NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

5 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

I miss the days when an alt could just be throwing on an different colored jersey by surprise while changing nothing else to get the fans excited and players energized for one particularly premium matchup.

USATSI_11490050-e1633542300756.jpg?w=100

You picked the worst example of this to show. Let me fix it with some better examples...

5d15307867bd8.image.jpg?crop=960,720,0,5

443357fea51f5f6582f3bd8f9e066426.jpg

• Like 10

bSLCtu2.png

22 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

The question now becomes what game(s) will they wear these for? When they were last around, the Pats always seemed to wear them against the Jets.

Surprisingly these have only been worn 5 times (not counting the 09 AFL Anni unis which were different.)

The last 2 times were in back to back seasons against the Jets. The year before that against the Vikings and Lions. And the first time in 02 against the Lions on Thanksgiving. 

So I guess my question would be, do they play the Lions this year?

3 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Surprisingly these have only been worn 5 times (not counting the 09 AFL Anni unis which were different.)

The last 2 times were in back to back seasons against the Jets. The year before that against the Vikings and Lions. And the first time in 02 against the Lions on Thanksgiving. 

So I guess my question would be, do they play the Lions this year?

They do week 5 in New England.

G1ETt33.jpg

That helmet is beutiful. That helmet/pants combo would look outstanding with their black and white jerseys. Those should be their full time looks with a set of white pants to wear with the alternate blue jersey only. Throw the silver helmet, silver pants, and black pants in the garbage.

Back to the real world though, I don't think they'd wear this combo with the blue pants as an alternate. Those haven't been worn since 2017. They'll most likely pair the blue jersey with either a blue or black helmet and either black or white pants. 

• Like 2

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

Some possibilities for when they could wear them:

Week 1 at Miami - they wore the 09 version of the red jerseys at Miami, but never the current one. Wearing red and white may be more appealing in the September sun than the usual all navy, assuming Miami wears white at home. The Dolphins breaking out their throwbacks to make this an old-fashioned game would be fun!

Week 5 vs Detroit - the Pats have worn red against the Lions twice, although both were on Thanksgiving. They could opt to break them out for their 2nd home game.

Week 7 vs Chicago (MNF) - New England seems to like breaking out the throwbacks against NFC foes, and a Monday Night Football game seems like a prime opportunity to show them off. I won't be surprised if they'd rather the regular home uniform for the spotlight, though.

Week 9 vs Indy - this would be a very nice looking game, and it would break up the blue-fest that usually happens when these teams meet.

Week 11 vs NYJ - NE wore the throwbacks against the Jets in both 2011 and 2012. They seem to like the red vs green. Seeing it again would be anything but a shock.

Week 12 at Minnesota (Thanksgiving) - this is a stretch, with the Vikings either needing to wear white at home or for the NFL to give the go ahead for red vs purple for it to happen. But the Pats wore red against Minnesota in 2010, and they wore it on Thanksgiving in 2000 and 2010 at Detroit. This is unlikely, but given it's a holiday, the door must remain open.

Week 13 vs Buffalo (TNF) - this is the latest I could see the throwbacks making an appearance. Should the Pats want them to be worn in primetime, this is the only other opportunity at home besides the game against Chicago.

Historically, they've worn the reds once per season in October and again on Thanksgiving, should the team play then and the matchup work. The Pats have worn them exclusively against NFC or AFC East opponents. If they stick to wearing them once, the game against Detroit seems like the most likely for their return. If they wear them the maximum of 3 times, my guesses would be at Miami, vs Detroit, and against the Jets.

16 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Some possibilities for when they could wear them:

Week 1 at Miami - they wore the 09 version of the red jerseys at Miami, but never the current one. Wearing red and white may be more appealing in the September sun than the usual all navy, assuming Miami wears white at home. The Dolphins breaking out their throwbacks to make this an old-fashioned game would be fun!

Week 5 vs Detroit - the Pats have worn red against the Lions twice, although both were on Thanksgiving. They could opt to break them out for their 2nd home game.

Week 7 vs Chicago (MNF) - New England seems to like breaking out the throwbacks against NFC foes, and a Monday Night Football game seems like a prime opportunity to show them off. I won't be surprised if they'd rather the regular home uniform for the spotlight, though.

Week 9 vs Indy - this would be a very nice looking game, and it would break up the blue-fest that usually happens when these teams meet.

Week 11 vs NYJ - NE wore the throwbacks against the Jets in both 2011 and 2012. They seem to like the red vs green. Seeing it again would be anything but a shock.

Week 12 at Minnesota (Thanksgiving) - this is a stretch, with the Vikings either needing to wear white at home or for the NFL to give the go ahead for red vs purple for it to happen. But the Pats wore red against Minnesota in 2010, and they wore it on Thanksgiving in 2000 and 2010 at Detroit. This is unlikely, but given it's a holiday, the door must remain open.

Week 13 vs Buffalo (TNF) - this is the latest I could see the throwbacks making an appearance. Should the Pats want them to be worn in primetime, this is the only other opportunity at home besides the game against Chicago.

Historically, they've worn the reds once per season in October and again on Thanksgiving, should the team play then and the matchup work. The Pats have worn them exclusively against NFC or AFC East opponents. If they stick to wearing them once, the game against Detroit seems like the most likely for their return. If they wear them the maximum of 3 times, my guesses would be at Miami, vs Detroit, and against the Jets.

I'll start by saying that the Patriots throwbacks should be their full time uniform. They're perfect. They're gorgeous. It's easily their best uniform of all time and one of the very best in NFL history. And before anyone chimes in with the "They won multiple superbowls in flying elvis", laundry doesn't win championships. Players do.

As to when they might wear them, vs the Bears would make alot of sense in a uniform rematch of SB XX.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1