2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

On 2022-10-25 at 11:27 PM, SenatorJake said:

Forget bringing back the Barons as a one-off retro reverse, in my opinion the team should be brought back as a full-fledged member of the National Hockey League.

Economics be damned, I just think they have a neat name and history.

The AHL League Barons? maybe
The NHL Barons? Hell no, that team was a dumpster fire.

Wellp, there's your (rather large) helmet ad right there....

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

13 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The NHL Barons? Hell no, that team was a dumpster fire.

Not to derail this thread but check out this old SI article about the Barons.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1977/03/07/clevelands-not-barren

What a :censored:show that team was. And that was after their first season. They came back to play another year!

The Catch of the Day!

8 hours ago, Sport said:

I can't really explain why white hockey pants never work, but they never work. They always look silly. Maybe it's because they look like a big diaper? 

He either looks like he's wearing a towel (speak up) or the new board graphics glitched and keyed out his thighs.

I think the Jets could have pulled off grey breezers as the next best thing for a whiteout but even they wouldn't be able to make white work there.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I get that the RR jerseys are supposed to be one offs and for fun, but the all white look needs to die.  It didn't look good on the Stars, nor when the Leafs wore them in the Stadium Series game against the Caps.  The third time is not going to be the charm.  I really don't understand who actually thinks it's a good look and signed off on it.  Lastly, I can't believe they are going to wear them 8 times.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, M4One said:

The third time is not going to be the charm.

It's actually the fourth time. The Kings wore white pants for the 2015 Stadium Series.

Also, it wasn't all-white but the Capitals wore white pants with their red jerseys very early on in the 1974-75 season.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

23 hours ago, Sport said:

I can't really explain why white hockey pants never work, but they never work. They always look silly. Maybe it's because they look like a big diaper? 

I think it’s because it’s the only sport that uses a white playing surface. The pants usually end up with scuffs & puck marks, so they end up looking dingy compared to the clean white ice. 

Football, baseball, and basketball have green/brown playing surfaces so the white pants/shorts work better. 

I'd say it has nothing to do with ice. Hockey pants are bulky compare to basketball and football shorts or american football pants so because of that they look like diaper. If they fitted more they would look better but their main role is to protect players so they always be bulky.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png