MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

2 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Then you probably don't want to hear that Fanatics is buying Mitchell and Ness too. 

If only someone could level some kind of antitrust suit…this is getting ridiculous.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The Twins M logo is back on ST hats at least, which is cool...I always like the M (though it looks better in red outlined in white). Some other teams are using vintage logos (Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals)

The A's have kelly green ST hats (at first I thought this was the St. Patty's Day hat, but nope, it's the regular one)

Oakland Athletics New Era 2022 Spring Training 39THIRTY Flex Hat - Green

The Giants have their SF logo weirdly placed 

San Francisco Giants New Era 2022 Spring Training 39THIRTY Flex Hat - Black

I think for the Giants, the reason the SF is placed there is to show the G is a giant G, not a normal G, since they’re the giants. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • WOAH 1

The concept of the ST caps is pretty close to the Marlins' usual aesthetic so their cap is probably one of the best for this style as it's not something out of the box for them. This concept is gonna work great for some teams but not as well for others but thankfully it's not as dumb as so many recent ST/BP designs.

• Like 1

The fact they are in team colors and feature logos very much in the realm of team branding, I'm happy. There's plenty of caps that have existed where one of those things isn't true, and/or there's a gigantic gimmick.

• Like 1

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

6 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The concept of the ST caps is pretty close to the Marlins' usual aesthetic so their cap is probably one of the best for this style as it's not something out of the box for them. This concept is gonna work great for some teams but not as well for others but thankfully it's not as dumb as so many recent ST/BP designs.

This looks better than their regular caps...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

So Derek Jeter stepped down as the CEO and in that amount of time removed all the character out of their ballpark and uniforms and accomplished nothing on the field. What a schlub.

Jeter was not the primary decision maker, just part of the group that bought the Marlins.  He may have been the face, but thats it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

So Derek Jeter stepped down as the CEO and in that amount of time removed all the character out of their ballpark and uniforms and accomplished nothing on the field. What a schlub.

Just awful uniforms, completely devoid of character as you said.

3 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Remember when people were speculating that Jeter's involvement was going to somehow result in the team looking more like the Yankees? So much for that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Remember when people were speculating that Jeter's involvement was going to somehow result in the team looking more like the Yankees? So much for that. 

I’d say he did, marlins park is now lifeless, and the uniforms went from bright vibrant orange and and aqua-ish blue, to another red and blue team, and black

• Like 2

On 12/18/2021 at 5:46 PM, O.C.D said:

Are there any other MLB team names that people find problematic? 

Mets.....as the old TV commercial used to point out " What's a Met?"

On 1/1/2022 at 10:41 AM, insert name said:

Mets 60th Anniversary logo. Completely crossed my mind 2022 is suppose to be their 60th season. 

How to do a boring logo.  I would have used the baseball, the NY skyline, removed the "Mets", and inserted "60th" and then along the bridge  crossbeam: Anniversary

• LOL 2

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

6 hours ago, EJ_Barlik said:

Mets.....as the old TV commercial used to point out " What's a Met?"

How to do a boring logo.  I would have used the baseball, the NY skyline, removed the "Mets", and inserted "60th" and then along the bridge  crossbeam: Anniversary

So something like this?

New York Mets Logo Anniversary Logo (2012) - 50th Anniversary of the New York Mets SportsLogos.Net

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 hours ago, EJ_Barlik said:

They already did that during the 50th Anniversary. 

XM4KeeA.png

32 minutes ago, insert name said:

They already did that during the 50th Anniversary. 

Kinda yeah - and it looks better than what happened for the 60th.....

But like someone else here said before, all these "special anniversary" patches are just for sales.

When do we realistically need them? 5th, 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th, 100th ?

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

On 2/22/2022 at 11:31 PM, selgy said:

The Marlins ST logo should probably be their regular season hat logo

?context=bWFzdGVyfHJvb3R8MjI1Nzg2fGltYWd

Reminds me a lot of the New Era's NFL sideline caps from 2021.

ff_4226166-9b3d9365c49ca4c21a89alt1_full

But at least MLB cap logos are mostly monograms, or simpler designs. I'd assume minimalistic outlines will probably look a lot better. 

• Like 1