MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

54 minutes ago, Anubis2051 said:

ST hat maybe?

Regular fitted mesh hats went on sale last year. Just a fashion hat, but we’ll probably see something similar this year. On field replica is exactly as it sounds, a replica of the Authentic Collection (that’s the important label) on field hat. 

Also, new ST hats have the new ST logo on the side. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, NashConcepts said:

Just a trucker hat version of the regular caps. Since it’s a replica it will never actually see the field. Basically a replica version using the on-field caps design is what the label means.

14 minutes ago, amazinbaseball said:

Does anyone have any info on why Nike decided to hold off on introducing a new uniform template? I thought this season they were supposed to have their own proprietary uniform system instead of continuing to use the flex base one they co-opted from Majestic.

They probably couldn't get  buy in from the players. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2/14/2022 at 2:44 PM, WSU151 said:

Mariners BP/ST hat...I'm just posting as many as I can find on Twitter until they're released (which should be this week)

That jersey in the third photo is interesting. It looks teal, not powder blue like the M's have been using since 2019. It also has a nameplate. Lately, ST/BP jerseys only last 3 seasons before they're changed. Makes me wonder if this is a new jersey.

4 minutes ago, AkSaber said:

That jersey in the third photo is interesting. It looks teal, not powder blue like the M's have been using since 2019. It also has a nameplate. Lately, ST/BP jerseys only last 3 seasons before they're changed. Makes me wonder if this is a new jersey.

Looks like the regular teal alternate jersey, with nameplates added on for the minor leaguers. Might be a new ST but can't say for sure. 

47 minutes ago, griffin128 said:

Has this been brought up? When did this arrive? And other than it and the two new Guardians caps, is that all we get this year?

Men's Arizona Diamondbacks New Era Red On-Field Alternate Authentic Collection 59FIFTY Fitted Hat

I found that hat on Fanatics a few weeks ago...not sure it's all we get. There will probably be one or two more alternates, plus at some point we'll get more info on all the new City Connect stuff. 

• Like 1

Playing the beta of MLB The Show 22 and I see that the Cleveland Guardians number font is not standard block and is the stylized font from the wordmark. It looks great and adds character to the uniforms while keeping it simple.

Here's a player shirt to give an idea.

ff_4375452-55561bdfab6c17e9c37dalt1_full

I think we all expected this, but I was just not sure how good it could look until I saw it for myself in an actual Baseball setting.

bSLCtu2.png

I’m not super crazy about the number font for Cleveland, but I haven’t seen the full set of numbers either. The NOB is a lot, a standard block font would be better there. I think legibility might be an issue from any distance.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 7:40 PM, WSU151 said:

It’s really that old saying of “better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it”

Or, as per the policy the higher ups I work under seem to have started favoring, having too much of some things and too little of other stuff 🤨

The tonal look the ST caps seem to be going for translates well for certain teams' logos, not as well for others (notably, the Cubs' version would probably have looked better with just the cub head, no roundel)

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬