MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

I really love that style, which is why I love most of the late '60s - early '80s hockey logos.  The "A" is awesome too.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

28 minutes ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

Am I crazy, or did they finally get the Dodgers B right?

You're not crazy, this is only the second time it's been right. I'm told JRD a few years ago as well. But you still can't find the proper one for sale except for the '47 one that's been correct for almost a decade now. 

• Like 3

Anubis.png

On 8/11/2022 at 4:17 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Thanks for the warning about Custom Throwback Jerseys.

And you are right about the unparalleled utility of Bill Henderson's information. Though the language nerd in me compels me mention that you mean to say "I cannot overstate the wonders", meaning: no matter what superlatives you use, you will not be overstating the matter.

I'm going to throw my two cents in about this. Custom Throwbacks is a great site to work with. I've purchased a couple of jerseys and they were excellent and the service was excellent. Not everything on the site is correct, but if it's not right for you, bypass it. Overall they are pretty good for their work and knowing I can get a quality jersey from them versus the ridiculous prices at Mitchell and Ness who aren't that much better or the price of a current MLB authentic, Custom Throwbacks is a good place to go. 

I will also say that Bill Henderson's book is an excellent resource.

19 hours ago, mjarvie said:

I'm going to throw my two cents in about this. Custom Throwbacks is a great site to work with. I've purchased a couple of jerseys and they were excellent and the service was excellent. Not everything on the site is correct, but if it's not right for you, bypass it. Overall they are pretty good for their work and knowing I can get a quality jersey from them versus the ridiculous prices at Mitchell and Ness who aren't that much better or the price of a current MLB authentic, Custom Throwbacks is a good place to go. 

I will also say that Bill Henderson's book is an excellent resource.

I'm very confused about that site.  Are they licensees of the pro sports leagues and the players associations?  Wouldn't that be necessary to not be a bootleg store?  There's nothing that indicates they are.  The fact that their 1995 NFL jerseys don't have the shield is an indicator that they're bootleg, and are stealing trademarked team logos.

Their CCM hockey jerseys - are they just making jerseys and putting a bootleg CCM logo on them?  The desciptions make it sound like the modern ones ('90s and up) are legit CCM jerseys with the crests already applied, but how can that be?

Also, sizes on some things are S, M, L, when typically authentic jerseys were numbered (46, 48, 52, etc.)

Their Phillies jerseys are horrendous, with era-mismatched wordmarks and crests, incorrect NOBs, Frankenstein jerseys, etc.  But a lot of other things I saw looked really good and, on the surface, legit.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/16/2022 at 8:18 PM, BBTV said:

I'm very confused about that site.  Are they licensees of the pro sports leagues and the players associations?  Wouldn't that be necessary to not be a bootleg store?  There's nothing that indicates they are.  The fact that their 1995 NFL jerseys don't have the shield is an indicator that they're bootleg, and are stealing trademarked team logos.

Their CCM hockey jerseys - are they just making jerseys and putting a bootleg CCM logo on them?  The desciptions make it sound like the modern ones ('90s and up) are legit CCM jerseys with the crests already applied, but how can that be?

Also, sizes on some things are S, M, L, when typically authentic jerseys were numbered (46, 48, 52, etc.)

Their Phillies jerseys are horrendous, with era-mismatched wordmarks and crests, incorrect NOBs, Frankenstein jerseys, etc.  But a lot of other things I saw looked really good and, on the surface, legit.

Yeah, that store is a mess. I looked up a few teams I'm familiar with when it comes to authentic and replica jerseys and AT BEST it is a lot of bizarre mix and match going on. It's possible that a lot of the jerseys are legit blanks that someone came across but that seems highly unlikely. For example they've got 2010's Rockies jerseys on Majestic replicas that were retailing at like $75 for blanks listed at $195 with player name and number. The lettering looks pretty good but the pictures aren't good enough to know for sure. They have an Alex Gordon Royals on what is a double knit authentic base but it has less convincing name and number quality. Chiefs jerseys are all over the place, inaccurate number fonts, Larry Johnson Wilson authentic that he never wore, Priest Holmes Reebok Authentic that looks pretty close to the one I have in my closet. It's all really confusing and I wouldn't have any faith that I'm getting a good product based on their photos and inconsistency and they are still quite pricey.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

On 8/18/2022 at 12:17 PM, JTernup said:

Yeah, that store is a mess. I looked up a few teams I'm familiar with when it comes to authentic and replica jerseys and AT BEST it is a lot of bizarre mix and match going on. It's possible that a lot of the jerseys are legit blanks that someone came across but that seems highly unlikely. For example they've got 2010's Rockies jerseys on Majestic replicas that were retailing at like $75 for blanks listed at $195 with player name and number. The lettering looks pretty good but the pictures aren't good enough to know for sure. They have an Alex Gordon Royals on what is a double knit authentic base but it has less convincing name and number quality. Chiefs jerseys are all over the place, inaccurate number fonts, Larry Johnson Wilson authentic that he never wore, Priest Holmes Reebok Authentic that looks pretty close to the one I have in my closet. It's all really confusing and I wouldn't have any faith that I'm getting a good product based on their photos and inconsistency and they are still quite pricey.

I never said the place was perfect. I just know that what I purchased was top notch quality. Stuff like manufacturer logos, I could care less about. If it's quality, it's quality. Again, there are things on there that I know are wrong (striping on California Angels '80's jerseys), but there's still some quality stuff there. If there is something I see that is wrong, I won't purchase it. Heck, it's why I won't buy an Angel or Dodger current replica from MLB as they don't have front numbers. Be picky, because that's what will make you happy with your purchases. There are also people out there that aren't as picky as we are, that would enjoy a jersey with a wrong number font or manufacturer logo on it.

23 hours ago, mjarvie said:

I never said the place was perfect. I just know that what I purchased was top notch quality. Stuff like manufacturer logos, I could care less about. If it's quality, it's quality. Again, there are things on there that I know are wrong (striping on California Angels '80's jerseys), but there's still some quality stuff there. If there is something I see that is wrong, I won't purchase it. Heck, it's why I won't buy an Angel or Dodger current replica from MLB as they don't have front numbers. Be picky, because that's what will make you happy with your purchases. There are also people out there that aren't as picky as we are, that would enjoy a jersey with a wrong number font or manufacturer logo on it.

In other words, you are advocating people buying fakes.

Also seems incredibly suspicious that you joined JUST to post that, and your only two posts are to defend a store. Seems like you're being a shill for that store.

• Like 8

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

https://www.customthrowbackjerseys.com/don-drysdale-brooklyn-dodgers-majestic-cooperstown-throwback-baseball-jersey/

The Dodgers never wore a white jersey with Brooklyn on it…yet I keep seeing it in places labeled as authentic. C’mon, man!

see above for the discussion regarding that shady website. they're a bunch of crooks

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• 2 weeks later...