NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

The Cowboys have 99 uniform problems but their facemask ain't one.

• Like 30
  • LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, MJD7 said:

This is probably a hot take around here, but I honestly think a black alternate like this could work really well for Washington, if executed properly (which I admit is a big if). The color scheme is really works for it. Unfortunately, although I really like the burgundy numbers on the black base, it could potentially run into some legibility issues. The gold outline might help, though.

2 hours ago, kmccarthy27 said:

I take back my earlier comment about a black alternate possibly working.

That is definitely legit too, because it all lines up: the random squares design, the segmented & pointy numbers… 

Carbon fiber camo like that feels so early 2010’s, I’m honestly shocked to see they seem to be going with it.

8 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Yes. The Steelers too.

Bears- Grey

Raiders- Black

Cowboys- Navy Blue

Steelers- Grey

I really don't understand why some people want the Raiders to have a black facemask. The Raiders should never mess with their look, but if they have to, all they should ever do is have black pants for an all black alternate but even that feels like it's going too far. Just leave it alone.

• Like 11

bSLCtu2.png

On 1/27/2022 at 5:49 PM, DCarp1231 said:

From the teasers, the burgundy jersey looks relatively sane in comparison to other recent new uniform unveilings.

I trust Washington’s player opinions on this new set

Welp

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 2/1/2022 at 11:45 AM, McCall said:

Have! For the love of all that is holy and good in this world, could HAVE, would HAVE, should HAVE! (Or could'VE, would'VE, should'VE)

(Unless I'm missing something and you were intentionally being facetious with your miswording.)

It was a typo. Apologize for that.

10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I really don't understand why some people want the Raiders to have a black facemask. The Raiders should never mess with their look, but if they have to, all they should ever do is have black pants for an all black alternate but even that feels like it's going too far. Just leave it alone.

I wouldn’t mind if teams added face masks to change them as often as they want. The Jets did it a few years ago, then the Bills when they went to white, and the Chiefs when they wear their throwbacks. I’d like teams having as many face masks as possible to create more combos 

• Like 2

On 1/28/2022 at 3:43 PM, DCarp1231 said:

After all the evidence that has been presented, this is the definitive Cowboys pants color

spacer.png

Your honor, I'd like to call @TruColor to the stand.......

• Like 1

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

On 2/3/2022 at 11:09 AM, EJ_Barlik said:

Your honor, I'd like to call @TruColor to the stand.......

Well...unfortunately, the NFL did NOT update the official Pantone Textile color when Nike updated the pant color. So, it COULD be that color now; who knows? Nike changed it to something else, and Nike fabric colors aren't provided (for some unexplained reason) in the official color specs.

Still listed as "Silver-Green".

On 2/2/2022 at 3:26 PM, MGoBlue98 said:

I wouldn’t mind if teams added face masks to change them as often as they want. The Jets did it a few years ago, then the Bills when they went to white, and the Chiefs when they wear their throwbacks. I’d like teams having as many face masks as possible to create more combos 

More combos means more crappy looks.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I was doing a league rank of every uniform today and this occurred to me. Am I correct that the Patriots are the only team in the league with only 2 uni combos? (Standard home and away)*

*At least, until their Red throwbacks debut

Chiefs. Unless you count their all red look as a third combo