 1

12 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Looks like only 39thirtys so far, but gives you an idea.  There might be black and team color versions too???

https://www.mlbshop.com/clubhouse-headwear-collection/c-8900567356+z-86478-1165675408?pageSize=72&sortOption=NewestArrivals

Men's Washington Nationals New Era Black 2022 Clubhouse 39THIRTY Flex HatMen's Detroit Tigers New Era Navy 2022 Clubhouse 39THIRTY Flex HatMen's Philadelphia Phillies New Era Red 2022 Clubhouse 39THIRTY Flex HatMen's Cleveland Guardians New Era Black 2022 Clubhouse Alternate Logo 39THIRTY Flex Hat

They had black/white versions of the 2020/21 Clubhouse hats too. 

Marlins, Rays, and Royals 2022 Clubhouse hats are posted, but they have "discontinued item/currently unavailable" tag, which I'm guessing means they're up on the site, but New Era or Fanatics doesn't want to sell them yet (seems like if they were really discontinued, Fanatics would take them down permanently). 

ff_4418882-16b7394d5e7bf486a95aalt1_full

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Those are really nice. Just got the black liberty-bell and maroon swirl-p Phillies. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Most of these are good, but this one is bad.  I'm in the minority in that I'm a fan of the flying G logo, but it doesn't translate well in black-and-white.

ff_4419010-1e97973f692266439b9c_full.jpg

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Hopefully MLB 22 The Show will retain Cleveland's previous uniforms. They can always compromise. Just replace the previous name with "Cleveland" on the 1994 Home White/Navy Alternate and 1989 Home White.

I don’t think they will. 

3 minutes ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Hopefully MLB 22 The Show will retain Cleveland's previous uniforms. They can always compromise. Just replace the previous name with "Cleveland" on the 1994 Home White/Navy Alternate and 1989 Home White.

Throwback uniforms shouldn't be included if it has to be BS versions of them, I think they have been doing that with the hats in recent games.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Well EA did eliminate all previous Washington uniforms. Sadly it looks like previous Cleveland uniforms may not be in The Show going forward.

They have throwbacks of many Indians jerseys and eliminated wahoo and replaced it with the C, so they may just write Cleveland on the homes of those throwbacks. They also photoshop classic players on their baseball card. The only issue may be that they are graphic packages of each jersey and not a simple delete text and insert new text. The game has at least a half dozen throwbacks for each team so I don’t think they’ll shortchange Cleveland. Some of the Yankees or tigers throwbacks are hard to discern from their current uniforms 

• Like 1
KISSwall09.jpg