MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

57 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Why wouldn't they change the color's of the A so its mostly black.

I guess it's because it's "never" black. They keep the logo the same no matter what the background is. I think this is the same concept for why logos like the Angels, Marlins, and Brewers are "always" the same color and they don't change based on the backgrounds even if they end up being the same color as the background? Just a thought.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bill0813 said:

Orioles GM Elias confirms 1,000 seats to be removed.  Here are renderings.

Wow. They could  at least  have a better transition for the left center field wall.  You have a 400ft LEFT of the 380 ft  section? Imagine trying to field a ball in that area.

• Like 1

I saw, I came, I left.

2 hours ago, DEAD! said:

Wow. They could  at least  have a better transition for the left center field wall.  You have a 400ft LEFT of the 380 ft  section? Imagine trying to field a ball in that area.

They will still have direct sight and throws to 2nd and 1st.  It shouldn't be too bad 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

6 hours ago, selgy said:

They will still have direct sight and throws to 2nd and 1st.  It shouldn't be too bad 

giphy.gif

I did not even consider that possibility. I was more concerned about the carom against the wall.

I saw, I came, I left.

9 hours ago, DEAD! said:

They compare it to PNC in Pittsburgh.  I don't know why they didn't move the lower bullpen next to the ivy wall instead.
spacer.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I like the logo on the side

I really hope all the logos aren’t just filled in as the same color as the hats with an outline.  That Nats hat would look better with a white capitol or a W. 

A couple people on here last year said the ‘22 ST hats would be mesh, and they were right. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 1/8/2022 at 12:13 PM, BBTV said:

The only thing that makes it stand out anymore is its backdrop with the warehouse in right field and "skyline" of Baltimore. 

That warehouse is as iconic to me as the green monster or the ivy at Wrigley. I'm sure it helped that it was the centerpiece for Cal Ripken's "countdown," and that the Sox and Cubs were terrible at the time. I guess you could argue that the closed concourses actually make it more "authentic" than all the other neo retro parks. 

Granted, I grew up going to County Stadium. Am I happy that Miller Park has open concourses? Of course. But I live in Chicago now, and New Comiskey, for all of its negatives, reminds me of the ballparks I visited in my youth. 

• Like 8

I'm a little confused by these jerseys the Twins gave to their new international signings.  First, I've never seen the road script used on a red jersey before. Then some of these look like low-grade custom jobs: the Rawlings ones have no piping on the collar, nor numbers on the front. I'm not into reading into anything with these. I just find the choice to be an odd one. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm a little confused by these jerseys the Twins gave to their new international signings.  First, I've never seen the road script used on a red jersey before. Then some of these look like low-grade custom jobs: the Rawlings ones have no piping on the collar, nor numbers on the front. I'm not into reading into anything with these. I just find the choice to be an odd one. 

spacer.png

None of them have the Swoosh, so I don't know what to make of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

spacer.png

They might be jerseys used by the Florida Complex League (former Gulf Coast League) team.  I know that some teams use slimplified jerseys that look like the MLB clubs and others use BP or spring training jerseys.  

For example, here's a home jersey for the Rays team:

MiLB-080918-0725-MJ.jpg