NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

If the Saints do a satin/matte White helmet to wear with their Color Rush alts....

*chef's kiss*

Hopefully an alternate for Arizona means they're finally getting all new uniforms period.  I can't believe Kyler would be going into this 3rd season still hating their uniforms. 

Would be a treat to finally see Philly wearing the Kellys.

It would be nice if Carolina did a blue helmet instead of BFBS.

Cincy's gotta be the White Bengal Tiger gimmick.  

1 hour ago, Volt said:

If the Saints do a satin/matte White helmet to wear with their Color Rush alts....

*chef's kiss*

Hopefully an alternate for Arizona means they're finally getting all new uniforms period.  I can't believe Kyler would be going into this 3rd season still hating their uniforms. 

Would be a treat to finally see Philly wearing the Kellys.

It would be nice if Carolina did a blue helmet instead of BFBS.

Cincy's gotta be the White Bengal Tiger gimmick.  

Is it BFBS if their primary uniforms are already black?

• Like 3

I'm hearing from the Cardinals message board I'm on that the Cardinals are indeed getting new alt helmets - supposedly being delivered this Wednesday to the Cards' HQ.

What I've been able to put together, is that they *might* be Black, with Red facemasks. To be used with the Color Rush and Black alt jerseys.

• Hurl 2

If the second helmet is true for Carolina, I would want it to be black. I think that would look better with their look than the blue. 

And here's hoping that if the black helmet is well received, they'll replace the silver helmets as the primary.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Why do I have a feeling that all alt helmets that aren’t throwbacks will be black or white (though the Chargers might have a navy helmet but who knows)

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, TruColor said:

I'm hearing from the Cardinals message board I'm on that the Cardinals are indeed getting new alt helmets - supposedly being delivered this Wednesday to the Cards' HQ.

What I've been able to put together, is that they *might* be Black, with Red facemasks. To be used with the Color Rush and Black alt jerseys.

I shouldn’t be surprised, but I still am that they manage to keep digging in their heels on what was easily the worst look in the NFL until some football team in the nation’s capital (who shall remain nameless, irony very much intended) decided to puke out a 0/10 set. 

I’m not sure how to fix the Cardinals besides just giving them plain red and white jerseys with single color block numbers like they’ve done in the past (read: the most boring football uniform possible), but they need a change in the worst way possible. And now is the perfect time to change, because no matter what they put out, it can’t be the worst set in the league. 

EDIT: In agreement with my Unpopular Opinions post, after a quick skim of GUD I’ve come to the conclusion that the Cardinals have never actually had a good uniform in their history going forward from like 1970 when football uniforms could be more than just a single color block number on a solid color jersey. So yeah, not even what I outlined above would work. It would take the Cardinals from 31st in the league to maybe 28th just based on sheer boringness. 

• Like 4
  • Hurl 1

spacer.png

The cardinals should be wearing a recolored Jags set, and the jags should be in something a little… more. 

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really, really hate that alternate helmets are apparently a thing. I don’t mind throwback helmets, (and I assume most of these alternate helmets won’t be throwbacks) but one of the few design things the NFL has gotten completely right was their rule of having a single helmet.

The helmets are arguably the NFL’s biggest team identifier and the NFL has been rightfully consistent with that. 

We are about to see some truly horrendous uniforms, which began with the awful Washington BFBS alts. 

• Like 8

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

On 2/5/2022 at 9:09 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I've generally been curious about the Bears deploying this combination on Thanksgiving Day.

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=single-weekly&game_id=1934_CHI-DET^13

Solid white helmet. White jersey with the classic stripes and solid navy block numbers. Canvas colored pants. Blue socks with orange stripes. 

That against the Lions classic throwbacks would be a visual feast.

I'll pass on any Bears white helmet.  I'll play ball on the canvas pants, maybe.

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

19 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Why do I have a feeling that all alt helmets that aren’t throwbacks will be black or white (though the Chargers might have a navy helmet but who knows)

That is exactly what is going to happen sadly. Black so all the fans on social media can but flame emojis and talk about a black out and white so they can post icy emojis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bathysphere said:

Request for shameless plug processing.

Request for shameless plug granted.

Yeah that works.  Let's get that on the field next season.  The road could even use alt black pants and despite being unnecessary, it wouldn't be awful.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

For the Cardinals, it really is not complicated:

AP_393457713350.JPG042304PatTILLMAN1.jpg?w=620

Start here and slightly modify. 

HOME

- move TV numbers to shoulders

- add PVC patch of state flag to sleeve caps
- military-style name patch or team patch on left chest

- updated, but mostly wide block-style numbers
- Cardinals logo on right hip of pant, or on top of narrowed pant stripes on outer hip

- add subtle details elsewhere if desired:  inside back neck,  back neck patch, thin sock stripes, or, at worst, team name above front number

AWAY

- use sleeve stripe pattern as the cuff stripe (like LSU)

- use PVC patch of state flag on sleeve caps

- match font to home jersey

- match subtle detailing to home jersey

- wear White pant with away jersey, possibly stripeless (don't need stripes on both jersey & pants)

- add Cardinals logo to pant front hip opposite Swoosh or on top of stripes on outer hips

- maintain sock stripes

ALT

- "Desert" alts:  copper, sand, coyote brown, black, slate or red blend.  Have seen some really decent concepts of this, namely this one:

@SansfordAndSuns-2.jpeg

Simple, easy, very effective update.  

They'll muck it up, though.

• Hurl 2
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 3