DCarp1231

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

“We asked our fans* what they wanted to see.”

* fans being only the patrons of the DC metro area Mission BBQs

spacer.png

DMV fans must love the crap Nike does for each year's Army-Navy game

6uXNWAo.png

19 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

This is exactly what happens when you have a Dan Snyder team rebrand. This franchise needs to be contracted and replaced with, IDK, a team in Anchorage or London.

Pay the Rock to use the DC Defenders name in the NFL. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BJ Sands said:

The swooshies are trying to bring the European soccer aesthetic to the NFL, with the multiple uniforms having different designs. 

Well it worked great for basketbOH NO

• Like 9
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

6 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Pay the Rock to use the DC Defenders name in the NFL. 

Hell, I'd have taken a name like Warthogs or something. At least that has the connection to the 80's and early 90's WFT and the last truly prestigious period of the team's history before moving to FedEx and Snyder getting his mitts on it.

"Washington Commanders" sounds like a friggin' made up team you'd see in like Tecmo Bowl or something because the devs couldn't get the NFL rights.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

You know that point in the design process where the client gets pitched a bunch of differing concepts to help narrow things down and find a cohesive direction. These look like they came from that meeting, and Dan Snyder said "Yeah, fine, I'll take all of those, done" and then went back to browsing one of his folders of cheerleader upskirt pics.

I think you’re on to something

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

For all the people who complained about how the Cleveland Guardians played it safe, this is exactly why "playing it safe" is a better option sometimes. Especially when an owner like Dan Snyder continuously leads the team to the pits.

Not that 'Commanders' is an awful name. The execution after coming up with the name is where Washington went wrong here.

Cleveland decided to freshen up their previous look, but nothing too far from what their fans and baseball were used to. You look at the uniforms and you can say "That looks like Cleveland baseball"

Washington, while knowing they had to go in a different direction, went in a far different direction. They saw the Rams and trends in the college game and tried to 1-up them all. And ya, I'm sure Nike told Snyder "kids will like em", while totally neglecting what 99% of what their fanbase was actually asking for. FAIL FAIL FAIL. I'm sorry Washington fans. This sucks for you.

• Like 17

6uXNWAo.png

22 minutes ago, Moseph said:

Huge downgrade across the board. Here's to hoping that they wake up in 5 years and bring back the classic Football Team uniforms.

Its a shame that they got rid of the unique two stripe sleeve pattern and ripped off the Chiefs sleeve stripes on the burgundy jerseys. And why can't teams just use a traditional block font right? That would help this set out a lot. What a way to celebrate 90 years of this franchise.

That's the real kicker...a franchise that's been around for 90 years resorting to garbage like this.

• Like 17

Just now, mjd77 said:

That's the real kicker...a franchise that's been around for 90 years resorting to garbage like this.

It's like if the Yankees or Habs decided they needed to "modernize" their look and scrapped pretty much everything that fans love about their uniforms in the process. That :censored:ing black jersey is godawful. Pure BFBS.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:
1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

Uh huh. I'm what's known in the current indigenous parlance as a "breed."  That means I'm half white and half "Indian." I bet you wouldn't be comfortable calling me that former Washington team name to my face. In case you're still wondering, that's why the old name and uniform had to go.

I know why it had to go, and I'm glad it's gone.  I will also miss the uniform they wore up until the 2021 season, because it was beautifully designed. Why is a mod trying to pick a fight? I said nothing indicating their former identity should have stayed. You gonna go into the Prettiest Super Bowl thread and harass everyone who mentioned a SB Washington's been in?

If you saw  my post as "trying to pick a fight" you were looking for something that wasn't there. My point was simple, if the team's name is a slur that you (and by you I mean the royal you) wouldn't call someone to their face, it's a bad team name and it needs to go. When someone said that name was the reason it's gone, your exact words were "don't care." What would you think if you were me and you saw that response?

• Like 7

BB52Big.jpg

7 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Aside from retaining burgundy and yellow, Nike and Snyder, "Snyke", treated this entire project like they would a goddamn expansion team

• Like 9

6uXNWAo.png

18 minutes ago, Cujo said:

DMV fans must love the crap Nike does for each year's Army-Navy game

The military stuff that Nike does for the military academy usually does get wide approval from the Pentagon/Andrews/Belvoir crowd. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.