MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

FOi9apVXMBANZEv?format=jpg&name=900x900

The pinstripe through the middle of the 8 bothers me way more than it should.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/20/2022 at 3:02 PM, CardsFan79 said:

Not everyone is happy with this year’s Spring Training caps.

https://twitter.com/burgatron13/status/1505368893065347074?s=21

I knew this would be an issue. I recall ranting about trucker caps for on-field for various reasons but this is a major one. Even for people without shaved domes, plastic mesh can be pretty uncomfortable during hot sunny days. The UPF fabric they used a few years back worked really well.

On 3/20/2022 at 10:31 PM, WBeltz said:

You know. It’d be cool to see Miami lean more in on pink like Inter Miami. But probably won’t see that any time soon.

excited for this though

No thanks. The Marlins unis already feel too much like a Miami Heat City Edition rip off.  I'd rather they stay away from the Vice look. Let the Heat own it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

I knew this would be an issue. I recall ranting about trucker caps for on-field for various reasons but this is a major one. Even for people without shaved domes, plastic mesh can be pretty uncomfortable during hot sunny days. The UPF fabric they used a few years back worked really well.

Seems like an easy fix for people with shaved heads is to wear sunscreen. 

I remember seeing Taijuan Walker on Twitter say he wanted mesh caps because they were so much cooler than nearly anything else on hot days. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Seems like an easy fix for people with shaved heads is to wear sunscreen. 

I remember seeing Taijuan Walker on Twitter say he wanted mesh caps because they were so much cooler than nearly anything else on hot days. 

Cause you know people really want to have to goop up their head before going out on the field.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Cause you know people really want to have to goop up their head before going out on the field.

You rub the sunscreen (lotion or spray) into the skin and it's far less goopy. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

Is there a full list of who's getting a City Connect this season? 

Not yet, but based on those Stance leaks from a few weeks ago sounds like it’ll be the Padres, Rockies and Nats for starters.

9 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

At my local Scheels they have the Cubs City Connect jerseys available, they're the blue ones from last season, but I would assume any team that had one last year would just keep their CC uniforms for the '22 season. 

Just now, BltzW said:

At my local Scheels they have the Cubs City Connect jerseys available, they're the blue ones from last season, but I would assume any team that had one last year would just keep their CC uniforms for the '22 season. 

All teams from last year will use those designs for at least three seasons. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Marlins93 said:

I have a couple of those 3930 hats with the UPF fabric and I'm probably one of the few that liked them.

13 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

I previously posted about this last year in the City Connect thread but anyways before I left my previous retail job - I looked in the inventory log as they usually list what they're buying for future inventory months or even a year ahead. Anyways these six teams City Connect hats and jerseys were listed for 2022 and so far three are right - Nationals, Royals, Padres, Brewers, Rockies, and Angels. Not sure if there is going to be anymore since I left in July of last year and that's all that was listed but I'm curious to see what else is announced as well.

11 minutes ago, LARangersFan said:

I previously posted about this last year in the City Connect thread but anyways before I left my previous retail job - I looked in the inventory log as they usually list what they're buying for future inventory months or even a year ahead. Anyways these six teams City Connect hats and jerseys were listed for 2022 and so far three are right - Nationals, Royals, Padres, Brewers, Rockies, and Angels. Not sure if there is going to be anymore since I left in July of last year and that's all that was listed but I'm curious to see what else is announced as well.

Right on! Really pumped up if the Brewers do get in on the action. As much as I hate the Cubs, I thought their CC caps were the best of the bunch. I would hope the Brewers could emulate that with the “peoples flag of Milwaukee”.

It's Me