NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

25 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, I don't get this board's obsession with the Cardinals and the Arizona state flag.

And yet the board gave the Flames crap for their flags.  It's the same thing really.  If you want the flag, incorporate the design into a sleeve patch in team colors.

• Like 4

VmWIn6B.png

6 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

This is 100% my favorite Cardinals redesign that I’ve seen. Using the state flag colors without being painfully obvious about using the state flag.

spacer.png

(fairly certain this is from someone on these boards, but I don’t know who)

The people of Germany especially like it.

spacer.png

The concept itself is nice, I'd just prefer blue instead of black and the no white collar on red jersey.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 1

3 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The people of Germany especially like it.

spacer.png

The concept itself is nice, I'd just prefer blue instead of black and the no white collar on red jersey.

It’s blue, it’s also in reverse order. They are nothing alike.

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, I don't get this board's obsession with the Cardinals and the Arizona state flag.

I don't like it either, but it was on the original Away uniform I'm referencing, and with Arizona's horrendous color palette, it's an element that has existed in the team's history that allows for another design detail, and one that provides color.

10 minutes ago, Volt said:

I don't like it either, but it was on the original Away uniform I'm referencing, and with Arizona's horrendous color palette, it's an element that has existed in the team's history that allows for another design detail, and one that provides color.

Best cards uniform that they should use as a basis for a redesign.

spacer.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Best cards uniform that they should use as a basis for a redesign.

spacer.png

How exactly would they cram the numbers, cardinal, and state flag onto the sleeves? With today’s uniform trends, they’d likely only pick one of those elements.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Volt said:

For the Cardinals, it really is not complicated:

AP_393457713350.JPG042304PatTILLMAN1.jpg?w=620

Start here and slightly modify. 

HOME

- move TV numbers to shoulders

- add PVC patch of state flag to sleeve caps
- military-style name patch or team patch on left chest

- updated, but mostly wide block-style numbers
- Cardinals logo on right hip of pant, or on top of narrowed pant stripes on outer hip

- add subtle details elsewhere if desired:  inside back neck,  back neck patch, thin sock stripes, or, at worst, team name above front number

AWAY

- use sleeve stripe pattern as the cuff stripe (like LSU)

- use PVC patch of state flag on sleeve caps

- match font to home jersey

- match subtle detailing to home jersey

- wear White pant with away jersey, possibly stripeless (don't need stripes on both jersey & pants)

- add Cardinals logo to pant front hip opposite Swoosh or on top of stripes on outer hips

- maintain sock stripes

ALT

- "Desert" alts:  copper, sand, coyote brown, black, slate or red blend.  Have seen some really decent concepts of this, namely this one:

@SansfordAndSuns-2.jpeg

Simple, easy, very effective update.  

They'll muck it up, though.

That just sounds like a simplified version of Washington's black military dress-up. Please, no more "Military style" patches. Just because Pat Tillman was in the Army doesn't mean the Cardinals need to pay homage to it through their uniforms.

- wear White pant with away jersey, possibly stripeless (don't need stripes on both jersey & pants)

spacer.png

• Like 13

spacer.png

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

How exactly would they cram the numbers, cardinal, and state flag onto the sleeves? With today’s uniform trends, they’d likely only pick one of those elements.

I'll take the numbers on the shoulders and the stripes on the sleeves. If the Packers can do it, so can the Cardinals 

spacer.png

• Like 4

spacer.png

6 hours ago, LMU said:

And yet the board gave the Flames crap for their flags.  It's the same thing really.  If you want the flag, incorporate the design into a sleeve patch in team colors.

To make it more Arizona-ish since they were a St. Louis and Chicago team beforehand. Gotta have the local flavor for an animal team. 

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

That's why I said basis. The best thing on this uniform is the white primary, striping patterns, and incorporation of black trim that enhances the overall uniform. No need for the bird if it's on the helmet. Also could try get creative with the flag or scrap it. TV numbers are now optional so I challenge someone on this board to use this uniform as inspiration for a modernized concept.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

This is 100% my favorite Cardinals redesign that I’ve seen. Using the state flag colors without being painfully obvious about using the state flag.

spacer.png

(fairly certain this is from someone on these boards, but I don’t know who)

Arizona Cardinals X Calgary Flames

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoXJMEK1toSsWfL--7Ici

18 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

TV numbers on the red jersey, cardinal head on the white jersey. Sublimate the flag pattern into the numerals only. Use a very simple and consistent striping pattern. If you’re feeling bold, substitute cream for white. Done. 

• Yawn 1

5 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

TV numbers on the red jersey, cardinal head on the white jersey. Sublimate the flag pattern into the numerals only. Use a very simple and consistent striping pattern. If you’re feeling bold, substitute cream for white. Done. 

Say /sarcasm right now

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • WOAH 1