MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

On 2022-04-08 at 8:32 PM, Lights Out said:

That would make a great full-time cap/logo for the Astros.

Totally. It ties together all the pieces of the Astros's whole brand history that matter. Not sure what the jersey equivalent would be, though. (I don't think it would be "old NASA font".)

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

That would be a nice base for a redesign for the Astros.  The only things I hate about it is "space city" and the "Astros" patch on the cap, but I get that's what they do for these.

Even the gradient looks great here, though I'd prefer for gradually changing blocks of color (kinda like the tequila sunrise uniforms) rather than a gradient. 

I also like the way they did the placket piping here, though if this was a full-time jersey, I'd rather it be more symmetrical.

I'm also pleased that they went mono navy.   I really think that monochrome looks can work in MLB, and some teams (SFG, CSX, maybe CLE?) could pull it off as a full time road look.

Overall, for what it is, it's a home run, though there are definitely some things holding it back from looking like a major-league-ready uniform.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What I really can't believe is how a team found a way to include a gradient as a significant design element...

... and the CCSLC liked it.

Also, a few days ago I claimed that it was obviously an orange uniform with navy stitched on top... By material sake, I still think that picture is correct of that, but it may have been a  great decoy by showing a prototype instead of an actual teaser. If you zoom in on the posted uniforms, the navy has the same perforations as the orange did, and the numbers (twill material) are smooth like the navy of the original teaser. Fair play Astros, thats a heck of a teaser.

• Like 3

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

50 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I actually quite like these.

I wouldn't seeing some of these aspects, namely the hat logo, being adopted to add something to the Astros lifeless regular set.

This entire set is 🔥🔥🔥…from the top down to the socks. Amazing job. 

NYCdog.png

57 minutes ago, mmejia said:

FP_XFpqX0AADhNY?format=jpg&name=large

Really dig that cap logo, and I love the pants logo. The gradient looks really cool as a number outline and even the piping, but the socks are a bit much. Not a fan of those.

Overall, not too bad...one of the better city trash jerseys.

• Like 2