MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

6 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Well EA did eliminate all previous Washington uniforms. Sadly it looks like previous Cleveland uniforms may not be in The Show going forward.

If you let players dress their team as the Indians, too many of them would do it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, hormone said:

They have throwbacks of many Indians jerseys and eliminated wahoo and replaced it with the C, so they may just write Cleveland on the homes of those throwbacks. They also photoshop classic players on their baseball card. The only issue may be that they are graphic packages of each jersey and not a simple delete text and insert new text. The game has at least a half dozen throwbacks for each team so I don’t think they’ll shortchange Cleveland. Some of the Yankees or tigers throwbacks are hard to discern from their current uniforms 

I noticed around The Show 19 Chief Wahoo was missing from the sleeves/caps of the 1989 "Major League" uniforms. Also the 1948 set is missing Chief Wahoo on the sleeves (sorry not sorry I loved the 1940's Chief Wahoo on the sleeves).

The Show has the 1973 Tigers & Yankees uniforms. I personally use those in The Show because they don't have the NIKE swoosh and also the I prefer the Tigers road uniforms pre 1994. Speaking of The Show there are so many missing Road Uniforms/Alternate Uniforms from sets that drive me crazy. I could do a whole post on what's missing but we won't go there. Hopefully this year in 22 they add the missing road uniforms (Baltimore 1995/San Fransisco 1983-93/Chicago 1990-93/Milwaukee 1994-96 Alternate/San Diego 1997-2003 Alternate) in the game.

I think we'd have a lot less confusion if the threads were titled "MLB 2022 Uniform Changes" instead of just "MLB 2022". 

There's a lot of similarity in thread titles between this forum and the Sports in General forum. 

Update: Thank you to the mods for making the changes. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• TBGKon changed the title to MLB 2022 Changes

So now there's a Nike ad and some other ad.  I guess the other one will be on the sleeve?  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

So if you want to buy an authentic MLB jersey now, will it come with a cryptocurrency ad patch too?

Probably one of those deals where they only sell those at the team stores as opposed to the MLB shop.  I feel bad for collectors (actually no, I really don't) that may feel the need to get a new $400 polyester shirt every time they change the patch.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

I think we all knew ads were coming, but I’m honestly pleasantly surprised that they are limited to jerseys and batting helmets. I was sure caps would get them too. All ads are terrible, but it could have been worse. 🤷 

You're kicking punched in the back of the head and kicked in the balls, but it could have been worse! You didn't get kicked in the gut as well!

It's disgusting, baseball used to seem like the most professional sport, but between the clown uniforms (All star game, city bull :censored:) and now ad's, man it sucks.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

• CS85 changed the title to MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes
22 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Clown league

I'd watch Clown League Baseball, honestly.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 3/9/2022 at 12:49 PM, ThunderCeltic said:

Well EA did eliminate all previous Washington uniforms. Sadly it looks like previous Cleveland uniforms may not be in The Show going forward.

That’s so stupid. It’s just like the old Super Bowl highlight videos shortening Frank Herzog’s signature call to “Touchdown, Washington!” Changing the name is fine. Changing history isn’t something that can be done. 

• Like 4