NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

Mods, maybe re-open the WFT thread since we're within 48 hours and there will likely be legit leaks soon?

It is the opinion of the moderators that we will reopen the WFT new identity thread Wednesday morning 2/2/22 around the time of the release of the new name.  It is supposed to be revealed on the Today show sometime that morning.

https://www.today.com/news/sports/washington-football-team-to-reveal-new-name-rcna10842

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

A minuscule leak of the name

spacer.png 

That wordmark looks too big. Not quite collegiate size, but that weird in-between size like the Jets went with.

The rest of the home uniform seems nice from what we've seen, but Nike always has to throw in at least one stupid design choice, marring an otherwise good uniform. The Bucs seem to have avoided that, but they clearly told Nike to just go back and not touch a damn thing.

• Like 1

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Moseph said:

Looks to me that its about the same size as the Bengals word mark which I don't think looks bad

The Bengals letters are noticeably shorter than the NFL shield, while the Commanders wordmark is at least as tall as the shield, mostly thanks to those lines. The condensed nature of the letters makes it appear larger as well, even if the letters themselves aren't that much taller than the Bengals. Hopefully it'll look better when we see the whole thing.

spacer.png

On 1/29/2022 at 7:38 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Tennessee has double blue

The Chargers have triple blue

It’s time Dallas owns the quadruple blue

It's like the time before the 2020 Rams uniform change when the 1973-1980 era when they brought back golden yellow/athletic gold in 1973, but the helmets were navy blue because it was difficult to do a royal blue like the ones from back then. The royal blue you see now with the Giants and Rams are lighter than the classic royal blue that we were used to seeing.

Dallas also contributes to this since their metallic slate was much more richer than their modern sea foam green mess.

It will be hard now a days to copy the Rams, Cowboys, and Chargers type of royal blue from the classic 1973-1980 in the case of the Rams, Chargers, and Cowboys. I just wish they knew what metallic slate and athletic gold/golden yellow was because this sea foam green, sol, and sunshine yellow stuff is too insane.

45 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Could of. Would of. Should of!

Have! For the love of all that is holy and good in this world, could HAVE, would HAVE, should HAVE! (Or could'VE, would'VE, should'VE)

(Unless I'm missing something and you were intentionally being facetious with your miswording.)

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

You know what would have been nice? White socks that had the matching shoulder stripes.

You know what else would've been nice?

Silver pants @ home. 

• Like 16

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Of anything Washington could change, I wish they’d move away from gold facemasks and opt for grey ones

( @oldschoolvikings this one’s for you )

Worst post of the year so far. Gray facemasks never look good without gray on other parts of the uniform. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

spacer.png