MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

Kinda slipped under the radar but it’s being reported by the Tampa Bay Times and other sources that the Rays Sunday light blue alt will be changed to have the burst on the left chest instead of Rays word mark like in previous seasons.

Im honestly surprised something like this hadn’t happened sooner.

• Like 1
  • Hurl 3
  • Meh 2
  • Dislike 1

That stinks about the rays. I thought it was unique they basically had 4 color swapped jerseys…especially with their moving-wanting to move-owner forcing move situations. The light blue new one was ok for spring training, but it’s too plain now…especially without a front number (which wasn’t needed cause of their huge word mark).  Wonder if it’ll still be paired with the navy ray cap?

KISSwall09.jpg

1 hour ago, hormone said:

That stinks about the rays. I thought it was unique they basically had 4 color swapped jerseys…especially with their moving-wanting to move-owner forcing move situations. The light blue new one was ok for spring training, but it’s too plain now…especially without a front number (which wasn’t needed cause of their huge word mark).  Wonder if it’ll still be paired with the navy ray cap?

Good question, we’ll find out in a week.

I must be the only who actually likes the new light blue alt design. At the very least, I think it's a good thing that they don't just have the exact same design for every jersey in their wardrobe just in different colors, maybe because I find their "Rays" script so boring. 

• Like 2

Variety is nice and all, but that sunburst logo barely belongs on a sleeve let alone as the primary visual on the front of a jersey. It's a terrible logo. Every time I see it, it reminds me of how a comic book artist visualizes a punch. 

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

14 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Kinda slipped under the radar but it’s being reported by the Tampa Bay Times and other sources that the Rays Sunday light blue alt will be changed to have the burst on the left chest instead of Rays word mark like in previous seasons.

Im honestly surprised something like this hadn’t happened sooner.

In the end, I guess it makes sense.  Although, I'd like to see the ray on the sleeve be more predominantly featured again

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Variety is nice and all, but that sunburst logo barely belongs on a sleeve let alone as the primary visual on the front of a jersey. It's a terrible logo. Every time I see it, it reminds me of how a comic book artist visualizes a punch. 

spacer.png

Right? At least attempt to make it look more like a sun ray/burst.

sig.png

1 hour ago, Kg54mvp said:

Ugh, I hate that these City uniforms are coming to the MLB. I’m sick of it in the NBA. It dilutes the real branding.

And now ads are coming. Plus the Nike and New Era logos are everywhere and hats, jerseys cost a ridiculous amount. 

Frankly, I've given up. I'm just thankful the players don't look like NASCAR drivers.....yet.

• Like 3

In general, I like this tradition, but it's silly that players that are brand new to the team are wearing the celebratory uniform.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Moseph said:

I heard on the radio this morning that for Jackie Robinson Day this year, all jerseys will have Dodger blue number 42s instead of team colors to celebrate the 75th anniversary 

gXxT378.png

• Like 3

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

may i humbly submit that teams that use red should just eliminate the red and have gold and their other primary color for the post-title unis?

the extra gold outline just gets lost as a third color, as the red pulls your eye away. boston did the same thing when they did it. 

• Like 2

sig2024.png

18 minutes ago, Brian E said:

may i humbly submit that teams that use red should just eliminate the red and have gold and their other primary color for the post-title unis?

the extra gold outline just gets lost as a third color, as the red pulls your eye away. boston did the same thing when they did it. 

When the Phillies won, I was hoping they'd simply recolor their stars from blue to gold.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."