MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

1 hour ago, Brian E said:

may i humbly submit that teams that use red should just eliminate the red and have gold and their other primary color for the post-title unis?

the extra gold outline just gets lost as a third color, as the red pulls your eye away. boston did the same thing when they did it. 

Therein lies the main problem with the Twins’ regular home uniforms.

• Like 4

On 4/3/2022 at 6:54 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The plan was for them to use them as a regular alternate.

Not sure what conspired to limit their use to three games. Hoping that changes and we get to them more this year.

I know the Sox store sold out of City Connect jerseys in the span of hours.

I remember when they announced it would become a regular home alt last June...and then they never did. Hoping they add it into their regular alt rotation for '22!

• Like 2

I noticed some discrepancies in the Braves champions patches. You would think they’d be identical since the designs are the same on the hat and the jersey.

The hat patch has a gold outline. The jersey patch does not. The jersey has red “World Series” and “2021” text, the hat has gold. The jersey has solid gold “Champions” text, the hat has white with a subtle gold texture. The jersey has a gold outlined batterman whereas the cap has the usual batterman.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think I prefer the cap patch. It seems to read better at a distance unlike the jersey patch which is very dark. The jersey patch also makes the “A” logo stick out because there’s no other white present. Maybe a combo of the two patches would be best. Take the cap logo and make the “World Series” and “2021” text red. Then you have all the colors in there.

Overall, I really like the direction the Braves went. The gold is subtle and classy. I haven’t liked the other champion uniforms that emphasize the gold too heavily like gold wordmarks or numbers (except the Royals, that worked for them). What we got for Atlanta definitely still looks like the Braves and that works for me.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Another Astros City Connect tease:

Looks like orange numbers outlined in yellow. This should be pretty good looking. I'm hoping they include some quasars in the design like the LA Galaxy do. 

New LA Galaxy Jersey 2022 | Los Angeles Galaxy Adidas MLS Home Kit |  Football Kit News

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I’ve been wondering how the Braves will handle April 8. That’s the anniversary of Hank Aaron’s 715th home run and they usually commemorate it with the 1970s feather throwbacks. I feel like they would do that if it weren’t for the gold trimmed uniforms. But then I saw this on Twitter:

Perhaps a gold trim Aaron era throwback? My gut thinks this is just a fashion item but I’ll be curious to see when they go tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Or is it a navy star outlined in yellow on an orange background? Hmm. Confusing.

The top part of the star wouldn't have a vertical stroke...right? it'd be more A shaped. 

(though the 90's star had that italicized look and thus had a vertical stroke...so who knows)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Cubs have the 80s bear logo mowed into centerfield...just bring it back already. The charm of that nostalgia outweighs any benefit of the walking bear logo. Plus Nike could sell more home jerseys. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Apparently the Mets have dropped the Blue/Silver away jersey from their set. A little concerned now about the status of their blue jerseys. I know last season they hardly wore the home blue alternative. 

• Like 1

XM4KeeA.png

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The Cubs have the 80s bear logo mowed into centerfield...just bring it back already. The charm of that nostalgia outweighs any benefit of the walking bear logo.

Easy when the benefit of Dumpster Bear has always been zero.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫