Staples Center - 1999-2021

LMU

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I can't believe that a strip-mall store full of crappy office chairs and notebooks in every color is what feels sacred to me here, but yeah.

Β 

I thought the same thing. Staples Center was always one of the more elegant corporate names. The s on the end of Staples bleeds into the C on center so it sounds like Staple Center, which sounds like you're talking about a staple of the community. It's like United Center or Great American Ballpark - you could forget that a corporation bought the naming rights and pretend that they just decided to call it that.Β 

Β 

"Crypto.com Arena" is just really bleak. It sounds like a joke in a movie about the future. No massaging the awfulness out of that in any possible way.Β 

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's kind of amazing Staples was able to hang onto the naming rights for this long.Β  I went to Staples last year to get my vaccine card laminated and I feel like I was the first customer they'd seen in years.Β 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 minute ago, CS85 said:

It's kind of amazing Staples was able to hang onto the naming rights for this long.Β  I went to Staples last year to get my vaccine card laminated and I feel like I was the first customer they'd seen in years.Β 

Β 

I was going to say the same.

Β 

Staples was as cool a brand you could have for office supplies in the early 2000s. They had those easy button commercials and they felt like an upgrade over the more standard, boring office suppy stores before them. And if that sounds ridiculous, you were never dragged to an office supply store before Staples at least had a small video game section.

Β 

It was a matter of time that Staples would go away. Crypto.com is pretty bad. Expectedly so, all things considered.

Β 

Sad day for stadium naming rights.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

22 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Β 

It's also kind of amazing that a stadium in the naming-rights era had become such a (pardon the pun) staple that we're now lamenting its change.Β 

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Β 

I was going to say the same.

Β 

Staples was as cool a brand you could have for office supplies in the early 2000s. They had those easy button commercials and they felt like an upgrade over the more standard, boring office suppy stores before them. And if that sounds ridiculous, you were never dragged to an office supply store before Staples at least had a small video game section.

Β 

It was a matter of time that Staples would go away. Crypto.com is pretty bad. Expectedly so, all things considered.

Β 

Sad day for stadium naming rights.

Β 

Also, it's bull :censored: they let Alex Caruso go to save luxury tax dollars and then do this.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Every sports fan in the 1990s: They're changing the name of (insert legendary stadium name) to (insert company name) Center? That's sacrilegious!!!

Every sports fan in the 2020s: They're changing the name of (insert company name) Center to (insert different company name) Center? That's sacrilegious!!!

I was just amazed that the Staples Center logo did not change even after the company had changed its logo.

I really don't know how this whole cryptocurrencyΒ  is going to pan out even five years from now. I don't even know what cryptocurrency is supposed to do.At least Staples offers something tangible.Β 

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived