2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

1 hour ago, uniformity said:

After seeing the Canucks RR live its apparent that they screwed up the logo by elongating the legs. It looks ridiculous to me.

They didn't elongate the legs, though; the logo on the jersey is how it was in the WHL, which is what they're throwing back to.

spacer.png

Now that the decades old speculation of what the missing robo penguin away uniform would have actually looked like on the ice has been put to bed, I have a new found appreciation for the Pittsburgh script uniform.   No matter my criticism of the Pens RR2.0 , it's better than this train wreck the Sabres have trotted out in.  

2 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

Honestly doesn't look terrible on ice.

Not saying it looks GOOD, but...

It COULD have looked good with blue pants and white helmets. Now it just looks stupid. There's absolutely NO logical reason for the blue helmet if they're going for a "#WHITEOUT ❄️❄️🥶" type of uniform

These, on the other hand were executed (EDIT: almost) perfectly and look better than their regular home jerseys

spacer.png

• Like 2

Penguins look more like the Bruins than usual…I like the RR by itself but at first I thought it was Boston. 

Sabres look like a team from the Olympics or something. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Penguins look more like the Bruins than usual…I like the RR by itself but at first I thought it was Boston. 

Sabres look like a team from the Olympics or something. 

I keep wanting the Penguins to return to the same sock design (or something similar) as the Vegas gold era. Those would match the hem striping on all four jerseys. I love the primary jerseys, but the mismatch below the waist is really starting to annoy me.

Sidney Crosby | Biography & Facts | Britannica

• Like 5

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Van: something is off with the striping, maybe the difference between the sleeves and hem.  Green pants might have been better too.

Pitt: I like the jersey but pants and sock stripings are off

Buf: I assume unpopular,  but I like the look of colored helmets with white jerseys.  Like Detroits RR last year, I think it adds to the overall look.  I think blue and yellow on jerseys and socks should swap.  Also would've liked the diagonal line on side of jerseys to carry onto pants.

1 hour ago, DTConcepts said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVohGYNOiEHVWg3vMRijN

The jersey is nice, but I just don't think white works for breezers (or gloves). There's just too much white with the entire uniform, plus the ice and boards. It's overwhelming.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

These, on the other hand were executed perfectly and look better than their regular home jerseys

spacer.png

The shoulder yoke is a travesty and they should be wearing plain black pants.

9AYixrH.png

• Like 6

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

2 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

The yoke is a travesty and they should be wearing plain black pants.

9AYixrH.png

Now that you mention it, it's weird that the Panthers could pull off the triangular yoke just fine but not Pittsburgh. Which means you can't even blame it on the template or cut of the jersey. And I do agree that solid black gear would have looked better

The more I look at the picture you posted, the more I'm convinced this is the best look the Penguins have ever had. Or maybe it's just the player you chose ahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTConcepts said:

not going with blue pants and white helmets is a braindead decision. hell, i don't even think blue helmets and blue pants would look terrible. I think it works fairly well when team USA uses it on occasion

spacer.png

pittsburgh looks good in a vacuum but looks almost identical to boston at a tv angle. pointed yoke looks nice, but I think i prefer the black script jersey. BUT IT NEEDS ROBOPEN ON THE SHOULDERS

2 minutes ago, riccirulesall said:

not going with blue pants and white helmets is a braindead decision. hell, i don't even think blue helmets and blue pants would look terrible. I think it works fairly well when team USA uses it on occasion

spacer.png

pittsburgh looks good in a vacuum but looks almost identical to boston at a tv angle. pointed yoke looks nice, but I think i prefer the black script jersey. BUT IT NEEDS ROBOPEN ON THE SHOULDERS

If Buffalo had reversed their white jersey instead of the black one and recoloured the yokes in blue, the blue helmet might have made more sense!

Braindead really sums it up nicely. Such a wasted opportunity, with a few tweaks it could have been a top 5 RR imo

The white pants are terrible, and the blue helmets on top of it make them look like a minor junior team that can only afford one set of helmets.  Same jersey with blue pants and white helmet would look fine.

Still think they should have a yoke on the white jersey, but I could live without it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

It might belong in the Unpopular Opinions thread, but I like the Canucks' chest numbers.

I think for NCAA College teams, front numbers are a cool look. It works because a lot of times the primary logo is a script of their location.