NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

On 2/12/2022 at 8:34 PM, Cujo said:

🤢🤢

FLcHVMqUUAAlqqW?format=jpg&name=large

This would inevitably lead to a mass of memes that are just putting player's faces on the front part of the Cardinals logo.

Cards don't need to change their helmet. Just simplify the uniform, they are a perfect candidate for a Nike bare bones rebrand as opposed to the Nike over-thinking the obvious rebrand.

• Like 14
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2

On the topic of the Cardinals’ uniforms, it should be so simple. All they literally need is a red jersey with white numbers and a white jersey with red numbers and don’t touch the helmet. Add some stripes to the pants, put the flag on the chest if you must and stop right there. Imagine a red/white version of the Raiders.

If they wanna do a little more, I think they should change the logo’s beak to copper because that’s really closer to the color of a cardinal’s beak and add a pair of copper pants as a sort of fauxback old-timey alternate look. Pardon the shameless plug, but this the last concept I put together for  Arizona with the general idea of what I’d like to see:

spacer.png

Looking back, the sun ray stripes pointing directly to the players junk is an unfortunate mistake, but you get the idea. I could also take or leave the yoke.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I'm genuinely fascinated by the diverse array of ideas and thoughts on this board regarding the Cardinals, one of the most perplexing franchises in NFL history. 

It's tied for the status as the NFL's oldest franchise, yet it has one of its all-time worst winning percentages. Other than serving as a bookend to Kurt Warner's storybook career, it has to be among the league's most easy-to-forget franchises for people outside its core fan base. (Growing up in the '80s, they were one of those teams that only existed in the highlights. They only made the playoffs sparingly -- twice in the early 70s, before I was born, and just once in the '80s -- so I never saw them on TV.) 

So other than being really old, what legacy are they trying to build upon? This would seemingly make them a candidate for a complete soup-to-nuts overhaul. Yet for some reason, I can't help but want them to hew close to the clean and simple look of those largely forgettable '70s and '80s teams. It doesn't make sense, but there it is. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

On the topic of the Cardinals’ uniforms, it should be so simple. All they literally need is a red jersey with white numbers and a white jersey with red numbers and don’t touch the helmet. Add some stripes to the pants, put the flag on the chest if you must and stop right there. Imagine a red/white version of the Raiders.

If they wanna do a little more, I think they should change the logo’s beak to copper because that’s really closer to the color of a cardinal’s beak and add a pair of copper pants as a sort of fauxback old-timey alternate look. Pardon the shameless plug, but this the last concept I put together for  Arizona with the general idea of what I’d like to see:

spacer.png

Looking back, the sun ray stripes pointing directly to the players junk is an unfortunate mistake, but you get the idea. I could also take or leave the yoke.

Sunburst pattern to the yoke and then it shows up on both jerseys, doesn't highlight the crotch, and isn't overdesigned garbage.

12 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

This would seemingly make them a candidate for a complete soup-to-nuts overhaul.

One could argue they did that. Their current identity is straight out of the "in" design trends of the 2000s. Piping everywhere. A custom number font that might as well be block but isn't quite block. Tapered multi-coloured  pants stripes. A new wordmark that looks exactly like every other wordmark from that era

The Cardinals went to their current identity in 2005 and it's a VERY modern identity by 2005 standards. 

And it's never really fit them. You're right. This is a team that, despite not having much to celebrate, feels like they should have a uniform that veers toward simple and classy. They're the oldest team in the NFL and even with the less than glamorous history they have they should look it. 

There are teams in the league that can experiment and push boundaries. The team established in 1898 shouldn't be one of them. 

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

One side of me wants to keep them traditional. But I always thought they should add silver to their color scheme. Then years later someone on here posted about the desert cardinal of Arizona and it sealed it for me. Add silver. If the Falcons refuse to do it, the Cardinals should.

spacer.png

That's a gorgeous-looking bird. However, I have my doubts that the colors would translate as well to a football uniform. I'm willing to be proven wrong. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

This is pretty close. Just add some yellow for the beak color.

spacer.png

I can see how it's close, but to be honest, it doesn't look fundamentally different from what they've always worn, color-wise anyway. It just goes from white to a slightly off-white. 

If the Cardinals go down the "desert gray" path, I fear they'd be inviting another "bone" situation. 

43 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

One side of me wants to keep them traditional. But I always thought they should add silver to their color scheme. Then years later someone on here posted about the desert cardinal of Arizona and it sealed it for me. Add silver. If the Falcons refuse to do it, the Cardinals should.

spacer.png

It's interesting that the desert cardinal actually has a yellowish beak, as opposed to the red beaks of... non-desert cardinals.

134123283.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

5 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I can see how it's close, but to be honest, it doesn't look fundamentally different from what they've always worn, color-wise anyway. It just goes from white to a slightly off-white. 

If the Cardinals go down the "desert gray" path, I fear they'd be inviting another "bone" situation. 

I've been under the impression that if the Cardinals were to use the desert cardinal theme. then they would use the same sand color that the Padres use on their road uniforms.  

Official San Diego Padres Jerseys, Padres Baseball Jerseys, Uniforms |  MLBshop.com

spacer.png

• Like 7

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

I've been under the impression that if the Cardinals were to use the desert cardinal theme. then they would use the same sand color that the Padres use on their road uniforms.  

Official San Diego Padres Jerseys, Padres Baseball Jerseys, Uniforms |  MLBshop.com

spacer.png

You're probably right, but despite how nice it looks on the actual bird, I question how well it would pair with red as primary colors on a uniform. I could maybe see it working as a tertiary color, with white and red remaining the primaries. But even then, I fear it would be an unnecessary addition. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

You're probably right, but despite how nice it looks on the actual bird, I question how well it would pair with red as primary colors on a uniform. I could maybe see it working as a tertiary color, with white and red remaining the primaries. But even then, I fear it would be an unnecessary addition. 

Crimson and white pair well with gray...I'd assume it'd look pretty good even if the gray was more brown/sandish

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

spacer.png

Is this the only picture of this particular species of bird that exists?  Every time someone brings up the idea of adding beige/gray to Arizona color scheme this is the reference picture.   At this point, it's almost the Arizona Cardinals version of the infamous gold jersey Rams painting.

• Like 6
  • LOL 11

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Is this the only picture of this particular species of bird that exists?  Every time someone brings up the idea of adding beige/gray to Arizona color scheme this is the reference picture.   At this point, it's almost the Arizona Cardinals version of the infamous gold jersey Rams painting.

On 2/12/2022 at 3:05 PM, MJD7 said:

eVIR23I.jpg

13 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

spacer.png

Different (but very similar) pictures.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2