MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

I do like the W from this design and wouldn't mind if it was applied to the normal home and road sets, but for a City Connect uniform I wish they had brought back the classic DC logo. I think it would've looked great in these colors, plus I feel like more people call the city DC rather than Washington, thus giving this set a more hometown connection 

• Like 5
SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

3 minutes ago, Moseph said:

I do like the W from this design and wouldn't mind if it was applied to the normal home and road sets, but for a City Connect uniform I wish they had brought back the classic DC logo. I think it would've looked great in these colors, plus I feel like more people call the city DC rather than Washington, thus giving this set a more hometown connection 

Yeah my only gripe is the WSH. Nobody really refers to that...it's just something you see on scorebugs.  DC would have been better.  The pink, gray and the blossoms are fantastic

• Like 7

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

48 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Yeah my only gripe is the WSH. Nobody really refers to that...it's just something you see on scorebugs.  DC would have been better.  The pink, gray and the blossoms are fantastic

I dont mind it, I am surprised that DCA was not used, as much as its the Airport code, I recall that being used a lot in the area growing up there.

DC I think is too common for what they were trying to do as Nats had DC branding at somepoint, and I miss the interlocking DC logo.

At least they did not go with WAS

I am not much of a fan of this, to be honest. From a distance, the jersey is going to mostly look dark gray, since the pink is such a light shade and is so minimally used. I don’t mind the beveling, that feels very DC, but the “WSH” abbreviation is rough. 

It’s a peculiar decision to use off-white instead of a true white, as well. I don’t know about anyone else, but when I think of the monuments in DC (which I assume the off-white & bevel is alluding to), I think of pure white & gray, like the Wizards original City uniform with the marble.

I don’t know… I think I’m just not a fan of the City program being transferred over to MLB. It kinda worked for the NBA, there were a few cool designs over the years, but even that seems to be getting worse & worse. I just don’t think it works for a sport as tradition-steeped as baseball. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, CS85 said:

I like these.  The petals on the W are too much, but the rest is actually very nice, IMHO.

washington-nationals-2022-city-connect-u

washington-nationals-2022-city-connect-u

washington-nationals-new-2022-city-conne

They should have called this series quirky connect.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I am not much of a fan of this, to be honest. From a distance, the jersey is going to mostly look dark gray, since the pink is such a light shade and is so minimally used. I don’t mind the beveling, that feels very DC, but the “WSH” abbreviation is rough. 

It’s a peculiar decision to use off-white instead of a true white, as well. I don’t know about anyone else, but when I think of the monuments in DC (which I assume the off-white & bevel is alluding to), I think of pure white & gray, like the Wizards original City uniform with the marble.

I don’t know… I think I’m just not a fan of the City program being transferred over to MLB. It kinda worked for the NBA, there were a few cool designs over the years, but even that seems to be getting worse & worse. I just don’t think it works for a sport as tradition-steeped as baseball. 

You said a lot of what I was thinking. Heck, I was just going to type that it’s either some grandma’s doiley or her fancy display towel that nobody is allowed to use.

• Like 1
KISSwall09.jpg

5 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I like them except for the WSH, which is kind of a big part of it. 

But I'm curious is there any "reason" said for choosing the gray and the off-white color? 

My best guess the Gray was the call back to the Negro League team, and the off white is the color of the monuments

Fun note - it looks like Mickey Moniak (of the Phillies, playing against the Yankees today) is wearing a faux-turtleneck tee (like Lenny Dykstra, et al, used to wear) and it looks like this one is straight from the 90s, too; Phillies wordmark at the center neck, blue batterman (without the rectangular logo outline) at left neck. Wish I had a picture.

From a 1997 card:

Learning from the mistakes of 1997 – Phillies Nation

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 3/29/2022 at 2:45 PM, MNtwins3 said:

I feel like I should hate these, but they actually look pretty nice. As long as they don't go overboard with wearing them like the White Sox did with theirs, these are a solid city connect

The white sox wore theirs 3 times. Wouldn’t call that overboard, pal.

• Like 1

Can anyone with more knowledge than me at the moment let me know if the Braves discontinued using the cream jersey, A’s dark green, Nats white with W, white with flag W, and Rays Columbia blue (normal alt not spring) jerseys or did MLB the show 22 just mess up?

KISSwall09.jpg

1 hour ago, hormone said:

Can anyone with more knowledge than me at the moment let me know if the Braves discontinued using the cream jersey, A’s dark green, Nats white with W, white with flag W, and Rays Columbia blue (normal alt not spring) jerseys or did MLB the show 22 just mess up?

Probably just a mess up on their part, as they tend to not include tons of alternates

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 5:38 PM, baseballfan2021 said:

The white sox wore theirs 3 times. Wouldn’t call that overboard, pal.

The plan was for them to use them as a regular alternate.

Not sure what conspired to limit their use to three games. Hoping that changes and we get to them more this year.

I know the Sox store sold out of City Connect jerseys in the span of hours.

• Like 2